Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Buzz Rothfield: Which club is trying to offload four players

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield:

Which club is trying to offload four players?
Hoping to free up salary cap space and squad spots, the club has made it well-known the quartet is free to leave should they be able to find another club. All four played in the NRL last year.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Won't be Bulldogs. Impossible to believe that just seeing out the other side of a massive salary cap screwup over the past few years, that the club would get themselves into another one.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allen, Flanagan, Waddell and Stimson
Dreams are free right guy's.
All 4 "NOT REQUIRED". I'd add Wakeham and make it 5. Even with those 4 it would free up around 1.4M. Imagine having that up our sleeve to sign a player or 2 who would actually be influential in us winning more games. (ie Cheese)

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 4 "NOT REQUIRED". I'd add Wakeham and make it 5. Even with those 4 it would free up around 1.4M. Imagine having that up our sleeve to sign a player or 2 who would actually be influential in us winning more games. (ie Cheese)
Release 5 players and sign 2?

How do you maintain a full squad? You would still need to sign 3 players on minimum wage too so the full $1.4M won’t be available

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Release 5 players and sign 2?

How do you maintain a full squad? You would still need to sign 3 players on minimum wage too so the full $1.4M won’t be available
Yes I know. Minimum wage for 3 or 4 and sign 1-2 stars.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buzz Rothfield:

Which club is trying to offload four players?
Hoping to free up salary cap space and squad spots, the club has made it well-known the quartet is free to leave should they be able to find another club. All four played in the NRL last year.
Could be at least 1 of any 10 clubs, if 2021 has taught clubs anything its the fact that some players who were usefull a few years ago are no longer suited to the modern game.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand people's loyalty to Jacko however over the last few years his captaining has been average, his performances have been average and he's on big money that could be better spent elsewhere... if Gus thinks it's time to move him on then I support that decision.
A lock forward these days needs to be a fast skilful ball player that makes an impact, something Jacko is not.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I understand people's loyalty to Jacko however over the last few years his captaining has been average, his performances have been average and he's on big money that could be better spent elsewhere... if Gus thinks it's time to move him on then I support that decision.
A lock forward these days needs to be a fast skilful ball player that makes an impact, something Jacko is not.
I wouldn’t say he has been average, had some solid and great performances this year i just believe we could revert his role differently so it contributes to the team better and if it is jackson the rumoured player, we are going to absolutely cop it from the media non stop and fans on here having endless meltdowns :joycat:

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Of the NRL Captains who have 2yrs left on current contracts it includes, Jackson, Hunt, DCE. Other captains either have less or more than the 2yrs mentioned. It has been reported that Manly are trying to extend DCE, so It looks to be either Jackson ($600k) or Hunt ($1.1M).