Bush Fires

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Maybe it is nonsense, but so is fighting amongst ourselves, while the 1% never deal directly with any backlash... I have family members who have to deal with these people but do you know who doesn't have to deal with these people directly? politicians, CEOs, tycoons, etc... why? because they are sitting back playing us all against each other.. divide and conquer... why is nobody taking the fight to those people? taking it to big corp, Parliament? I mean.... wouldn't that be the logical thing to do? stopping the cars of innocent civilians isn't going to solve shit
Interesting thing about that. Each one answers to the people.

Politicians = elected by the people. If enough vote against them then they lose power

CEOs = answer to the people. If people stop buying their products, using their services and boycott them then they lose their position

Big Corporations = funded by the people. It enough boycott their product then they're forced to change their ways. In Australia a few years bakc enough people boycotted their caged eggs that they had to spend millions changing to cage-free eggs. People power works

I disagree with the way the extinction rebellion handles the process but you're not going to win the fight by asking the big companies to pay nice. You're going to win it by making it unprofitable for them. Boycott their products, stop their business from functioning. That's how you stop them.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because they've done an excellent job at disinformation and circumnavigating our democracy.

Turnbull was toppled as leader of the opposition for trying to bring in policy to reduce emmissions

Gillard brought in the ETS,

Abbott lied about and called it a carbon tax (https://www.sbs.com.au/news/carbon-tax-just-brutal-politics-credlin)

Abbott promised everyone $500 if he dismantled the " carbon tax", no one got $500

Turnbull, this time as PM, tried to bring in his own scheme NEG and was toppled as leader

Morrisson brought in a lump of coal into parliament

Gina Reinhardt made up an award and gave $40k to Barnaby joyce https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2...rds-barnaby-joyce-40-thousand-dollars/9178612

Protestors were attacked by police when they were protesting a coal execs get together https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10...-outside-melbourne-mining-conference/11648540 (I cant find the article but VIC police accepted that they started the confrontations and were too heavy handed)

The LNP lied about a threat to mining jobs in the last election. Adani have continuously lied about how many jobs their going to bring to Australia https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-there-are-new-questions-over-carmichael-mine

Clive palmer spent $80 million in our last election with a goal of NOT winning any seats, he simply wanted his preferences to go to the LNP. Many palmer united volunteers were seen handing out LNP how to vote pamphlets. And why did palmer go to this trouble? For his new mine.

The LNP are trying to ban ANY protests to mines

Whistleblowers of any kind are being threatened with lengthy prison sentences.

And yet here we are blaming "lefties" and "millenials".

You tell me whos the problem?

These fuck heads are continuously lying and the majority of the population keeps voting for them based on these LIES.

I've added references to some of the things I've said and you're more than welcome to search the other things I've said, they're all on record, coming out of their own mouths.

The LNP are trying to shut down ANY KIND of opposition to their way. From banning protests, threatening whistleblowers and cutting funding to the ABC (The ONLY media organization in australia who had proper investigative journalism, well they used to), theyre stacking nearly every independent commission we have with their people, e.g. the AEC refusing to bring to justice the shitty tactics frydenburg and gladys Liu used (our high court found that they purposely tried to mislead the electorate https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11...igh-court-challenges-election-result/11675738 , they refuse to accept criticism and if they are questioned properly they either refuse to answer or answer with threats

What they are doing is NOT democracy (the right to protest is a CORNERSTONE of democracy) and yet the "lefties" and "millenials" are the evil ones

It's not "lefties" and "millenials"... it's morons who are jumping when the 1% say jump... and I know there is little authenticity about their actions because we don't hear shit about any of this for most of the year.. then the minute a new slogan appears.. everybody is an activist and a hero...when egos can be stroked, everybody is an activist and a hero... Hear nothing for months about climate change until the media start telling everybody to kick and scream, and then everybody begins to kick and scream... guarantee in a few weeks time, we won't hear a thing about climate change, it will be replaced with the next item on the agenda.

There is nothing to be gained by the little people fighting and inconveniencing each other.. there should be no excuses in taking the fight where it matters... that's what a genuine activist does

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not "lefties" and "millenials"... it's morons who are jumping when the 1% say jump... and I know there is little authenticity about their actions because we don't hear shit about any of this for most of the year.. then the minute a new slogan appears.. everybody is an activist and a hero...when egos can be stroked, everybody is an activist and a hero... Hear nothing for months about climate change until the media start telling everybody to kick and scream, and then everybody begins to kick and scream... guarantee in a few weeks time, we won't hear a thing about climate change, it will be replaced with the next item on the agenda.

There is nothing to be gained by the little people fighting and inconveniencing each other.. there should be no excuses in taking the fight where it matters... that's what a genuine activist does
Bro

1. Protesting at mining sites banned

2. Protests at coal execs meeting, they were met with provocation and physical intimidation by the police

3. Whistleblowers receive a lengthy prison sentence. If a whistle blower was to come out and reveal shifty shit our government is doing, theyd be faced with a lengthy prison sentence

The avenues of protesting against the 1% are being dismantled and made illegal by this government.

Instead of morons saying "they deserve to have their heads kicked in", "They deserve to be run over" (Kerri ann), "both parties are just as bad as each other" (a massive display of ignorance), protesting is trying to bring it to the attention of the wider public and pressure thegovernment.

Bring it to attention to the wider public so hopefully they see the lies being pandered and actually vote against this shit lot.

Pressure on the government, because of these fires and public pressure, scummo (the man who brought in a lump of coal into parliament), conceded that climate change has played a part (although hes just appeasingthe public and wont do anything about it)

Banned
Reaction score
Because they've done an excellent job at disinformation and circumnavigating our democracy.

Turnbull was toppled as leader of the opposition for trying to bring in policy to reduce emmissions

Gillard brought in the ETS,

Abbott lied about and called it a carbon tax (https://www.sbs.com.au/news/carbon-tax-just-brutal-politics-credlin)

Abbott promised everyone $500 if he dismantled the " carbon tax", no one got $500

Turnbull, this time as PM, tried to bring in his own scheme NEG and was toppled as leader

Morrisson brought in a lump of coal into parliament

Gina Reinhardt made up an award and gave $40k to Barnaby joyce https://www.abc.net.au/news/rural/2...rds-barnaby-joyce-40-thousand-dollars/9178612

Protestors were attacked by police when they were protesting a coal execs get together https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-10...-outside-melbourne-mining-conference/11648540 (I cant find the article but VIC police accepted that they started the confrontations and were too heavy handed)

The LNP lied about a threat to mining jobs in the last election. Adani have continuously lied about how many jobs their going to bring to Australia https://www.theguardian.com/environ...-there-are-new-questions-over-carmichael-mine

Clive palmer spent $80 million in our last election with a goal of NOT winning any seats, he simply wanted his preferences to go to the LNP. Many palmer united volunteers were seen handing out LNP how to vote pamphlets. And why did palmer go to this trouble? For his new mine.

The LNP are trying to ban ANY protests to mines

Whistleblowers of any kind are being threatened with lengthy prison sentences.

And yet here we are blaming "lefties" and "millenials".

You tell me whos the problem?

These fuck heads are continuously lying and the majority of the population keeps voting for them based on these LIES.

I've added references to some of the things I've said and you're more than welcome to search the other things I've said, they're all on record, coming out of their own mouths.

The LNP are trying to shut down ANY KIND of opposition to their way. From banning protests, threatening whistleblowers and cutting funding to the ABC (The ONLY media organization in australia who had proper investigative journalism, well they used to), theyre stacking nearly every independent commission we have with their people, e.g. the AEC refusing to bring to justice the shitty tactics frydenburg and gladys Liu used (our high court found that they purposely tried to mislead the electorate https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-11...igh-court-challenges-election-result/11675738 , they refuse to accept criticism and if they are questioned properly they either refuse to answer or answer with threats

What they are doing is NOT democracy (the right to protest is a CORNERSTONE of democracy) and yet the "lefties" and "millenials" are the evil ones
Weird how life imitates itself upon different scales.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I don't think many people are denying climate change... the argument is about people grandstanding the days surrounding an event, doing nothing to help, and then being silent on the matter until the next hashtags come along... the people are arguing amongst themselves, while those who are most accountable kick back and never have to deal directly with any backlash
that's not very much of an argument

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's not very much of an argument

It is actually.. there is a lot of money and resources being poured into dealing with these a holes.. but thank you for your valuable input

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bro

1. Protesting at mining sites banned

2. Protests at coal execs meeting, they were met with provocation and physical intimidation by the police

3. Whistleblowers receive a lengthy prison sentence. If a whistle blower was to come out and reveal shifty shit our government is doing, theyd be faced with a lengthy prison sentence

The avenues of protesting against the 1% are being dismantled and made illegal by this government.

Instead of morons saying "they deserve to have their heads kicked in", "They deserve to be run over" (Kerri ann), "both parties are just as bad as each other" (a massive display of ignorance), protesting is trying to bring it to the attention of the wider public and pressure thegovernment.

Bring it to attention to the wider public so hopefully they see the lies being pandered and actually vote against this shit lot.

Pressure on the government, because of these fires and public pressure, scummo (the man who brought in a lump of coal into parliament), conceded that climate change has played a part (although hes just appeasingthe public and wont do anything about it)

organise numbers that they can't deal with.. genuine protesters don't give a shit about any bans... our country is burning remember? it's time for desperate measures right? we're about to be "climate refugees" and we're worrying about a little ban? :sleepy:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Anyone know if this rain is hitting the fires?

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone know if this rain is hitting the fires?
Massive rain over the Eden, Batemans Bay and Goulburn areas, so you would presume that it has helped alot.

I'm sure the kennel scientists will get into it with verified facts and statistics

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Massive rain over the Eden, Batemans Bay and Goulburn areas, so you would presume that it has helped alot.

I'm sure the kennel scientists will get into it with verified facts and statistics
Don't ask me. I'm not a meteorologist.

Apparently Melbourne had a crap load of rain. No rain at the Gospers Mountain region yet but it will apparently hit soon.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don't ask me. I'm not a meteorologist.

Apparently Melbourne had a crap load of rain. No rain at the Gospers Mountain region yet but it will apparently hit soon.
The climate is changing, it will definitely hit soon

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I don't think many people are denying climate change... the argument is about people grandstanding the days surrounding an event, doing nothing to help, and then being silent on the matter until the next hashtags come along... the people are arguing amongst themselves, while those who are most accountable kick back and never have to deal directly with any backlash
That's not really accurate. People may not agree with climate activism, but it's incorrect to say the activists (or even just every day people who are concerned about the climate) wait for extreme weather events to mention the problem.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That's not really accurate. People may not agree with climate activism, but it's incorrect to say the activists (or even just every day people who are concerned about the climate) wait for extreme weather events to mention the problem.

I never said they waited for extreme weather events... they don't wait for anything, they kick and scream when they are told to kick and scream, and it would not be an issue if it was not at the inconvenience of others.. it wouldn't be an issue if they were actually drawing attention to a cause, rather than themselves... it wouldn't be an issue if they took a real fight to the people and corporations who are most at fault

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I never said they waited for extreme weather events... they don't wait for anything, they kick and scream when they are told to kick and scream, and it would not be an issue if it was not at the inconvenience of others.. it wouldn't be an issue if they were actually drawing attention to a cause, rather than themselves... it wouldn't be an issue if they took a real fight to the people and corporations who are most at fault
Told by whom? The groups which organise these rallies are not members or representatives of the one percent.....and unfortunately, it's pretty hard to take the fight directly to the powers that be with laws being introduced and police being given more and more power to deal with protesters who encroach on certain boundaries as brutally as possible. Where is your evidence the majority of people are protesting to draw attention to themselves? And assuming yopu are right and they are puppets, wouldn't those who direct their anger at protesters and not those they protest against be equally complicit in assisting the powers that be in this strategy of divide and conquer......ultimately both sides are acting out of frustration over matters which are not really in their control.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What do you suggest they should do?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Told by whom? The groups which organise these rallies are not members or representatives of the one percent.....and unfortunately, it's pretty hard to take the fight directly to the powers that be with laws being introduced and police being given more and more power to deal with protesters who encroach on certain boundaries as brutally as possible. Where is your evidence the majority of people are protesting to draw attention to themselves? And assuming yopu are right and they are puppets, wouldn't those who direct their anger at protesters and not those they protest against be equally complicit in assisting the powers that be in this strategy of divide and conquer......ultimately both sides are acting out of frustration over matters which are not really in their control.

You only need to look as far as, who controls the media, who controls the message? do you know for a fact these groups aren't being funded, legitimately or illegitimately? I mean the rally was mostly centred on Scomo, so do you think the opposition weren't involved in any way? or was it all the work of some innocent little group do you think?

we have seen behaviour that can result in arrest, so there is no excuse not to take a genuine fight to the people and organisations who are most accountable.

Yeah you're right...the fact that we are here on page 13 and all we have discussed is the protestors for the most part, is proof of that... that's what happens when a group make something about themselves.. the apparent cause takes a back seat... as I've said many a time.. very few will be talking about climate change in a few weeks.. but what we will be talking about, is unrelated protests, by the same type of characters, same place, more grand standing, more inconvenience to the general public

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You only need to look as far as, who controls the media, who controls the message? do you know for a fact these groups aren't being funded, legitimately or illegitimately? I mean the rally was mostly centred on Scomo, so do you think the opposition weren't involved in any way? or was it all the work of some innocent little group do you think?

we have seen behaviour that can result in arrest, so there is no excuse not to take a genuine fight to the people and organisations who are most accountable.

Yeah you're right...the fact that we are here on page 13 and all we have discussed is the protestors for the most part, is proof of that... that's what happens when a group make something about themselves.. the apparent cause takes a back seat... as I've said many a time.. very few will be talking about climate change in a few weeks.. but what we will be talking about, is unrelated protests, by the same type of characters, same place, more grand standing, more inconvenience to the general public
Extinction Rebellion have targeted Labor as well. They're just targeting ScoMo due to him being in power and due to his climate policies.