Opinion Burtons goal kicking

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If they don't have the "fade" option in their kicking arsenal it makes sense to use the natural curve to your advantage
The other good thing about those left and right foot goal kickers in that team, was that they were the half and the five eighth.

We could position the leftie on the left side of the ruck, and the Right footer on the other, to confuse the markertrying to charge down. Their kicking foot is then further away from the attempted charge down.

Our dummy half also had a decent kick on him, and was also used as a variation. He was a good reader of the game and we gave him the right to decide who was going to kick in general play.

If we keep Burton as we hope, my thoughts are whoever is the 7 should be a right foot kicker, and Reed Mahoney has to take the pressure of them both.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The other good thing about those left and right foot goal kickers in that team, was that they were the half and the five eighth.

We could position the leftie on the left side of the ruck, and the Right footer on the other, to confuse the markertrying to charge down. Their kicking foot is then further away from the attempted charge down.

Our dummy half also had a decent kick on him, and was also used as a variation. He was a good reader of the game and we gave him the right to decide who was going to kick in general play.

If we keep Burton as we hope, my thoughts are whoever is the 7 should be a right foot kicker, and Reed Mahoney has to take the pressure of them both.
And in terms of shooting for 40/20s they can use the natural hook to their advantage
I don't know why Burto isn't putting a speculative shot at 40/ 20 early in the count with the fox chasing

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I thought earlier in the season was that there’s no point having someone else kick might as well focus on Burtons kicking since he’s a long term half.

Hes improved alot however probably is our best option now.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course he's a slick goal kicker but you need two or three sharp shooters in a side in case he's not there.
Nick Meaney was like 98% get him back

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Definitely getting better, pretty sure he is taking a bit off power wise and using a bit more finesse.
Flanno struggles to get the journey from the sidelines Burto can bang them over at about 80% of full juice.
Someone mentioned Holmes, he is a very clean striker of the ball.Doesnt play a position requiring it but I'd suggest were he a kicker in general play he could roost skyscrapers too.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He uas improved massively in a pretty short space of time TBH. He has the potential to become one of the best goal kickers in the comp at this rate. Its another string to his bow.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently halligan working with him ,just sign him up gus