Opinion Burtons goal kicking

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He certainly does. Rmember when he first staryed kickibg for us though? He would shank them when he was only 5m wide of the posts. Now he 8s nailing them from both sidelines. Massive imorovement in just 2 months!!
He has taken the ball back further to open up the goals.
To have a massive boot he does it with ease.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember Gus saying in the channel 9 commentary earlier this season that Burton had a good kicking style and he would improve if only the team scored more try’s and he got more game day kicks….
In Gus we trust ..

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never want Flanagan to kick a ball… EVER!

You just know that if Flanagan gets the ball on the last to kick a bomb, it’ll end up being a trainwreck
Just like when we played Cronulla and he kept missing goal kicks ffen woeful

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hazem said that because he started kicking later in his career, and the amount of practice he then did to improve his technique fucked his back. Hopefully, the physios and trainers are keeping an eye on him. We want Burto to be at the top of his game in 10 years, still playing for the dogs.

Malla

Reaction score
Hazem said that because he started kicking later in his career, and the amount of practice he then did to improve his technique fucked his back. Hopefully, the physios and trainers are keeping an eye on him. We want Burto to be at the top of his game in 10 years, still playing for the dogs.
When did Hazem say that? I wonder if the fact he is overweight now might have more to do with why his back is fucked

Malla

Reaction score
He has taken the ball back further to open up the goals.
To have a massive boot he does it with ease.
Yeah noticed that too. He hits the ball so sweetly it always goes higher than the posts too. Freak of nature

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I once coached a team where we had left and right foot kickers. That exact scenario you allude to is what we did. In the Grand Final our left foot kicker nailed it from the right sideline to give us an 8 point lead with under 2 minutes to go.

Way back in the late 70’s or early 80’s there was a guy named Mike Eden who played for Easts and then Manly who could kick goals with both feet. Natural right footer but kicked from out wide on the right with his left foot.
It was the 80s & you are correct. He also played with Gold Coast