News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m entitled to an opinion and it differs from you. I see Burton as a centre. He’s had more average games this year than great games. Surely you can see that. He’s as much a five eighth as Latrell Mitchell is a fullback. I’ve seen quite a few Bulldogs matches this year and Burton whilst has been good in a few, struggled in more. A total of 3 try assists says a lot
In that penriff side Burton could have played any position given to him and killed it. He is a very talented player and was playing in a very talented team.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would take Burton over Keary all day. Keary is one or 2 more head knocks from MR and Burton is way younger.

Burton has much more upside and with gun service from Maloney and hopefully a “decent” 7 inside him he will get better and better.

Potentially the long term 6 for NSW.
That's stupid brah

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Riccio can't have it both ways in the one article....Burton wouldn't be real happy driving to training having been flogged week after week UNDER Barrett either..can he

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You haven’t seen anything of Averillo yet, just the Barrett version
Listen biarch, I am one of the few that hasn’t given up on him yet. He needs to toughen up a bit and I would love to see him at FB but he is a long way from done yet.

He has been badly handled by several coaches but I know Gould sees a footy player in him.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Pull ur head in dickhead or f u k off.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton needs some help,he cant do it all. Problem is he is surrounded by fuckind muppetts.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I get that the club is in a bad spot at the moment but I got the feeling Burton wants out. He's already indicated to test the market, as each game goes the less enthused he seems.
He's the best available 6 we have but I think we need to have an ultimatum with him, if he intends to sign elsewhere after Nov 1, move him on. Rather that then him kick stones for 18months.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bring on Docker Clay see how he goes. Burton needs the ball earlier, never seen him play but can’t be any worse.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Plus Tigers allowed to hold down unlike us doesn’t help us. Funny how it’s only is that hold down.

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I haven’t seen Burton actually yell out and organise a play yet. Can’t be passive when nobody else is organising either. Burton is like Brooks (quiet) but we don’t have a Hastings organising things….I’m in melb so can’t get to a game but it looks very quiet on the field?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
1 try and set up two other tries. 1 line break, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 23 tackles, 1 missed. 502 kicking metres..

He has to play 5/8th and halfback on a historically bad team and our own fans don't even appreciate him.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1 try and set up two other tries. 1 line break, 3 tackle busts, 1 offload, 23 tackles, 1 missed. 502 kicking metres..

He has to play 5/8th and halfback on a historically bad team and our own fans don't even appreciate him.
That’s where he will stay for a long time, and hopefully with us.
We just don’t have anyone in support or good hole runners.