News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
NSW Police Reporting:-

Crazy bearded man with Bulldogs singlet claiming to be High Performance Manager holding Auburn Macca’s staff Hostage…. He asked for a quadruple fillet Big Mac, but they declined for health reasons
Did he have pubes on his face claiming it's a beard? Also did he have double D titties? If yes, I think I know who it is.

Malla

Reaction score
You can't say that, naughty.
I laugh at his manager wanting to test the open market
I’m thinking bloke is playing like he’s worth $300k a year if he tests the open market we will save and he will lose money hahaha

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m thinking bloke is playing like he’s worth $300k a year if he tests the open market we will save money hahaha
Great timing hey?

Rumour Is it's not a massive increase he is looking for, which sounds plausible.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great timing hey?

Rumour Is it's not a massive increase he is looking for, which sounds plausible.
i think we should give it to him off potential alone. once there's a more competent spine in place he'll be able to prove hes worth it. half way there, just need a 7 and 1

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way Burton has been playing i would argue he may actually be pretty happy the coach is no longer

Malla

Reaction score
Great timing hey?

He’s going to get it. Gus will sign him on a huge deal. But I can’t say he deserves it based on his performance so far this year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m thinking bloke is playing like he’s worth $300k a year if he tests the open market we will save and he will lose money hahaha
I said when we signed him that he wasn't anywhere near as good as some people thought and playing centre for the Panthers was totally different to playing in the halves for us. He's still one of the best young halves in the game and will attract interest but i really hate the thought of upgrading him when we're still dead last and he's dishing up attacking stats worse than our halves from last season. Gus will give him some bs deal, done it at the Panthers in the past with the likes of RCG, Blake, etc.

jake6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
wow a player allowed to negotiate who is off contact. What a scoop

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said when we signed him that he wasn't anywhere near as good as some people thought and playing centre for the Panthers was totally different to playing in the halves for us. He's still one of the best young halves in the game and will attract interest but i really hate the thought of upgrading him when we're still dead last and he's dishing up attacking stats worse than our halves from last season. Gus will give him some bs deal, done it at the Panthers in the past with the likes of RCG, Blake, etc.
Cap wise, does it really matter? We have at least 7 players that will fuck off or be booted.

You can lose form but you can't lose class.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I just can't wait for Burton to start putting it all together and these same muppets come crawling back and pretend like they rated him all along.
And if he ever ends up leaving the same people will likely make a thread saying "why the fuck did we let him go"... Would probably throw in a line about Damien Cook too haha

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cap wise, does it really matter? We have at least 7 players that will fuck off or be booted.

You can lose form but you can't lose class.
What class? He dominated at centre and played a couple of games in the halves where he was non existent for large chunks of them until he turned it on with some moments of individual brilliance. He has so much developing left to do and to pay him 700k in his current state is absolutely ridiculous. Let's just see how the second half of the season plays out before even considering anything contract related with him.