Official Burton

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Reed and Burton I reckon are trying too hard and overplaying things.
While this is probably true there are a lot of players around them doing fuck all, they both need to improve and reduce the errors in their games but it’s a bit of a vicious circle at the moment the harder they try the more mistakes they are making but at least they are having a go unlike players like flange TPJ etc. winners want to win, they are just overcooking it ATM.

Bad Trades

Waterboy
Reaction score
Burto isn’t a halfback but he currently is the best spine player and playmaker in the team. I can understand why CC would want to change things up a little, let’s face it, there’s nothing to lose given the current injury crisis. KO is not the answer at the moment, hes a kid with potential but nowhere near developed enough to throw into first grade. Reynolds is a great club man but is too old and too slow to be playing significant minutes in first grade. That leaves Burto and Flanno to make the most of a very dire situation.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burto isn’t a halfback but he currently is the best spine player and playmaker in the team. I can understand why CC would want to change things up a little, let’s face it, there’s nothing to lose given the current injury crisis. KO is not the answer at the moment, hes a kid with potential but nowhere near developed enough to throw into first grade. Reynolds is a great club man but is too old and too slow to be playing significant minutes in first grade. That leaves Burto and Flanno to make the most of a very dire situation.
Bailey Biondi-Odo might be an option when he returns.

Or even Nu Brown.

I'd be keen to see a Nu Brown and Burton halves pairing, with Reynolds coming off the bench as a link man.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How come good teams run onto the ball at pace, hit the ad line with force + players in motion making space out wide?

We have guys getting the ball from a standing start and then the one out runs. We look like a team of strangers and if we are honest, we are mostly horrible and uninteresting to watch.

Obvious we were never winning tonight after the back to back tries to Kennedy. The commentator on FOX remarked Sharts went over 70 metres on the set after Kennedy's first try. That's why they could put in an attacking kick on the last. We did that sh*t where our defensive line either stands still or even backs away. That's why Sharts ran 72 metres and that's when the writing on the wall for us. And that was inside the first 10 minutes.
The lack of aggression in defence is the most worrying thing for me. Forget the attack, it’s defence we are still hopeless at. Sharks scored so easily it was embarrassing.

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What are you on? He was our best player tonight and was the only one who did anything in attack aside from Perham who had surprisingly solid hands for once. He kept trying til the end to spark something.

How does anyone watch tonight's game and think Burton is the main problem?
I haven't seen Perham do anything a fullback is supposed to do yet accept run the ball back from his own line. I haven't seen him back up any support play at all in attack.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Our options other than Burton and KO stink

CC is learning the hard way. There is zero point for Reynolds on the bench, he either starts at 5/8 or he is left right out

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven't seen Perham do anything a fullback is supposed to do yet accept run the ball back from his own line. I haven't seen him back up any support play at all in attack.
The only argument I’ve heard that makes sense for selecting him over Averillo is his communication at the back.

For all the communication we have the worst D in the comp unless Tiger take a drubbing from Sea Eagle this weekend.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
How come good teams run onto the ball at pace, hit the ad line with force + players in motion making space out wide?

We have guys getting the ball from a standing start and then the one out runs. We look like a team of strangers and if we are honest, we are mostly horrible and uninteresting to watch.

Obvious we were never winning tonight after the back to back tries to Kennedy. The commentator on FOX remarked Sharts went over 70 metres on the set after Kennedy's first try. That's why they could put in an attacking kick on the last. We did that sh*t where our defensive line either stands still or even backs away. That's why Sharts ran 72 metres and that's when the writing on the wall for us. And that was inside the first 10 minutes.
I pointed that out several times in the game thread. We had no line speed. They defensive line would move up maybe a meter and then wait for the Cronulla player to come to them, giving them all the momentum and allowing them to poke through the line and earn fast play the balls. You won’t win many games like that