Burton

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The issue isn’t burtons ability it’s the shape we have and where he is positioned. He showed a glimpse of his brilliance with the deft kick across field to get that repeat set. If anything Ciraldo is to blame for him still being stuck on the left edge

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I said that basically last year but then next game played like a 5/8 .
he has the ability but not do it on consistent basis , I agree with you tho at this stage he has shown to be a centre nothing more
Not once have I written him off and I never write him off. He has a heap of potential but he has to learn his trade ASAP. Granted he hasn't got a FB or HB, but he has a hooker with the best service in the league.

Last edited:

judyisapunk

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton will fire up for round 1.. I'm not sure what his deal was yesterday but it's done now

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if CC is keeping powder dry (which would be ideal) but the attacking shape gave me Baz vibes

Lateral and no one hitting holes to straighten the attack
There are some timing issues and it looks like our shapes are too deep.

This is a 4 on 2 and the combination of Burton not going hands, delivering a bad pass and Alamoti and JAC being too deep shut it down real Too Deep - Made with Clipchamp (2).gifquick.

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Burton is good player , but not a great one .

The more you see him play the more he looks a centre .
He doesn’t impose himself in a game , he lacks craft and his ball playing skills I still question . He has an ok running game but for a decent sized 5/8 he vary rarely runs it

The only creativity comes from his boot and that’s worrying for a premium half

LoneWolf

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There are some timing issues and it looks like our shapes are too deep.

This is a 4 on 2 and the combination of Burton not going hands, delivering a bad pass and Alamoti and JAC being too deep shut it down real View attachment 65489quick.
Why not take the line on , look to ball play at the line or after it ?
He’s big enough and it that situation he should be doing more of it .

Killed the set

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why not take the line on , look to ball play at the line or after it ?
He’s big enough and it that situation he should be doing more of it .

Killed the set
Yeah, he took the worst option.

I think in the ideal world, they're flatter, Alamoti runs an unders line to attract Nikora and Burton takes Perham and JAC for the 3 on 1 with Katoa.

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
That's the difference yesterday the sharks iced that sort of move and we didn't. Need to be icing those plays. In those situations if the support isn't there and timing is off would have liked to have seen Burton dummy and go. Still playing a bit too structured.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has as many bad games as Flanagan has good games. As Scribe said, “Not mini, eff inny”
but Flannagon cops a flogging compated to Burton and he is on much more money

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This is what happens when you're a bottom feeder club ......trials are the be all and end all.

I wait until after round 1 before I lose the plot lol.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton has no excuses… he has had one season in the 6 and he looked beyond big average. He did fuck all, stayed his side of the field, never drifted around getting involved.. even flano the shit **** kicked higher bombs than him. I’m hoping to god he was told get some miles in your legs and don’t worry about playing full on. If this is the attitude that’s coming into the season then I’m more then worried.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
but Flannagon cops a flogging compated to Burton and he is on much more money
Is now but flanno has made roughly 1.5 million from us and all we get is a panic pass to a forward on the last or inside ball he’s predictable and slow.

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Burton has become our new Mbye, huge paycheque, big promise but no delivery.