Burton

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think Baz will care TBH - he'll want Burton ASAP even if it means we're light up front. Napa doesn't do much anyway so moving one of the backrowers to prop will do. We can survive without Napa falling into tackles for the first 4 rounds.
Don’t agree at all. Napa isn’t good but using a prop rotation of Hetherington, Atoni and Ogden for the first 4 games will be a blood bath and it could potentially knock the stuffing out of the team. Those three barely have 50 first grade games between them and you can’t expect them to carry the team for the opening month.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I find it hard to believe that Penrith would have any interest in Napa unless we paid almost all of his contract. If the club could somehow afford to do that and squeeze Burton in, then obviously you'd do it but it doesn't seem likely or practical.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion:

We need Napa this season more than we need Burton. This will be Napa’s first opportunity to play for us in what isn’t a fucking horrendous football team coached by a bloke from the pub.

We have no depth in the front row.

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
IF this is at all true. (come on surely it’s not) At this point we should just be waiting for Burton in 22. We’ve got about as much front row depth as they’ve got - not our problem they pissed off Hetho, Tamou and Tetevano.

While Napa has been unbelievably below average, he’s separated himself far enough from his controversy, new coach focused on getting him fit and hopefully knows how to use him. Who knows he could get back to his damaging best alongside his maniac front rowers Thompson and Hetherington.

Burton is coming anyway. The way I see it is we have the upper hand in the deal. Lets turn the table and hard ball them. Take him for a cash incentive and nothing else, I say.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If Thompson wasn’t suspended would Napa even start?

I’d have him and hetho in 8-10

Rfm jacko and Elliott in backrow.

I get it gets skinny with Napa gone with really only Renouf and Ogden though I think it’s been said Stimson might play middle and with Waddell etc might be worth the go?
Garfield is NSW Cup at best.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thompson, Hetherington, Stimson, Napa, Atoni....daylight....Ogden. That's our frontrow depth. Out of that lot Thompson is the only one that has played good footy at prop recently and that was overseas and a game and half here. As bad as Napa is surely he will perform okayish with reduced minutes knowing he is offcontract?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Baz will care TBH - he'll want Burton ASAP even if it means we're light up front. Napa doesn't do much anyway so moving one of the backrowers to prop will do. We can survive without Napa falling into tackles for the first 4 rounds.
Confidential negotiations are on...
It's a swap with 1 of 3 players
If it happens, we will be happy !!!

Last edited:

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wow so the story is legit then. As long as we're not swapping one of our young guns I'll be happy.
Honestly I’m really nervous now. Can they take Britt or something. Surely Baz doesn’t throw out someone super valuable to our future

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well Burton would replace Napa in the top 30 so we would still have a roster spot we could use on a prop I guess?

It would depend on what was available and how much cap room we would have left but they would have to be experienced.

doggy_dave

Waterboy
Reaction score
If this is true I will gladly give him a hand emptying out his locker.
We really don't need Napa. I would play Josh Jackson at prop as I believe he is more suited to it now and we can use some of our more mobile, younger edge back rowers. We have Hetherington and Thompson to provide the mongrel that Napa was supposed to give us. I think it would be a massive win for us but a little too good to be true right now.
I agree. Time to move Jackson to the front row.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unpopular opinion:

We need Napa this season more than we need Burton. This will be Napa’s first opportunity to play for us in what isn’t a fucking horrendous football team coached by a bloke from the pub.

We have no depth in the front row.
Very true, I'm also happy to wait for Burton now and let Averillo have his shot.

Ransom

Waterboy
Reaction score
Thompson, Hetherington, Stimson, Napa, Atoni....daylight....Ogden. That's our frontrow depth. Out of that lot Thompson is the only one that has played good footy at prop recently and that was overseas and a game and half here. As bad as Napa is surely he will perform okayish with reduced minutes knowing he is offcontract?
Sorry, you lost me at Stimson.... ;)