Burton

JHeatho9

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yeah I just thought how typical of ivan it would be now that the news has broken that our young and up coming player Jakes Av will most likely get first crack at 5/8 he would release him to force Barrett to make a tough decision
A good decision none the less

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One out of left field....

Could anyone see Burton playing lock if Flanno and Avo (FLAVO) lol have such a good partnership that would be crazy to break up in 2022?

Just a thought???

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Could anyone see Burton playing lock if Flanno and Avo (FLAVO) lol have such a good partnership that would be crazy to break up in 2022?

Just a thought???
I wish we had Burton now, then we don’t have this dilemma.

Burton will carve up in 5/8, so imo if Averillo does do great chances are he’ll (maybe) do great at fullback too.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a thought???
He is still pretty young and filling out his frame. I couldn’t imagine he would be battle hardened enough to make the change to back row at this stage of his career.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Just a thought???
We have an abundance of players capable of playing lock/second row. He's too talented to be wasted playing lock. I'd rather flick Flanagan and have two running halves than shift Burton to lock or lose Avo.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have an abundance of players capable of playing lock/second row. He's too talented to be wasted playing lock. I'd rather flick Flanagan and have two running halves than shift Burton to lock or lose Avo.
they both need to be in the spine IMO

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is still pretty young and filling out his frame. I couldn’t imagine he would be battle hardened enough to make the change to back row at this stage of his career.
It could happen over one season & 2 off seasons...

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think with the tweaks to the rules the more capable ball players in a team the better!! This was always the case until the changes in the interpretation of the rules from the early to mid 1990's....If we had a good/great 6 & 7, good 1 then a fantastic big bodied ball playing middle in the form of Burton we could potentially catch up with the curve... the roorters forwards were dynamic in 2020 prior to Radleys injury & he wouldn't have the speed or ball playing ability of Burton. Anyway however it goes position wise in 21 & 22....all this speculation has me excited for a new season to start which has not been the case for too many years....up the Dogs & fluck em all!!

Red_Horse

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I reckon Kyle Flanagan will only be with the dogs until his old man becomes head coach at the sharks again. We will probably end up with Burton and Avo in the spine together no matter what.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
That’s insane. Someone needs to kick and organise the team.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I reckon Kyle Flanagan will only be with the dogs until his old man becomes head coach at the sharks again. We will probably end up with Burton and Avo in the spine together no matter what.
Sharks were in the mix for Flanagan and he chose us. If the master plan was to play under his dad he would of joined the Sharks. Flanagan will be with us for at least 3 years imo.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just think Burton is the better 5/8th of the lot and should play in his best position instead of moving to accomodate someone else. Which leaves just one position and I choose Avo over Flanagan.
But neither Burton or Avo are genuine organising halves. We can’t have two running 5/8ths in the halves. We need a game manager.. I think either burton will have to go to lock, or Jake will have to either move to the centres, or try to challenge Allen for the fb spot. In any case, we will have quality players challenging each other for spots and that’s a good place to be in.... but I think Flanagan is assured a place. Barrett apparently thinks very highly of him and he’s the best game manager at the club.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But neither Burton or Avo are genuine organising halves. We can’t have two running 5/8ths in the halves. We need a game manager.. I think either burton will have to go to lock, or zack will have to either move to the centres, or try to challenge Allen for the fb spot. In any case, we will have quality players challenging each other for spots and that’s a good place to be in.... but I think Flanagan is assured a place. Barrett apparently thinks very highly of him and he’s the best game manager at the club.
Who the fuck is Zack?!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Just a thought???
This is how I would do it...

I'd play Flanno 1 off the ruck in attack controlling the game on both sides of the field & play Burt as a 6 outside him on the left side, with Avo outside Flanno on the right side playing as a 5/8 for that edge.

So essentially we got 2 permanent 5/8's with one playing either side of the ruck inside our centres.
The more points of attack the better.

Then we have to shuffle Flanno out of the middle in defence, maybe outside the bigger body of Burt on the left.