Burton

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the rumours of S Crichton signing a big deal are true then we might be in a great position to get Burton early. They could front load some of Crichton’s deal and replace Burton with a minimum salary player

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't see what financial incentive there is cap wise for the Panthers to release Burton considering Burton is reportedly on a minimum contract

the Panthers might want financial compensation to release Burton in view of the current Covid economic climate, may see Burton's place in their FG squad a waste knowing he is leaving in 9 months when it might be better served promoting another junior half that would benefit from the early exposure to the FG squad, and would be engendering good will noting that Burton would benefit from the release in both FG opportunity and earnings... all reasons I can think of

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't see what financial incentive there is cap wise for the Panthers to release Burton considering Burton is reportedly on a minimum contract

the Panthers might want financial compensation to release Burton in view of the current Covid economic climate, may see Burton's place in their FG squad a waste knowing he is leaving in 9 months when it might be better served promoting another junior half that would benefit from the early exposure to the FG squad, and would be engendering good will noting that Burton would benefit from the release in both FG opportunity and earnings... all reasons I can think of
Give em 100k for fucks sake

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If the rumours of S Crichton signing a big deal are true then we might be in a great position to get Burton early. They could front load some of Crichton’s deal and replace Burton with a minimum salary player
Burton is already that minimum salary player.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is already that minimum salary player.
Well if that’s the case I can see why Penrith doesn’t have much incentive on keeping him. My only hope is they realise that with May already a backup half that they could use his spot to upgrade a developmental player.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give em 100k for fucks sake
More like 1m. Money outside the cap is probably only important for Manly, Sharks and some other struggling clubs, I don't see Panthers as one of them. I think they're quite wealthy, similar to us.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn't Laundy supposed to be having a meeting with the Penrith CEO this week about Burton? Hopefully we get some news this week...or maybe Malla can bump the thread again to let us know he's coming

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like 1m. Money outside the cap is probably only important for Manly, Sharks and some other struggling clubs, I don't see Panthers as one of them. I think they're quite wealthy, similar to us.
They were quite financial state not that long time ago. It was 5 years ago they insolvent and had borrow 10 or 20 million from Packer which Phil Gould organised as the bank wouldn't lead them anywhere near what they needed.

As a result they got enough time sell off assets slowly instead of fire sale.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Covid would have drastically affected the bottom line of even the richest clubs and you wouldn’t turn down additional revenue if it’s on offer

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
you cant and it makes no difference to their cap.
Is there anything stopping Arthur Laundy providing the cash to Penrith as TPA? Surely it would meet the at arm's length rule as he's not a sponsor of the Panthers.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there anything stopping Arthur Laundy providing the cash to Penrith as TPA? Surely it would meet the at arm's length rule as he's not a sponsor of the Panthers.
As a tpa arthur is our sponsor and cant do a tpa directly but im pretty sure a transfer fee too panthers doesn’t count in the cap

ChimpNugget

Waterboy
Reaction score
Feeling that bumps not going to well sadly. February not far...
Hyped it up to my mates saying I had the inside word and things were in motion... it’s not looking all that good right now. Kinda in the dog house until we get the green light lol (pun intended)

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is everyone giving up on Burton so easily? Malla is almost always right with his mail but he's usually a little early so I assume it's still in the works. I'm waiting until the end of next week before I start crying.

Yes Avo at 6 would be OK for this year but I'd rather Burton play 6 this year so we can get a headstart for next year as I can see us finishing top 4 in 22. And remember without Burton we're only 1 injury away from the prince getting a run in FG and NOBODY wants to see that

If Malla has some mail on Burton then surely someone else must know something too