Burton pictured with dogs powerbrokers

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton and Fox would be two of the most marketable players in the comp. Juicy third parties should not be difficult. Losing Burton is not an option, we just need to make sure we don't over pay, coz he needs some talent around him. As bad as Baz was, getting Burton to come over should never be forgotten.

Doggystyle99

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anybody know who those people are besides khoury and Warburton ?

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion Mr. Burton isn't a five-eighth. We love JAC too.
Your rather kind Bradley, I don't even appreciate that opinion or post generally..it sucks to be honest.
An in the minority or one out opinion thankfully...

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
these powerbrokers should be careful at least in one regard... and that is putting Burton up on a pedestal to the detriment of the rest of the playing group... we don't want Burton alienated from his teammates
His teammates didn't play origin, so I don't see how powerbrokers enjoying a drink with him to celebrate a great origin debut could possible alienate them...lol

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His teammates didn't play origin, so I don't see how powerbrokers enjoying a drink with him to celebrate a great origin debut could possible alienate them...lol
I just hope the club avoids a 'Zidanes' vs 'Pavons' type situation

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I just hope the club avoids a 'Zidanes' vs 'Pavons' type situation
I wouldn't worry about it, personally. Burton seems like a down to earth kid and the rest of the boys seem to love him. Seems like the feeling around the joint is really good at the moment. You saw the video where they all rallied around to congratulate him on his selection, I'm sure.

Players would understand that a) this is a huge moment for Burto and b) if they are selected for origin in the future, the club will no doubt celebrate with/ congratulate them too and c) it's also an opportunity for Khoury and Warburton to strengthen his bond with the club, which will only help in our bid to retain him.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about it, personally. Burton seems like a down to earth kid and the rest of the boys seem to love him. Seems like the feeling around the joint is really good at the moment. You saw the video where they all rallied around to congratulate him on his selection, I'm sure.

Players would understand that a) this is a huge moment for Burto and b) it's also an opportunity for Khoury and Warburton to strengthen his bond with the club, which will only help in our bid to retain him. It's basically a prelude to contract negotiations....Burton isn't the first player who has been wined and or dined by club bigwigs in a bid to sign or retain them, and he won't be the last.
here's hoping

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Politis and Khoury have a handshake agreement not to go after each others players. Roosters backed off Alamoti back when the hype around him was starting to build for that reason.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Politis and Khoury have a handshake agreement not to go after each others players. Roosters backed off Alamoti back when the hype around him was starting to build for that reason.
Gus is there to act as a personal influencer and power broker on our behalf as well.

Gus once said Politis should be running the NRLol awhile back so he has a high regard for him and they are tight. Hopefully that holds us in good stead and they target other clubs to pick the eyes out of and take their best hopes of re-building and not Our Bomber Burto :grinning:

Dogahol

Waterboy
Reaction score
Gus is there to act as a personal influencer and power broker on our behalf as well.

Gus once said Politis should be running the NRLol awhile back so he has a high regard for him and they are tight. Hopefully that holds us in good stead and they target other clubs to pick the eyes out of and take their best hopes of re-building and not Our Bomber Burto :grinning:
This handshake agreement predates Gould coming on board and before he was even mentioned. This was all John Khoury. But yes to Gus and his influence

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This handshake agreement predates Gould coming on board and before he was even mentioned. This was all John Khoury. But yes to Gus and his influence
Why I posted

Handshake started before Khoury tho didn't it? Dib was close with Nick.

Or maybe I'm thinkin' Bullfrog and Arthurson lol