Burton is overrated.

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely even the biggest Burton haters would admit he was very good today. He looks to have shaken off the rust of a disrupted preseason and was back to his running best..

He had 1 try, 141 metres, 5 tackle busts, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 1 offload, 11 tackles (most importantly 0 missed), 260 kicking metres..

He's developing a great connection with Mahoney back in behind the marker which is how he scored that try.
His first thought was run .... some of us had been crying out for him to do so.

Best game as a Bulldog in my view.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Surely even the biggest Burton haters would admit he was very good today. He looks to have shaken off the rust of a disrupted preseason and was back to his running best..

He had 1 try, 141 metres, 5 tackle busts, 1 line break, 1 line break assist, 1 offload, 11 tackles (most importantly 0 missed), 260 kicking metres..

He's developing a great connection with Mahoney back in behind the marker which is how he scored that try.
He had a good game. Needs to do it again next week.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If Burton can have that same good running game next week like he did today against a very weak defender in Shaun Johnson then its try time baby

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Dont hate him, just want to see more running like yesterday.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont hate him, just want to see more running like yesterday.
We all do man.. Reed there helps him get back to that. I still think he's massively underdone physically which is why he's been quiet the first two games. Hopefully as the season goes on he keeps being that aggressive as a runner because it opens up everything for him and the rest of the team..

daisy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let’s not get to carried away with Matty burton the good centre and pretend 5/8 we only played the tigers who wouldn’t beat our reserve grade side we will never win a comp with burton and Flanagan in the halves

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let’s not get to carried away with Matty burton the good centre and pretend 5/8 we only played the tigers who wouldn’t beat our reserve grade side we will never win a comp with burton and Flanagan in the halves
I hate when people say this. A running 5/8 is not a pretend 5/8 and strictly a centre. In the modern game the 5/8 with the right controlling halfback is predominantly a ball runner. Cody Walker, Dylan Brown etc

You know nothing about Rugby League.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we had a 7 with even a little bit of creativity and a couple of props to win the middle this team and most importantly Burton would flourish. I have no doubt the people in charge will be all over this. The path ahead is looking like the real thing this time. The next few years should give Doggies supporters something to cheer about.
I have confidence in the system.