Burton is overrated.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah but Burton is over rated. He will never improve as a half and should be playing centre. Oh yeah, Cameron Ciraldo isn't a coach either and and...
This win will hopefully deflate the negative Nancy's. Has been shameful reading the shit on the kennel the last week.
Far more positives than negatives in this game. Sure Melbourne were down on troops but so were we. Was a fantastic effort and shows what we can be capable of when we turn up. Still plenty to improve on but we are not the basket case that so many seemed to believe we were.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Because he doesn't do much lol. A lot for walking around in back play, passes well before the line, doesn't run enough, doesn't put players into holes. A lot of the criticism directed his way is absolutely fair but he did look improved tonight for about 50 minutes.
Bro 5 missed tackles

Might cut and run but he will prob end up scoring 100 next week

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah uce more like try involvements but Jake Avo had two try assist and should’ve been 3 (Flanno in touch)

To Flanno credit he came up with a massive 1-1 steal
Flanno played ok uce. Not much more he can do talent wise. Steal was awesome but that over the sideline effort was embarrassing and would have been a try with any other half. Just good to wake up after a win bro

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And Avo played well, his defence is my only concern at centre.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our centres looked like they trained all week on the draw and pass, to me, this was an area they improved quite significantly for this game.

Attack-wise, if that’s our blueprint, we should win more than we loose. Preston looks a starter, King is King, Kiraz is all effort, Alamoti/Hayze gaining confidence each week and Reed is a point of difference and good leader. If we can go back2back, nice stepping stone toward generating that belief

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Our centres looked like they trained all week on the draw and pass, to me, this was an area they improved quite significantly for this game.

Attack-wise, if that’s our blueprint, we should win more than we loose. Preston looks a starter, King is King, Kiraz is all effort, Alamoti/Hayze gaining confidence each week and Reed is a point of difference and good leader. If we can go back2back, nice stepping stone toward generating that belief
More like all pre season... CC would be proud of the execution on most of those plays though we are still rough around the edges but given time will become more clinical.

Still wish we had our starting front row... We would have hit 40+ last night if Thommo and TPJ played.

under_Dogz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flop receiving the ball in a "worse position."

View attachment 66280
Why the fuck he ran towards the sideline I’ll never know. I think he lacks basic natural footy instinct and will more often than not make a poor decision. I don’t think it matters whether he has or doesn’t have time to think.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton played much better then round 1.
Id say thats an improvement.
Cant ask for more then that.
Hopefully we see further improvement next week

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton is not a playmaker. I hope he can prove me wrong and start creating space for players around him. Really needs to start using Kikau in attack.
On this point, agree, look how much better Fifita is running off Foran…. Halves make a huge difference to edge runners. Hopefully Burton/Ciro unlock a combo with Kiks.