Opinion Burton does not deserve to be captain.

Brian Boru

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Guess we aren't winning anything unless Karl develops into one of the best halves in the game then.
How about just supporting a team that will in the second of the year have a team that can be there with the best.
Back the team, leave your bias in the back pocket and hope for the Bulldogs sake that you are wrong.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Noticed that Burton suddenly decided to run the ball because he didn't have the luxury of the Foxx on the wing. We might see more of his running game in the coming weeks since he's not trying to spread the ball as quickly as he can to the Foxx or kick.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
To be fair it was his first short kick of the game and it did not roll on at all, did you see the chunk of turf fox's boot stuck into. That's what caused the injurie. And on that can anyone tell me what the go with Accor stadium is turf looks soft as fuck has it been raining there all week? Sunday nights game looked very similar. Need to upgrade the drainage
Don't get me wrong, if they planned it, that's great (even if it didn't work) but Fox was clueless about it like everyone else in our jersey.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I never said he played well. Never said he can't improve. I've said he's inconsistent. I just don't see the need to blame him for everything when all of those things I listed were reasons for today's performance before worrying about Burton..

You and others want to blame him for everything.. Again, I don't know what Burton or any half is supposed to do when we don't have the ball for the whole 2nd half. It's hard to score points without the ball.
Are you trying to talk sense to the senseless?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
How about just supporting a team that will in the second of the year have a team that can be there with the best.
Back the team, leave your bias in the back pocket and hope for the Bulldogs sake that you are wrong.
I try, but when Burton dishes up shit like that it's very hard. You don't see me hammering Mahoney, he might be overplaying his hand at times and misses some tackles but he's having a real crack. I don't see that with Burton, I just see hopeless decision making and execution.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yep, it’s all burton’s fault we got torn a new one. Fmd there are some clowns here.
He turned a possible 2 try lead into a tied game, bombed a try, then gave a penalty which allowed Souths to take the lead. Wouldn’t say it was entirely his fault, but on a day when we needed everything to go our way, he almost single handedly gave momentum to the opposition. He had another absolute stinker.

Last edited:

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He turned a possible 2 try lead into a tied game, bombed a try, then gave a penalty which allowed Souths to take the lead. Wouldn’t say it was entirely his fault, but on a day when we needed everything yo yo our way, he almost single tenderly have momentum to the opposition. He had another absolute stinker.
And I suppose Flanagan was a faultless superstar like always?

I also suppose Burton wasn't trying to change momentum when he broke through to set up Perham or got the intercept to score minutes later? Or was that someone else?

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Burton post game did not have his game face on.
He was smiling and laughing still patting himself on the back from previous weeks field goal.
Needs to mature super quick.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You still suck harder than Burton ever can, baby :p
Incorrect response charged by emotion. I’ve never played a game as bad as Burton’s game today (or in round 1).

Reed is a protected species around here, but he was awful last week and his lack of running threat is a big part of our problem. We’d have been much better off with JMK.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He turned a possible 2 try lead into a tied game, bombed a try, then gave a penalty which allowed Souths to take the lead. Wouldn’t say it was entirely his fault, but on a day when we needed everything yo yo our way, he almost single tenderly have momentum to the opposition. He had another absolute stinker.
Flanagun is the worst 7 ever to play nrl

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Incorrect response charged by emotion. I’ve never played a game as bad as Burton’s game today (or in round 1).

Reed is a protected species around here, but he was awful last week and his lack of running threat is a big part of our problem. We’d have been much better off with JMK.
lol you can't run if you don't win the ruck. We don't play a power game through the middle because our forwards are light. Therefore we look to shift the ball and move teams around.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And I suppose Flanagan was a faultless superstar like always?

I also suppose Burton wasn't trying to change momentum when he broke through to set up Perham or got the intercept to score minutes later? Or was that someone else?
Lol
He broke through because of an obstruction and took an intercept…. Both after the game was well and truly dusted. Nowhere near enough to erase the horror show he produced today.

And chill out, I never said the ‘gun was a superstar.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wow the sky has fallen in. Looking forward to hearing from everyone after we win next week. This place is hilarious .

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
lol you can't run if you don't win the ruck. We don't play a power game through the middle because our forwards are light. Therefore we look to shift the ball and move teams around.
Reed was pretty much a non event as a running player at Parra and they have good forwards. JMZk still cut teams up at times last year when our pack was getting schooled.