Rumour Burton Could Walk Out On Dogs

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lmao his contracted for 2023 and player option for 2024. The Bulldogs have 10 players of contract in 2024. Burton will get upgraded November 1 for 2024 around $800k a season
Im glad you have never gotten anything right because if it was anyone else saying this, i would fucking flip out :tearsofjoy:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is my fav player in the team atm. But I also get the feeling he isn’t used to the losing feeling and could potentially leave. But in saying that we have him till 2023 and 2024 our cap is way open so I doubt the club will just let him walk. They’ll offer a big $ account as not many great 6s going around who are available.
I honestly dont like our chances of keeping Burton.....we would have to sign a big name player like Monster and get a get a new coach for him having any chance of staying,...people can say that if he doesn't want to stay just fuk off...the point is we can't afford to lose players like him...especially talented players who play in the halves and the club could build around...

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Burton will be to.
Munster is a yobbo.
Not really a leader.
Keary,
He ain't doing much leading at the roosters.
What makes you think he will at the dogs.
My comment isn't dumb
Based on facts.
You can't hide from history.

Keary,
What's he doing right now at the roosters?

Munster a leader?
He leads by his actions on the field in a star studded team.
Not much setting of example and leading off it with his crap he does.
The guy is a mug.
I'd honestly rather keep Burton than pay overs for either of those 2 guys.
Who cares if he is a mug? Did u see the interview after the game of munster taking full responsibility and saying the hard truths about how shit Melbourne were? That is exactly what we need in a player. A player who doesn’t make excuses and mediocrity. Burton on the otherhand, daylights of him speaking like munster does.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has played one good game for us. He is overpaid at 550k now for how he has played. Now we keep hearing how we have to extend him and pay him even more money to just keep him here. Its seems fishy and something we should avoid. An overpay would be paying burton 700k for some extended years for someone who has played 1/10 good games at 6. If we want to get back to the top like other clubs, this isn’t the solution.
Ye what fukin bullshit spin that he is underpaid and would be getting 40% more at another club....is this fukin idiot for real? Didn't Burton agree to the contract? He is getting paid what he derserves at the moment. Yes he hasn't play well but tell me who has in the team? Its to do with having a shit coach and shit players

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Making more shit up as usual. Burton is playing in the position he wants to play.
He is part of the current team, so it lies with him also. I’m sure he will want to be part of the uprising in the next couple of seasons.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
FFS I just told you a couple of days ago when the first bullshit article came out.

It's completely false and talk quietly commenced last Monday.

I love how the majority of you bag the media then deep throat them and believe the crap they spew...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's plain to see how a talented 7 can transform a team. We need to follow Brisbane and the Cowboys.
What 7 though? There's no one available so we need to be targeting the next best options like Keary and Munster so we can at least develop a young half alongside them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
FFS I just told you a couple of days ago when the first bullshit article came out.

It's completely false and talk quietly commenced last Monday.

I love how the majority of you bag the media then deep throat them and believe the crap they spew...
There shouldn't even be talks. If he wants an upgrade he can fuck off.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
I’d invest in burton for sure. Give him an upgrade and sort it asap he is a long term prospect and will continue to get better. Get rid of the shit including the coach and bring in more quality around him. Start recruiting properly at junior level and bring through the next generation

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure too a number on here have already started turning on him as well Wendy...the extra sad err people(edited) lol
People with no hope gonna lash out.

We come here to TK to vent.

We all have to be understanding of the hurt and disillusionment bc we all love the club and want back our hard fought for Dogs of War glory days and Entertainers crown.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Talks started because he doesn't want to leave. His manager is doing manager things
At the end of the day, the blokes a star. Still extremely young, and I believe will be a future legend of the game. Just needs some quality around him. He’s the best we’ve had in a long time. Big body, rarely gets injured. I’m praying the missing ingredient is Mahoney