Burton and Averillo are the best halves for dogs 2022 onward

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent Barrett seems to think Flanno is the dogs version of Nathan Cleary but he lacks the skill, execution in any area of a halfbacks game.

His kicking game is very simply an almost chip to the fullback/win on the 5th.

He practically refuses to engage the defence to improve his passing game.

Averillo against the Storm had a sublime kicking game when playing as dominant half and the dogs enjoyed their best momentum all year for about 15 minutes and is a noted ball runner while Flanno let that down with a kick caught in goal for a 7 tackle set when he wasn't really under pressure.

Hopefully people don't see it as a disrespect post Flanno has just been bugging me so far this year. Hopefully Barrett has him come good to the benefit of the team.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Trent Barrett seems to think Flanno is the dogs version of Nathan Cleary but he lacks the skill, execution in any area of a halfbacks game.

His kicking game is very simply an almost chip to the fullback/win on the 5th.

He practically refuses to engage the defence to improve his passing game.

Averillo against the Storm had a sublime kicking game when playing as dominant half and the dogs enjoyed their best momentum all year for about 15 minutes and is a noted ball runner while Flanno let that down with a kick caught in goal for a 7 tackle set when he wasn't really under pressure.

Hopefully people don't see it as a disrespect post Flanno has just been bugging me so far this year. Hopefully Barrett has him come good to the benefit of the team.
The 15minutes was Thompson and thats it

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The 15minutes was Thompson and thats it
He was so good. Still the halfback should be first to take advantage but Averillo seemed to have the intent and execution over Flanno.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Flanno was poor tonight but Avo was only good for about 20 minutes. Unless there is improvement i am not sure if either are the answer

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put avo at 7, looks great when first receiver or takes charge, shit happens, he is brilliant the x factor we need, 100% must be avo at 7 and Burton at 6 next year

Oldpanther

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno was poor tonight but Avo was only good for about 20 minutes. Unless there is improvement i am not sure if either are the answer
Halves need their forwards to perform. I would've expected Flanno to step up when Thompson won you momentum but it didn't happen but Averillo went at it with purpose.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree.

If Averillo can play like this consistently, and Flanagan doesn’t improve, Burton and Averillo will be the way forward.
He played good for 20mins of an 80min game. Let back to back tries. Kafusi try was really poor defensive decision. Kicked it out on full.

Yes he had some really good moments and I'm not saying he doesn't have the potential. BUT we are 4 games in to the season and after the first 2 people were calling for Avos head.

As good as he can be in attack, defence needs ALOT of work. He isn't comfortable in the front line,.doesn't seem like a very vocal player either which comes with confidence I guess.

I wouldn't be thinking of 2022 halves this early

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Halves need their forwards to perform. I would've expected Flanno to step up when Thompson won you momentum but it didn't happen but Averillo went at it with purpose.
I agree to a point bro. IMO, at this stage in his career Averillo is a good 14. He is very inconsistent. In his good 20 minutes, Avo played much better then Flanno, but Avo also had some really poor moments. Flanno was disgraceful tonight in all areas of his game

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can’t really argue at the moment. All the Avo haters Will though. He’s got a lot of talent this fella. Give him time

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think I was the only dogs supporter on this forum who was against the Flanagan signing.

And one of the rare ones to keep faith in jake in 1st grade.

Jake is still learning and today was much better
Excuse me! I hated the **** before we signed him and got angry when we signed him.

Him and crapa can fuck right off to Bondi and their chai lattes and the pedicures

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The days of an organising half back is long gone and thats all Flanno is. He is not the mould of what a halfback is with the new rules in place.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The days of an organising half back is long gone and thats all Flanno is. He is not the mould of what a halfback is with the new rules in place.
and yet, organisational abilities is Adam Reynolds best attribute and Milford's lack of said abilities will see him moved on from the Broncos