Bulldogs Wrestling Tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Before I go on I just want to say that personally I hate wrestling in the game and think it has massively fcked up league.

That being said :tongue1: I was watching The Back Page on Foxsports News (Channel 513: It's on all the time you know lol) and they mentioned that we hired a new wrestling coach?

I would have thought we already had one. Anyway they got some vision and were discussing how it's Haslers intention to slow down the ruck as much as we can to try and halt the Bunnies momentum.

I hope this doesn't backfire on us and we start giving away ruck penalties. Could be an ugly game again.

Here is a snippet of the segment

Paul Kent also made an interesting point which isn't in that vid. He pointed out that there was a massive difference between the 2 times that we played Manly during the season. Saying that the first time the game was played at a frantic pace, and for the second we managed to slow it down and make it a grind.

As the boys on the panel said, I reckon Dasler will be furious that that vision came out. The refs will probably pay more attention to our wrestling >.<

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
Media will be banned and one or two may be tracked down and sacrificed ... Des don't like snitches.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fu*)kin bastards now the refs have another thing to pin us for. I can gurantee you this game will be decided by the refs

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
As fuct as it is, wrestling is part of the game whether you like it or not. It's either learn to wrestle, or be dominated. (Pun possibly intended maybe, perhaps)

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Every NRL team has a wrestling coach.

The media are trying to influence the reffs...

The same way Taylor and Toovey had a whinge about our decoy runners, which influenced the reffs and the Barba try not being awarded.

This week, its wrestling and slowing down the play the ball...

The reffs read and watch the media and will be influenced.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I smell a smoke screen, as if Desmond would practice wrestling tactics knowing there were cameras around

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I smell a smoke screen, as if Desmond would practice wrestling tactics knowing there were cameras around
Did you watch the vid? He was an unwelcome cameraman. And that's a pretty elaborate smoke screen lol

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You're a pretty elaborate smokescreen.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Did you watch the vid? He was an unwelcome cameraman. And that's a pretty elaborate smoke screen lol
True, but we are talking about the master of mind games.

Whatever Desmond's plans were, I'm pretty sure we wont be using that technique now our friends in the media have leaked that footage, staged or not.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Is wrestling even against the rules? I know holding them down too long is, but I doubt the refs know what to look for to penalise wrestling...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is wrestling even against the rules? I know holding them down too long is, but I doubt the refs know what to look for to penalise wrestling...
Im pretty sure the refs are shown what to look for. Chicken wings, rolling pins, crushers etc

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like KFC all of a sudden?

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
As fuct as it is, wrestling is part of the game whether you like it or not. It's either learn to wrestle, or be dominated. (Pun possibly intended maybe, perhaps)
I did take note in our last game against Manly that there was a real attempt on each tackle to get the Manly player onto his back to complete the tackle, especially their bigger forwards.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I did take note in our last game against Manly that there was a real attempt on each tackle to get the Manly player onto his back to complete the tackle, especially their bigger forwards.
Spot on! Anyone who has played any level of League would know thats one of the first things you learn, get em on their back

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
The storm started the wrestling when Dean Lance was one of their coaching staff .

Fact is , in the 10metre rule game quick play the balls can kill a defending side .
If you watched last weeks game Souffs and Gayders ; the poor old Gayders didnt know what hit them . Look every team is getting pinged for slowing down the ruck but we cop it the worst

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When they boys warm up. The forwards pair up and tackle each other. They tackle the other ball and all and roll them on there back. It's not rocket science, put them on there back and it slows down the play the balll which effectively takes Luke out of the game. Don't worry about the refs, the first 20 our boys will come out breathing fire. If we can be up 12-0 after that period we'll get in the grind, then it's goodnite Souths. Have a really good feeling about this game, get the sense that Saturday night is Gunna be special and go down as one of our greatest semis. Just want Saturday night already!!

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Spot on! Anyone who has played any level of League would know thats one of the first things you learn, get em on their back
Never got tought that as a kid. It's only really been in the NRL last 8 years or so. So they prob only started teaching kids this recently.

Back in my day it was tackle around the hips and slide down to their legs to bring them down.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so hasler is actually not going to wrestle in the tackle and allow them quick play the ball so they are surprised and hopefully drop the ball?

it could work

Status
Not open for further replies.