Other News Source LICHAA Rumours consolidated thread

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lichaa’s 2018 stats:

20 games, 734 tackles, 36.7 average tackles per game, 94.4% tackle efficiency
7 try assists, 1 try, 6 Line break assists, 7 offloads, 963 Total running metres

So not outstanding results but IMO first-grade standard. He has consistently shown he can’t hit a bull elephant at 10 paces passing left to right but he can hit a grizzly bear passing right to left. Though you can't knock his defensive capabilities.
I am not a fan of his current passing game BUT it's not his fault, we should never forget how the Hitler Hasler decided to play him as a sole hooker for his first first grade season averaging 44 tackles a game at a young age after letting Ennis go and refusing to have Cook on the bench, as a result he smashed both his shoulders.
I will never forget the day the former Brisbane then the Melbourne recruitment officer in Sydney walked into my work place and said to me you've got him I said got who, he replied Lichaa...16 clubs were after him and Bellamy saw him as a future replacement for Smith !
BUT I will say this, If he can't fix the problem...The team can not and should not suffer the consequences !!!

Malla

Reaction score
I am not a fan of his current passing game BUT it's not his fault, we should never forget how the Hitler Hasler decided to play him as a sole hooker for his first first grade season averaging 44 tackles a game at a young age after letting Ennis go and refusing to have Cook on the bench, as a result he smashed both his shoulders.
I will never forget the day the former Brisbane then the Melbourne recruitment officer in Sydney walked into my work place and said to me you've got him I said got who, he replied Lichaa...16 clubs were after him and Bellamy saw him as a future replacement for Smith !
BUT I will say this, If he can't fix the problem...The team can not and should not suffer the consequences !!!
Imagine Bellamy got his hands on him? He would have been 5 times the player he is today. Lichaa did not develop or improve under Hasler, like so many other players. Not his fault, but at the same time, he's dropped off a lot in his fitness. He came to the club extremely fit, now he has a bucket ass. Nonetheless, looks like he's getting lucky again with Nu Brown injury. We should still part ways with him... it's best for us and best for him. I reckon a change of club will do him wonders.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine Bellamy got his hands on him? He would have been 5 times the player he is today. Lichaa did not develop or improve under Hasler, like so many other players. Not his fault, but at the same time, he's dropped off a lot in his fitness. He came to the club extremely fit, now he has a bucket ass. Nonetheless, looks like he's getting lucky again with Nu Brown injury. We should still part ways with him... it's best for us and best for him. I reckon a change of club will do him wonders.
He’s lost some weight this off season it appears

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like he will be a good back up for JMK.. Maybe a huge stint in the lower grades will bring back the Liachaa that played for the fishes

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Lichaas problem is like trying to start a fire in the woods after a flash flood. Every now and then you get a spark, but it's mostly smoke and no action.

He was good coming through the grades, but couldn't keep up the pace in first grade (even at Sharks). He looked better at the Dogs than the Sharks, that's the scary thing.

I'd say we'll play JMK starting hooker with Lichaa off the bench and see if that works. Then as the season goes on figure out what we do in the future. Gray is a while off, Cogger *maybe* if his defence is up to scratch (play hooker as a third running half).

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Problem is there's no one great off contract in 2019. I don't watch enough of lower grades of other clubs to know if there's someone good looking for a chance, otherwise super league like what the Raiders did with Hodgson. Should have tried harder to hold onto Woolford.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Problem is there's no one great off contract in 2019. I don't watch enough of lower grades of other clubs to know if there's someone good looking for a chance, otherwise super league like what the Raiders did with Hodgson. Should have tried harder to hold onto Woolford.
Panthers - Wayde Egan stuck behind Sione Katoa.

That's one that comes to mind without trying.

Club should have kept Joey Tramontana... sure he was a loose unit (like the lovechild of Joel Romelo and Arana Taumata), but he was electric from dummy half.

I could potentially see young Brock Hammill shifting to dummy half in the future as he comes through the grades, but he is a while off.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Panthers - Wayde Egan stuck behind Sione Katoa.

That's one that comes to mind without trying.

Club should have kept Joey Tramontana... sure he was a loose unit (like the lovechild of Joel Romelo and Arana Taumata), but he was electric from dummy half.

I could potentially see young Brock Hammill shifting to dummy half in the future as he comes through the grades, but he is a while off.
Tramontana can't even keep a consistant spot in the Blacktown cup side. He's not an answer.

Let's hope Ryan Gray can develop further. Has all the credentials you'd want from a junior coming through.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I still think we are a chance of seeing Segeyaro here if Lichaa fucks off before start of season.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Robson from the Dragons is a young hooker stuck behind McInnes and potentially Hunt now if he shifts to dummy half. Very talented young kid.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why do people insist on blaming Hasler for Lichaa? How many players have thrived under Des? played Origin and represent their countries? Been to and won grand finals? Des is gone now and Lichaa is still dishing up the same shit... Maybe it just wasn't meant to be?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do people insist on blaming Hasler for Lichaa? How many players have thrived under Des? played Origin and represent their countries? Been to and won grand finals? Des is gone now and Lichaa is still dishing up the same shit... Maybe it just wasn't meant to be?
I blame Des because as a junior coming through Liccha had a great running game. To play first grade under Des, Liccha was told to stop running and start making 40 tackles a game and dish the ball out.
He's played 3 years under Des and now 1 under Pay. I realise I'm in the minority on here, but I hope in Liccha's second year under Pay he ups his running game and has a breakout year.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I blame Des because as a junior coming through Liccha had a great running game. To play first grade under Des, Liccha was told to stop running and start making 40 tackles a game and dish the ball out.
He's played 3 years under Des and now 1 under Pay. I realise I'm in the minority on here, but I hope in Liccha's second year under Pay he ups his running game and has a breakout year.
He had an opportunity to play his natural game in 2018 but played exactly like he has been since 2015

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Theres no excuse in the world for poor service from dummy half in FG. People blaming Des are delusional, if anything his passing should be crisper than ever because if all he was expected to do was pass and tackle then they should be the strongest aspects of your game. Especially if it was over a 3yr period. If anythin his running game should have suffered post Des because he wasnt given the option to use it. If Pay hasnt told him that the service needs to improve then what is he doing in FG if the punters can all see it. If he has been told and hasnt improved, safe to say 2019 will be the last year he is with the club. As negative as that all sounds, Lichaa is a more than capable defender and he tries hard week in week out, if the passing was to standard than he would probably already be offered an extension

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Theres no excuse in the world for poor service from dummy half in FG. People blaming Des are delusional, if anything his passing should be crisper than ever because if all he was expected to do was pass and tackle then they should be the strongest aspects of your game. Especially if it was over a 3yr period. If anythin his running game should have suffered post Des because he wasnt given the option to use it. If Pay hasnt told him that the service needs to improve then what is he doing in FG if the punters can all see it. If he has been told and hasnt improved, safe to say 2019 will be the last year he is with the club. As negative as that all sounds, Lichaa is a more than capable defender and he tries hard week in week out, if the passing was to standard than he would probably already be offered an extension

Thank You.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
He had an opportunity to play his natural game in 2018 but played exactly like he has been since 2015
Agreed, 100%. Most of the players did till late in the season though. It takes time to change habits, I'm hoping Liccha can show more in 2019.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Im a big dani levi fan shits on lichha
With them signing Mann and Levi being available, it makes little sense why we wouldn't be interested.

It's almost as if Pay abides by following Haslers recruitment strategy of loading up on props and second rowers and refusing to sign a hooker to replace Lichaa. JMK cannot be relied on as a starting hooker surely?

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Having 35 Different Halves in 3 years wouldnt help the situation.

But not being able to pass off the ground both ways is not a Coaches fault. The boring play is the Coaches fault, hopefully this year our halves stay fot 100% of the time.