Other News Source LICHAA Rumours consolidated thread

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Brandon Smith has said he's happy to bide his time in Melbourne. He's getting a run with the first grade side anyway (he played 20 games) so I doubt he'll be desperate to get away.

IDK what the solution is but right at the moment it doesn't seem there's alot of great options out there.
Yh but did he say this before or after Smith decided he was going to play another 2 years?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I forgot all about Levi. I'd be all for at least giving him a shot over JMK.

Lichaa is fucked. Carved for 3-4 games all for nothing. I had high hopes for him this year. He's cooked here.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yh but did he say this before or after Smith decided he was going to play another 2 years?
I just looked for the article and it was mid year. He did say that he knows it might be 2 or 3 years before he gets the opportunity full time.

No disrespect but let's be honest, would he rather learn from Smith and be coached by Bellamy or work under Pay, I know what my answer would be.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just looked for the article and it was mid year. He did say that he knows it might be 2 or 3 years before he gets the opportunity full time.

No disrespect but let's be honest, would he rather learn from Smith and be coached by Bellamy or work under Pay, I know what my answer would be.
Work under Pay?

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Levi over Seg. I rate Levi. Would be an absolute gun if he gets away from Nathan Brown and his shit coaching
Agreed mate. The only reason the knights are doing anything is because they are buying anyone that has made a name for themselves. Take the money away and the would be fucked, has nothing to do with Brown, the little shit has no clue about coaching that why no other club would touch him.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think JMK is going to fire this year.

New Skills coach and he showed some talent plus has a bit of toe in him.

I hope so... He was more miss than hit this year but he was moved around a lot which is not ideal for a guy with minimal FG experience.... can't do any worse than Lichaa anyway

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Liccha was such a promising junior, can't help but think that Des coached that out of him. Would love to see him regain his running game, pick the right times to run and prove the kennel wrong...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Liccha was such a promising junior, can't help but think that Des coached that out of him. Would love to see him regain his running game, pick the right times to run and prove the kennel wrong...
we can't blame Des for everything, there are areas of Lichaa's game that lack which he has had plenty of time to work on... maybe it wasn't meant to be

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched him play as a junior. He was exactly the same. Slow and no attacking game. Des liked him because of his work rate. He works very hard in defence and keeps the middle tight. He just can’t attack or kick and in juniors the expectations aren’t as great as FG, which made him a good prospect at Junior level.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I watched him play as a junior. He was exactly the same. Slow and no attacking game. Des liked him because of his work rate. He works very hard in defence and keeps the middle tight. He just can’t attack or kick and in juniors the expectations aren’t as great as FG, which made him a good prospect at Junior level.
As a jr he was regarded one of the best attacking hookers. His running game was dominate in that grade.

Certainly didn’t carry to first grade for whatever reasons.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He always looks petrified he's going to fuck up. Except for the 3 games at end of '17 of course, when he had to play for a contract.

Its similar to the look Ben Hunt has when Widdop is injured...

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As a jr he was regarded one of the best attacking hookers. His running game was dominate in that grade.

Certainly didn’t carry to first grade for whatever reasons.
I recall everyone saying the same thing regarding his attack, I however never agreed with it. It was an exact replica of what he has dished up for us since he's been here.