Bulldogs vs Tiger, Post-match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YOUNGY

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
we didnt deserve to win end of story.

we deserve to keep losing until they drastically improve
tigers were as awful as us at times and to say they deserved the win more than us because we are out of form is laughable.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
tigers were as awful as us at times and to say they deserved the win more than us because we are out of form is laughable.
I dont care how badly the Tigers played. The fact that we managed to **** up so badly and let them win means we deserved to lose!

Out of form is an understatement. This team is an absolute joke and an embarassment to anyone who has been proud to wear the blue and white. They are an absolute disgrace

I havent been more disappointed in my team. There is no excuse for the crap we pull out every week! 05 and 08 we had an excuse for our predicament and actually tried our hearts out. This team has top quality players that are underperforming and playing like ****.

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
I dont care how badly the Tigers played. The fact that we managed to **** up so badly and let them win means we deserved to lose!

Out of form is an understatement. This team is an absolute joke and an embarassment to anyone who has been proud to wear the blue and white. They are an absolute disgrace

I havent been more disappointed in my team. There is no excuse for the crap we pull out every week! 05 and 08 we had an excuse for our predicament and actually tried our hearts out. This team has top quality players that are underperforming and playing like ****.
Why would the players care? The Bulldogs have become a $$ charity case.

And a coach who has no clue.

Double whammy for a once proud club.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would the players care? The Bulldogs have become a $$ charity case.

And a coach who has no clue.

Double whammy for a once proud club.
Our current players? they dont care and that is the biggest part of the problem.

There is no pride in our jersey anymore

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score
Our current players? they dont care and that is the biggest part of the problem.

There is no pride in our jersey anymore
What do you expect, when the Club wants to buy anyone and everyone, and is prepared to pay 10times their worth? FFS they were prepared to pay Hodgkinson, a 9-game "veteran" $800K!!!!!!

There's no pride and passion left in the jersey with this mentality. Very Roosters-like. A Club where players come to fill their bank accounts.

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you expect, when the Club wants to buy anyone and everyone, and is prepared to pay 10times their worth? FFS they were prepared to pay Hodgkinson, a 9-game "veteran" $800K!!!!!!

There's no pride and passion left in the jersey with this mentality. Very Roosters-like. A Club where players come to fill their bank accounts.
Completely agree with you.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No pride? Find me a player who enjoys losing. Just one nrl player. Any team. ffs even players on a losing team take pride in the jersey. I for one will never question the commitment. Things are not going our way & confidence is down. But commitment is there.

How many bandages do you wan bk to put around his head?

BulldogStar

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No pride? Find me a player who enjoys losing. Just one nrl player. Any team. ffs even players on a losing team take pride in the jersey. I for one will never question the commitment. Things are not going our way & confidence is down. But commitment is there.

There is a difference between not wanting to lose and having pride and love and committment to the club

F R 3 D 5 7 A

√ [ό] √
Reaction score

Where was the intensity and determination in the last 15 mins? Ennis ran quicker to restart then he did to stop the field goal. And what about BK's field goal attempt, where were the chasers? That tigers player could have signed autographs behind the post, had a beer and hot dog, and still would have had time to get the ball out of the in-goal.

And about BK, LOL why couldn't the trainer bandage his eyes as well??

He has no clue with vision, maybe without vision he may strike some luck.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
the thing is that moore hasnt put pressure on the players to perform...

you play **** this week dont worry you still be playing next week in the starting line up...

Our players are playing as if there is no pressure placed on them

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh yes my fault. Forgot we have experts on this forum. There is a reason why we are on this forum you know. If we were experts we would be coaching.

And yes pride in the jersey & hating to lose may be seperate but are closely linked.

Helena_K

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Round 13 Post Match Discussion

first half
morris doesnt pass to an unmarked goodwin and blows a try

patten goes for a miracle gather which he fumbles leading to a tigers try

idris decides to chase an ingoal kick after strolling the first 20 metres thinking the ball will go dead, after realising it may stay in he sprints in and misses by an inch on a try

ennis kick stays ingoal a lack of chase and desperation in tackles allows the tigers to break a few tackles and avoid being trapped in goal

2nd half
farrah scores easily from dummy half due to a lack of desperation and awareness from our markers
werent the team warned or showed footage during the week of farrahs favourite play close to the line

incorrect forward pass call is not even questioned by our players we cop it sweet like we dont care our season could be ended due to the call

lui collects the ball 13 metres out no pressure from bulldogs and he kicks a field goal

kimmorleys field goal attempt misses but doesnt go dead but a lack of kick chase allows the tigers to bring the ball out from ingoal

kimmorley runs it and is tackled on last tackle with 8 minutes to go doesnt even try to offload or at least kick it in desperation

advice needed to players there is much more to add
ennis = no more kicks on 3rd or 4th as possession is crucial we are struggling to make metres as it is so why kick the ball to opposition so regularly

more direct running from dummy half is needed

bk = concentrate more on attack and do less defence unless completely necessary
we do rely on you heavily to set up tries concentrate on that

bk and green = take the line on your sideways movement is slow and predictable so run straight and play direct and put pressure on the opposition

gordon and warburton = fire up run hard or be dropped

goodwin = you inherited hazems goal kicking role not his pace

all players = support the ball carrier and chase every kick like it will not go dead or that their may be a possibility of an opposition fumble

moore = threaten the players with the axe dont come up with excuses the effort has been very poor from the team

the season is over let the players experiment and take some risks with the ball

play barba at least on the bench every week he will not improve in reserves

blue_whitepride

New Pup
Reaction score
first half

idris decides to chase an ingoal kick after strolling the first 20 metres thinking the ball will go dead, after realising it may stay in he sprints in and misses by an inch on a try

ennis kick stays ingoal a lack of chase and desperation in tackles allows the tigers to break a few tackles and avoid being trapped in goal

2nd half
farrah scores easily from dummy half due to a lack of desperation and awareness from our markers
werent the team warned or showed footage during the week of farrahs favourite play close to the line

incorrect forward pass call is not even questioned by our players we cop it sweet like we dont care our season could be ended due to the call

lui collects the ball 13 metres out no pressure from bulldogs and he kicks a field goal

kimmorleys field goal attempt misses but doesnt go dead but a lack of kick chase allows the tigers to bring the ball out from ingoal

kimmorley runs it and is tackled on last tackle with 8 minutes to go doesnt even try to offload or at least kick it in desperation

ennis = no more kicks on 3rd or 4th as possession is crucial we are struggling to make metres as it is so why kick the ball to opposition so regularly

bk and green = take the line on your sideways movement is slow and predictable so run straight and play direct and put pressure on the opposition

all players = support the ball carrier and chase every kick like it will not go dead or that their may be a possibility of an opposition fumble

moore = threaten the players with the axe dont come up with excuses the effort has been very poor from the team

Completely agree with you... I lol'ed at the bold bit... though it's true..
I think taking risks is the way to go and look to 2011, start recruiting properly...
I honestly think we recruited with our eyes closed this year... we lost someone as creative as eastwood and bought, paea who is on and off and only has some impact off the bench, and broken Halatau.
The other thing is , it's time to blood juniors... to think that we were the club that had the likes of thurston, sbw , asotasi and mason in our junior grades.
Kevin moore needs to get over his love for players like warburton and hickey, that can't really perform..
Overall, it's time to look at 2011.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
the thing is that moore hasnt put pressure on the players to perform...

you play **** this week dont worry you still be playing next week in the starting line up...

Our players are playing as if there is no pressure placed on them
exactly, Moore wont wield the axe where its due. Even if it is for a few weeks to let it be known a spot in FG isnt guaranteed because of your name, its earnt because of your form. The only player he has dropped is our leading try scorer. Go figure?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have noone to blame but oursleves.

Good teams overcome any poor refereeing decisions and win anyway
Exactly. Funny how good teams get the bounce of the ball and the 50/50 calls. Maybe it's because they are good. Poor teams get poor results. I'm not convinced that, if the controversial forward pass had been allowed, we wouldn't have dropped the next pass anyway.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

BK should not be making all the tackles. He should have forwards to protect him so he can do what he's paid to do. He is carrying this pack of loafers at the expense of his attacking game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
A very good summation of the game. Unbelievable that a Bulldogs side could be guilty of such basic errors when we have such a strong team on paper.

I have no faith in players or coach to win another game this year. I have never said this before, in over 50 years of supporting them.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A very good summation of the game. Unbelievable that a Bulldogs side could be guilty of such basic errors when we have such a strong team on paper.

I have no faith in players or coach to win another game this year. I have never said this before, in over 50 years of supporting them.
C'mon, were not that far off a win !

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
first half

2nd half

agreed with all that you said

Status
Not open for further replies.