Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If we want to see the best out of JAC with some ball then i think Skelton could possibly be that guy but its just bad timing right now. I really don’t think Burns defensively can keep up with the game that well enough and thats just mainly due to all the shit tons of injuries he has had on his legs throughout his career so he kinda isn’t a preferred option either. This has been said multiple times already but they are putting Alamoti on that side to help with his defensive issues (to which showed in the Sharks first try) with some known experience edge defenders in JAC and Kikau. Remember, we are a rebuilding team so stuff with these young raw players just has to be done firstly so it works better long term. It’s frustrating but its just what has to be done
Burns has the best hands out of any CTW we have. For all his defensive issues, Burns is easily the best foil for Fox to get him unselfish clean ball

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You're underplaying how important missed tackles one on one are in our 20
He made 15 tackles and missed two. The Wilton one and the Iro one. The Iro miss was one that can be called out as a terrible effort because that's exactly what it was, the other one is not. He still could've made a better decision but that doesn't mean he's he only bloke that gets the criticised. I can guarantee Ciraldo will be highlighting the blokes on the inside that failed to do their job far more than an Jake in a lot of these tries.

You need to go back and watch these tries and just see how much time and space we give the Cronulla playmakers and how isolated we leave our edge defenders. The Shark edges are EXPECTED to score with those opportunities and if they didn't it would be down to insane defence or them fucking up. If we had created the same opportunities then I'd be expecting the likes of Averillo, Kikau, Fox, Alamoti to be scoring too.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He made 15 tackles and missed two. The Wilton one and the Iro one. The Iro miss was one that can be called out as a terrible effort because that's exactly what it was, the other one is not. He still could've made a better decision but that doesn't mean he's he only bloke that gets the criticised. I can guarantee Ciraldo will be highlighting the blokes on the inside that failed to do their job far more than an Jake in a lot of these tries.

You need to go back and watch these tries and just see how much time and space we give the Cronulla playmakers and how isolated we leave our edge defenders. The Shark edges are EXPECTED to score with those opportunities and if they didn't it would be down to insane defence or them fucking up. If we had created the same opportunities then I'd be expecting the likes of Averillo, Kikau, Fox, Alamoti to be scoring too.
We cant afford to have Avo at centre, smart opponents like DCE and Grant will stretch our defence and get him one on one again and again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We cant afford to have Avo at centre, smart opponents like DCE and Grant will stretch our defence and get him one on one again and again
I give up. I do not understand how you can't comprehend this. We've leaked points for years down our edge regardless who has played there and it has far more to do with what's happening on the inside rather than our edge defenders on an individual level.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I give up. I do not understand how you can't comprehend this. We've leaked points for years down our edge regardless who has played there and it has far more to do with what's happening on the inside rather than our edge defenders on an individual level.
Lol, lets agree to disagree then

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If this game was a true reflection of our teams ability, we might not win until we vs Dragons in round 9... imagine that haha...

Hopefully we can break the Belmore hoodoo in round 3 against the Tigers though.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If this game was a true reflection of our teams ability, we might not win until we vs Dragons in round 9... imagine that haha...

Hopefully we can break the Belmore hoodoo in round 3 against the Tigers though.
Everything seemed to go south for us after the Avo no try. Don't worry Critta im not bagging him for that either, that was sensational play from their fullback

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wish everyone would calm the fuck down. It was a trial. I get we were at full strength for a large portion of the game, but a few things didn't go our way and momentum swung. Let's not forget sharks are a top 4 side. If you look at our completion rate how is anyone surprised by this result? A lot of new players will take time to form combinations. Chopping and changing just erodes confidence we have seen it before. I still stick to my prediction of us finishing 8 to 10

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Everything seemed to go south for us after the Avo no try. Don't worry Critta im not bagging him for that either, that was sensational play from their fullback
Na I'm actually concerned by that, like how the hell did he get run down lol.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
im pretty sure he was playing 5'8 along side cherry evans in the prime ministers aus team.. so i will take that as 4burton hynes 0
Just to confirm you'd rather have Burton than Hynes? I must be watching a different game.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
This sounds very dumb and full of excuses but anyway. All our sides lost this weekend apart from the Tarsha Womens Cup. We have an awful record at Belmore Sports Ground, reliable rumours saying players ended up dehydrated and by the sounds of it exhausted over the last couple of days of some hard trainings to which one was only yesterday and looked to be the worst training session of the lot. We weren’t good but it obviously wasn’t meant to be. I will start to worry if we looked even worse or the same against Manly when losses actually matter.
I thought teams generally only have a "Captains" run the day before a game. Flogging the players is reserved for mid pre season or a couple of days after a loss after recovery. If our main excuse for today's performance is that the players were flat after training to the point of dehydration on Saturday then Ciraldo achieved nothing out of the trial. There needs to be an investigation into this.
I'm sure the drunk at Telecrap, being a Sharks tragic will completely ignore this if true. He'd rather blow up the Sharks tyres than offer any excuse for the Dogs.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
so how many rep jerseys for hynes? im still waiting you can even throw in his halfback abilities.. i never doubted the dude and we shouldve purchased both tbh but im still waiting to see how many rep jerseys hes worn? cant mention the dally m as burton got one of those as well, before hynes lol regardless!!!
Rep jersey as a centre.....PM 11 isn't a true rep game. Hynes didn't just win HB of the year he won the whole thing....Dally M player of the Year.
I'm just waiting till you tell me being player of the year is nothing because Ewan McGrady won the Rothmans Medal in 1991 yet he didn't play rep footy either.....(apart from representing Northern NSW v Touring Poms). We won't be getting much out of Burto, he's already wrapped up his contract extension, so what happens now isn't that relevant anymore

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The round 1 backline has to be this

Avo
Skelton
Kiraz
Alamoti
Fox

None of these Backups are even worth mentioning right now for a starting spot
Burns
Casey
Perham
Okunbor

Kiraz was beyond shit today I want skelton on the wing

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rep jersey as a centre.....PM 11 isn't a true rep game. Hynes didn't just win HB of the year he won the whole thing....Dally M player of the Year.
I'm just waiting till you tell me being player of the year is nothing because Ewan McGrady won the Rothmans Medal in 1991 yet he didn't play rep footy either.....(apart from representing Northern NSW v Touring Poms). We won't be getting much out of Burto, he's already wrapped up his contract extension, so what happens now isn't that relevant anymore
Rep jerseys at centre, that he really only got because Turbo and Latrell were injured. If Cleary was injured, Hynes would have likely been NSW and Australian half. I think Burto will improve, but at this stage there is no comparison

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I thought he was in for all money, i knew Kennedy was quick, but that was unbelievable.
Yes Kennedy is fast and the angle wasn't as bad as it first looked but Jake should've pulled away. Seemed to accelerate okay but didn't seem to be able to stretch out and maintain his speed. I'm blaming saturdays session for everything bad in the trial lol.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We been learning for the last 10 year
In the words of the late and great Tommy Raudounikis, at a post match press conference, when he was coach of cellar dwellers, Wests Magpies, years ago. when asked what can be done to improve things at the club.

TR: “Mate, I can only piss out of the dick of got”.

True Tommy style and very apt for us over the last 10 years.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
In the words of the late and great Tommy Raudounikis, at a post match press conference, when he was coach of cellar dwellers, Wests Magpies, years ago. when asked what can be done to improve things at the club.

TR: “Mate, I can only piss out of the dick of got”.

True Tommy style and very apt for us over the last 10 years.
The players can't magically unlearn the shit they've been taught and learnt over the last years of dross. Especially not in one preseason.

It's going to take time. People just need to chill