Official Bulldogs vs Sharks Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I've been pretty harsh today, and we were bad, but I feel like if there's one thing we can give them is that all those piggy backs would have taken a huge toll on them... some will say we shouldn't blame the ref, and I'm not blaming him for the result, Cronulla were far better, but fmd there was a stage in the first half where the ref was absolutely smashing us for anything and everything.
Momentum is so important. We haven't sustained control of the game on a consistant basis for years. We are constantly chasing... with refs, mistakes and dumb plays.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Flanagan & Perham massive LOL

Wtf did Averillo do to warrant that dud starting over him at FB?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He is! BUT the biggest thing is I HAVENT SEEN ONCE is them training attacking kicks under pressure AND i knew it would be an issue because WE ALL KNEW it is an Achilles heel for us.
Sharks had the ball on a string and were contesting every kick with numbers. Us? No where within cooee. I reckon a few of those Shark players off side but if you have mementum, refs don't call it.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wont be watching no dogs game if flanno is our halfback worst 7 in the league why didnt we just go for moses manly by 13 plus round 1 i think hope not but flanno cant even defend

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We have plenty of speed across the park but weren't able to use it, that points to an issue in our forwards, not enough grunt in the middle, not enough quick PTB

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We have plenty of speed across the park but weren't able to use it, that points to an issue in our forwards, not enough grunt in the middle, not enough quick PTB
Plus our backs did not show any aggresion nor robust enough. Sharks are a punish in backs physical presence. We were mostly out bullied and enthused. Having said that we had our usual lack of momentum and inability to fight back. Not enough players put in to be the change needed for their teaam.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Notice every time we did do a backline move and the ball got to Alimoti, JAC never saw the ball. People were saying Schoup was a ball hog but I don’t think Alimoti knows how to pass either. He only has eyes to tuck the ball under his arm and run.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
There is no future in persisting with Flanno. He absolutely can not provide the necessary control or opportunities needed for a developing new squad.

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, leaving the club when we have no viable alternative would really help the club. Geez you guys are thick
bro flanagan in the team is like having no one there name me one thing he’s done lol. anyone there is better than him