Official Bulldogs VS Raiders trial

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m not defending anyone and I thought one trial was weird too, I just didn’t carry on about it. The constant whingeing on here is embarrassing
How? We're on a record streak of missing finals, we're scoring fuck all points and we're failing to deliver acceptable performances early season when it matters. The club absolutely deserves to cop it and won't stop copping it until performances and results improve.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How? We're on a record streak of missing finals, we're scoring fuck all points and we're failing to deliver acceptable performances early season when it matters. The club absolutely deserves to cop it and won't stop copping it until performances and results improve.
They know and we all know that.
I’m not sure how constantly complaining on an Internet forum fixes anything

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That game in PNG won’t have a full strength team it’s a week after the Nines in Perth and you aren’t going to have players flying back from Perth then straight to PNG. It will be one or the other you won’t see players doing both.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
That game in PNG won’t have a full strength team it’s a week after the Nines in Perth and you aren’t going to have players flying back from Perth then straight to PNG. It will be one or the other you won’t see players doing both.
There're flights direct from Perth to PNG.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We're on a record streak of missing finals
You really need to learn your CB history, 12 years is our current record for missing the finals. A fair few more than the 3 we are on currently.

Go Dogs

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter it’s still a hell of a lot of flying for pre season. The squads will be split for sure.
Perth to Port Moresby is actually the same flying time as Perth to Sydney.

Go Dogs

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forums are to express your opinion so whilst you consider it whinging it is a valid opinion. Too many people try to sugar coat turds on this forum. The fact is TAB have us at $34 to 1 of winning premiership in 2020 which is equal 2nd last on the ladder. We also have no marquees signed for 2021, no major sponsor and the lowest membership in the league. The upside is our salary cap woes are ending, we can take a legitimate shot at a marquee coach and start attracting real talent. We have had 3 seasons of misery thanks to Dibb, Des & Raelene. Flushing turds like Woods, Klemmer, Lichaa, Tualou & Fualalo is a positive step. The cripple finally leaves us at the end of this year too. My expectation for 2020 is one that reflects the reality of our situation in that our roster has to come out and bash the shit out of opposition teams every round of the season. I can handle having a dig and losing but the soft cock shit I have seen since Des started has to fucking end. There is my "whinge".

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Forums are to express your opinion so whilst you consider it whinging it is a valid opinion. Too many people try to sugar coat turds on this forum. The fact is TAB have us at $34 to 1 of winning premiership in 2020 which is equal 2nd last on the ladder. We also have no marquees signed for 2021, no major sponsor and the lowest membership in the league. The upside is our salary cap woes are ending, we can take a legitimate shot at a marquee coach and start attracting real talent. We have had 3 seasons of misery thanks to Dibb, Des & Raelene. Flushing turds like Woods, Klemmer, Lichaa, Tualou & Fualalo is a positive step. The cripple finally leaves us at the end of this year too. My expectation for 2020 is one that reflects the reality of our situation in that our roster has to come out and bash the shit out of opposition teams every round of the season. I can handle having a dig and losing but the soft cock shit I have seen since Des started has to fucking end. There is my "whinge".
At least you explained it and offered something constructive too. I like that and much better than mafia wannabes taking one line pot shots thinking they are funny. They wouldn’t know how to run a chook raffle let around a football club. We’ll be back mate don’t worry

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of what you say is valid. The only thing I wouldn't worry about are the bookies and their odds. I don't think anyone has suggested we'd win the comp this year. We will fight and never say die and we're improving with experience, but no - we're not yet in the class of some other sides.
Those of us that have been speaking positively about the club have just been trying to point out that it's not all doom and gloom, the club is not standing still and work is being done to get us back to where we belong.
They haven't gotten everything right, there's things they need to improve - but the suggestion they're useless or doing nothing is very wide of the mark - and I think time will prove that.
Yes, forums are democracy. Unfortunately though many opinions are expressed without proper knowledge and that's where two clear camps have emerged. I don't expect that to change any time soon.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Please excuse me for having some fun;
Forums are to express your opinion so whilst you consider it whinging it is a valid opinion.
Absolutely, but when rubbish is posted it should expect to get rubbished.

Too many people try to sugar coat turds on this forum.
Equally far too many people dump turds on what are in fact good things.

The fact is TAB have us at $34 to 1 of winning premiership in 2020 which is equal 2nd last on the ladder.
Bummer, that means I can't make as much money as I did last year on their inaccurate predictions.

We also have no marquees signed for 2021
Two things, firstly it's January 2020, not January 2021 and there may well be signings that haven't been announced. ie; You missed the words THAT I KNOW OF.

no major sponsor
You missed the word YET.

the lowest membership in the league
Bit unfair when 3 clubs haven't announced their memberships and we are almost in line with where we were this time last year. Where coincidentally (or not) we finished up on the members numbers table pretty much the same where we finished on the ladder. Maybe the TAB should pay more attention to our member numbers and rely less of their algorithm to decide the odds of where who will finish where.

The upside is our salary cap woes are ending
Yes, some have been waiting patiently for the pain to end, others not so much.

we can take a legitimate shot at a marquee coach
What's the salary cap woes got to do with who the coach is? And, more importantly, exactly which "marquee coach" is available next year?

start attracting real talent.
I don't know about you but there's some talent we already have whose development may well mean we need different "talent" for next year that what we see we need this year.

We have had 3 seasons of misery thanks to Dibb, Des & Raelene. Flushing turds like Woods, Klemmer, Lichaa, Tualou & Fualalo is a positive step.
Plus Olive and Brown, mustn't forget they're gone too

The cripple finally leaves us at the end of this year too.
Maybe not, who knows.

My expectation for 2020 is one that reflects the reality of our situation in that our roster has to come out and bash the shit out of opposition teams every round of the season. I can handle having a dig and losing but the soft cock shit I have seen since Des started has to fucking end.
Hopefully legal bashing, we can't afford suspensions, but otherwise having a solid go is important. Not just for us fans but for the players themselves on the edge of either making it or oblivion.

There is my "whinge".
Nothing particularly outstanding in the whinge department, there's at least one thread per day with similar bitching.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You really need to learn your CB history, 12 years is our current record for missing the finals. A fair few more than the 3 we are on currently.

Go Dogs
No I don't, because I'm referring to NRL footy.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Referring to twin turbo's reply;

Salary cap woes = no marquee coach will touch us until they have a working salary cap hence why we picked up Pay versus Bennett (as an example)
With respect to salary cap woes our club is not privately owned therefore we cant have a hidden open checkbook behind the scenes or powerful wealthy backers who write untraceable blank cheques
Thank you for reminding me of olive & brown... 2 more turds flushed
I want the cripple gone ... my wish not yours
I am post 50 years of age so I loved the era where illegal bashing was legal. That being said I appreciate that we don't want players sidelined for infractions. Lets think Ogre v Bryce Gibbs as an example of what I want. Watch it on Youtube friend. I saw it live.
The irrefutable facts right at this moment is we have lowest membership & no marquees. I might remind you that player recruitment for the 2021 season started Nov 1st 2019.
Agree with your turds comment but I am not a sugar coat person
What do you mean "nothing personally outstanding". The post was a pearl of wisdom my friend. :grinning:

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Referring to twin turbo's reply;

Salary cap woes = no marquee coach will touch us until they have a working salary cap hence why we picked up Pay versus Bennett (as an example)
With respect to salary cap woes our club is not privately owned therefore we cant have a hidden open checkbook behind the scenes or powerful wealthy backers who write untraceable blank cheques
Thank you for reminding me of olive & brown... 2 more turds flushed
I want the cripple gone ... my wish not yours
I am post 50 years of age so I loved the era where illegal bashing was legal. That being said I appreciate that we don't want players sidelined for infractions. Lets think Ogre v Bryce Gibbs as an example of what I want. Watch it on Youtube friend. I saw it live.
The irrefutable facts right at this moment is we have lowest membership & no marquees. I might remind you that player recruitment for the 2021 season started Nov 1st 2019.
Agree with your turds comment but I am not a sugar coat person
What do you mean "nothing personally outstanding". The post was a pearl of wisdom my friend. :grinning:
Can I ask @BlackDawg are you a member and if not are you willing to sign up? (ticketed member or footy club).
There's all sorts of packages for every budget for game attendance and non-attendance if you can't make it regularly.
That's the best way to get our member numbers up - sign up - and not blame the club.
If you are already a member great!

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We're on a record streak of missing finals
No I don't, because I'm referring to NRL footy.
Well, it would be much better if you took the time to post what you mean, save me the time correcting you. Something like "we're on a record streak of missing NRL finals", not all that hard surely.

Go Dogs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well, it would be much better if you took the time to post what you mean, save me the time correcting you. Something like "we're on a record streak of missing NRL finals", not all that hard surely.

Go Dogs
SORRY TO INCONVENIENCE YOU, I WILL BE MORE MINDFUL IN FUTURE POSTS.