Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still hate him on the left edge, kids no where near the same player on that side of the field. I understand why you would play him between Kikau and JAC though.
Yeah much safer having him there.

Another plus foe him is looks like he's going to get a ton of ball because it hardly went down Avos side yesterday lol.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The try he set up was impressive.

Footwork, swaps the ball and then offload. Not many huge guys like him can do that.
He also took the hit up under the sticks towards the end of the game, quick to his feet and gave Brandon Clarke the quick play the ball to get up and score his try. Watching that live made me very moist. I tried to focus on Pele’s defence because that has been one of his main drawbacks from people on here. To be honest I didn’t see him very involved defensively. But I’ll watch the game back before I form a proper opinion on his defence.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hahah true mate . We need to be patient , team is still not balanced enough . We have a shortage in certain positions . Our 1-13 is not too bad but if we cop a injury two then the size of our squad will be really tested .
I’d say our halves and dummy half position is covered nicely , outside backs / fullback / middles we are very short .
The backs/fullbacks shortage is well and truly solved for 2024 with Crighton and Xerri. As for middles I'm not convinced that there is a problem, especially after yesterday. King and Thompson were very effective (80 mtres each & 35 and 28 post contact), Sutton was impressive for a first hit out, Pele was certainly impactful (119 metres & 60 post contact) and we have TPJ to make an appearance next week. Not sighted Hughes or Patolo yet.

Always a Bulldog

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I think Pele might be the sort of player that plays better than he trains. Might not be hitting fitness targets in practice but plays well when given a chance.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He also took the hit up under the sticks towards the end of the game, quick to his feet and gave Brandon Clarke the quick play the ball to get up and score his try. Watching that live made me very moist. I tried to focus on Pele’s defence because that has been one of his main drawbacks from people on here. To be honest I didn’t see him very involved defensively. But I’ll watch the game back before I form a proper opinion on his defence.
Stats - 8 tackles, 100% efficiency, no missed tackles.

Always a Bulldog

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not bad at all!
Is 8 tackles enough involvement though?
Fuck he hit someone hard when we were defending our line. I could see him eyeing him off during the play the ball. Hit him hard ball and all. Bone rattler. That was nice to watch.
Maybe they run away from him because who would want to run into a bloke that size

Harry Oz

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Pele might be the sort of player that plays better than he trains. Might not be hitting fitness targets in practice but plays well when given a chance.
Yes. The best place for him is 1st grade bench. Will motivate fitness and he simply seems ready to learn from 1sts rather than NSW Cup. He will make mistakes, and will be penalised if he doesn't improve his play the ball. But definitely worth giving him the 1st grade experience. Seems to have a range of skills and can think on his feet.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In a perfect world Pele would be good for 15-20 mins but he’s still a liability if we get 1-2 injuries and we are down to 2 men on the bench

Everyone has to be able to play at least 30-40 mins