Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Definitely agree. He doesn’t look comfortable on the left at all. I think he should be played on the right and let him focus on learning defence there. At least in attack he’ll offer so much more on the the right side
He pretty much loses his fend, footwork and offload out on the left edge. Even Jake managed more PC metres and tackle breaks than him and he had pretty much zero attacking ball all half. I'm just going to assume Alamoti's primary role on the left edge will be hole running and they'll just leave him out there and see how he develops.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Shout out to Grubs low driving kicks, had them trapped in the corner numerous times.
Always been great when his radar is on. Kept us alive for so long in 2014 GF with his kicks to the corner. We had no right to hold the floodgates aslong as we did.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He didn't play 2nd half
Max 5 players from Raider team won't be in reserve grade this season to start the year and 3 of them play small minute roles.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did Alamoti go any good?? Is he a genuine chance of playing first grade this year
He didn't stand out for me. Might look different when his left side partners join him next week. Thin on other options so see him starting the year there. Only young so hopefully finds his place in the top grade.

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I realise Burns attracts plenty of hate on here but thought he was serviceable at the back. The team defence was solid, not sure if he contributed to that or not but it is a fullback role. Perham is still an unknown in our system so this week's game holds plenty of interest. Interesting times.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I thought Hayward would be a lot better. Decision making and kicking game has been poor.
I thought he outplayed Rajab although he did take the wrong option a few times

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raiders played barely anyone . Thank god injury free , let’s end next week the same way then we will see where we at .
Yep 100% We will be at full strength for the first half at least as will the sharks so we will get a better feel for things.
We can only make solid judgments of the team and coaches' performance by rounds 5-6.
(Of course, the immature, moronic death riders in the kennel have already written the team off)

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yep 100% We will be at full strength for the first half at least as will the sharks so we will get a better feel for things.
We can only make solid judgments of the team and coaches' performance by rounds 5-6.
(Of course, the immature, moronic death riders in the kennel have already written the team off)
Hahah true mate . We need to be patient , team is still not balanced enough . We have a shortage in certain positions . Our 1-13 is not too bad but if we cop a injury two then the size of our squad will be really tested .
I’d say our halves and dummy half position is covered nicely , outside backs / fullback / middles we are very short .

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought he outplayed Rajab although he did take the wrong option a few times
I was at the game and Haywood was fantastic. The options you’re speaking of was because Joash’s positioning was off, and Haywood let him know about it. He was very vocal, told him to sweep after a dud 5th tackle option because Joash was nowhere to be seen. A few sets later had all 3, Rajab, Haywood and Joash threatening on the opposite side.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I was at the game and Haywood was fantastic. The options you’re speaking of was because Joash’s positioning was off, and Haywood let him know about it. He was very vocal, told him to sweep after a dud 5th tackle option because Joash was nowhere to be seen. A few sets later had all 3, Rajab, Haywood and Joash threatening on the opposite side.
His kicking game needs major work but I thought he was calm and seemed to know what he was doing

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
His kicking game needs major work but I thought he was calm and seemed to know what he was doing
Yeah I agree there mate the execution isn’t the best. But his communication and direction is very solid.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok cheers. A couple of kicks were off target and too deep but overall he looked pretty good and much better than some of the reports I’ve read here. Joash looked very impressive and I can see the RTS comparison

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ok cheers. A couple of kicks were off target and too deep but overall he looked pretty good and much better than some of the reports I’ve read here. Joash looked very impressive and I can see the RTS comparison
The reports you read here on our players can we really take seriously :tearsofjoy: