Official Bulldogs vs Raiders Pre-season Challenge - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Useless trivia - Ack Weyman oval is named after Michael Weyman's dad who did alot for rugby league in Moruya.

Michael Weyman won a comp for St Merge in 2010. He also started going bald when he was 12
I remember Piggy Riddell calling him a fat **** during an altercation once, in one of the biggest examples of the pot calling the kettle black

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There’s my concern for 2023 mate, aside from Sutton we have the same muscle minus Vaughan from 2022 ..

Interested to see what Mahoney’s magic can do … and how Ciraldo has them playing ..
Patolo is a year older and hopefully he has improved. Last year I thought he regressed a bit, but would be great if he can turn that around

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really looking forward to seeing our defensive structures , That's what will determine whether we'll make the top 8 or not. For years now our line speed and contact has been shit.
The defence Guru David Furner now is with the tigers, obviously doing his thing there. Tig pies lost to warriors 48 to 12 this afternoon.......ha ha ha ha. They will go from worst to worst...

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bloody annoying that they spent half of Reeds presser talking about RLPA, Strike Action, and shit that's not related directly to the Bulldogs.

He's there for the presser as a Bulldog, not as an RLPA representative!
Funnily enough I think he handled the RLPA questions better than the ones around the bulldogs and his decision to come to the dogs. I think he wishes nothing was ever said about his 'second thoughts' last year. Reed has to get used to censoring what he says because some stupid c***s in the media have it out for the dogs and will use anything as ammunition.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funnily enough I think he handled the RLPA questions better than the ones around the bulldogs and his decision to come to the dogs. I think he wishes nothing was ever said about his 'second thoughts' last year. Reed has to get used to censoring what he says because some stupid c***s in the media have it out for the dogs and will use anything as ammunition.
100%. Notice how as soon as 1 reporter asked him to comment on the CBA, and he did, that became the all of the reporters sole focus. I’ve vowed to stay away from mainstream media as best I can this year. Bloke in a bar always talks about all the major topics in Rugby League news so I’m happy to get it from there and other podcasts a few times a week. They don’t run an agenda or have malicious intentions when discussing those topics and it’s such a better way to receive news without having a biased opinion shoved down your throat. I’ll still watch all Bulldogs pressers, obviously. But anything Fox or 9 releases will be avoided like the plague from me.

Last edited:

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
100%. Notice how as soon as 1 reporter asked him to comment on the CBA, and he did, that became the reporters sole focus. I’ve vowed to stay away from mainstream media as best I can this year. Bloke in a bar always talks about all the major topics in Rugby League news so I’m happy to get it from there and other podcasts a few times a week. They don’t run an agenda or have malicious intentions when discussing those topics and it’s such a better way to receive news without having a biased opinion shoved down your throat. I’ll still watch all Bulldogs pressers, obviously. But anything Fox or 9 releases will be avoided like the plague from me.
Yeah I think punters have had enough and now we have other options for NRL news.
I only get Kayo so I can watch all Dogs games. I wish there was another way so I wasnt giving my money and support for certain journos and nrl commentators on there but theres no other options.
I dont need to know every thing rugby league so I just look on here or wait for the Club to release information.

JAZZY92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I think punters have had enough and now we have other options for NRL news.
I only get Kayo so I can watch all Dogs games. I wish there was another way so I wasnt giving my money and support for certain journos and nrl commentators on there but theres no other options.
I dont need to know every thing rugby league so I just look on here or wait for the Club to release information.
Honestly, I think the best option would be for certain Membership packages, you get access to all bulldogs games, streamed live with Bulldogs biased commentary. The NBA do a similar thing. If you have their league pass you can choose between commentators that are biased for each team. They don’t put down the other team or claim every call go their way. They just get way more excited about their own team doing good things. I think this would be awesome. You can also pause, rewind, and view rewinded video in different camera angles. Basically like a bunker at home. It’s really cool.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont know what happens behind closed doors with players. But one thing that I think needs addressing is one on one coaching.
Players like Patolo and Pele offer a lot, as do a few others. But sometimes they dont seem to know what to do.
Surely some of the old players can pull them aside and chat to them. I'm sure Ciraldo would not mind them doing that.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I dont know what happens behind closed doors with players. But one thing that I think needs addressing is one on one coaching.
Players like Patolo and Pele offer a lot, as do a few others. But sometimes they dont seem to know what to do.
Surely some of the old players can pull them aside and chat to them. I'm sure Ciraldo would not mind them doing that.
It’s simple run hard tackle hard

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Honestly, I think the best option would be for certain Membership packages, you get access to all bulldogs games, streamed live with Bulldogs biased commentary. The NBA do a similar thing. If you have their league pass you can choose between commentators that are biased for each team. They don’t put down the other team or claim every call go their way. They just get way more excited about their own team doing good things. I think this would be awesome. You can also pause, rewind, and view rewinded video in different camera angles. Basically like a bunker at home. It’s really cool.
Channel 9 already do that for Brisbane Broncos games….

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As well as RFM who is the Club Captain, Ogre and Mason spend every training session with the forwards, plus mentoring and one on ones outside of training. Zappy and Potter do the same with the backs. They are all available 24 hours a days if a player needs them.

If you haven't already, have a listen to The Bye Round Podcast with Mason, he talks a lot about how the players are being mentored and helped in any way.

Always a Bulldog

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
As well as RFM who is the Club Captain, Ogre and Mason spend every training session with the forwards, plus mentoring and one on ones outside of training. Zappy and Potter do the same with the backs. They are all available 24 hours a days if a player needs them.

If you haven't already, have a listen to The Bye Round Podcast with Mason, he talks a lot about how the players are being mentored and helped in any way.

Always a Bulldog
I hope its happening, but some players dont seem to know what to do when they have the ball. Inexperience I guess.