Official Bulldogs vs Jets NSW Cup Grand Final - Team List and Discussion Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mate if Lachie Burr plays this week ( and believe me he is dead set serious about wanting to) it will be a miracle. Did significant damage to his hand due to a drop saw incident ( he is a chippie) and required a skin graft. He was so restless on the bench and you could see that he was so disappointed not to be out there.

Now I had a skin graft after an accident where I lost half of the left big toe and I was bed ridden for two weeks as blood flow to the area can cause the graft to float off. Need to keep it elevated and decrease the blood flow. Maybe, just maybe a week might be a stretch but he is one super brave guy if he does play....of course the surgeon/ Dr will have the final say.

I would love it if he played as he has been steady this year and creates a lot of go forward off the bench. I wish him well and I have my fingers crossed that he is fit enough but it would be a tremendous risk.

We are so lucky that we have a few options in relation to replacing Frawley and will likely do the swap of Brown to half, Woolford to hooker and we have Bronson Garlick on the bench. We are under strength for this one with possibly three ( Frawley, Fine definitely ) and Burr out.

Did they make any comment on the broadcast about the St Merge trainer who ran across in front of our kicker when he was lining up conversions ( happened twice and nearly a third time except he went behind and then to the goal line). Don't know if you heard it but we were very vocal in relation to it, even the bench applauded us.

I know it is only ISP and it would have been better if first grade had made the finals but I am just so excited that at least we might snag a premiership in 2018, even ISP.
I hope Burr can play too hopefully there is not any ligaments or nerves cut by the saw. Unfortunately Lachy can have bad hands at the best of times let alone after cutting his hand as badly as it sounds.

We didn’t seem to miss a beat with Frawley off and hopefully with a full week of training the boys can get the combinations to gel. I’d just stick to what we had after Frawley came off. There’s absolutely no chance of Lewis playing.

They made a massive deal about the training running across on the coverage. They only showed him doing it once however.

It’s good for the club to be getting back to making lower grade grand finals we used to be regularly in them pre Des!

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I read somewhere that Lachlan Lewis had surgery after the last game. Would he be fit to play?

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I hope Burr can play too hopefully there is not any ligaments or nerves cut by the saw. Unfortunately Lachy can have bad hands at the best of times let alone after cutting his hand as badly as it sounds.

We didn’t seem to miss a beat with Frawley off and hopefully with a full week of training the boys can get the combinations to gel. I’d just stick to what we had after Frawley came off. There’s absolutely no chance of Lewis playing.

They made a massive deal about the training running across on the coverage. They only showed him doing it once however.

It’s good for the club to be getting back to making lower grade grand finals we used to be regularly in them pre Des!
At least they commented and if we are being fair about it the dragons should be at least called to task and be fined for conduct unbecoming or something similar. We were watching the blue shirt trainer stand beside Shaun Timmons who was on the microphone and exchanging some earnest conversation in the moments just before he ran on. The referee seemed happy enough and didn't even bat an eyelid but I believe we made a complaint to the ground Marshall in relation to it. The bench was going off absolutely deluxe.

I felt sorry for Matt Frawley. He cops plenty of criticism but you could see it was really hurting him to have been told his night was over. He tried to battle on for about five minutes after he injured it and he cut a very forlorn figure when he hobbled back out on crutches to the player dug out just before half time. We spoke to him about his plans and at the moment he has no offers on the table. The diagnosis was pretty quick by the Doc and he has been proven to be spot on with scan results today.

We have been going with a spare hooker on the bench for most of the year and this time we had two in Garlick and Woolford.

Love sitting behind the bench, getting up close with the players. Beast was very appreciative of the support and spent a lot of time after the game talking to fans and Aiden Tolman who came down from the stands.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lachlan Lewis is not playing. People need to stop bringing his name up for this game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Actually Wakeham might get called up never know
i hope not, way to raw when he debuted in ISP... i know Field was a scared little boy, but some of Browns bombs were pretty testing and what we needed at the time. I like others though question him lasting 80 and Newtown having a whole week to plan / target him.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So maybe itll be brown/cleland halves and maybe wakeham on the bench

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hopefully not Wakeham... he didn't handle the pressure of a few games we tried him in.

I'm assuming Tom Carr is also injured.

Don't be suprised if they do something like:

1. Cerruto
6. Cleeland
7. Bergamin
9. Brown
14. Woolford

OR

6. Brown
7. Cleeland
9. Woolford
14. Garlick

I think they'll opt for the later. I'm concerned Woolford can't play 80 though.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hopefully not Wakeham... he didn't handle the pressure of a few games we tried him in.

I'm assuming Tom Carr is also injured.

Don't be suprised if they do something like:

1. Cerruto
6. Cleeland
7. Bergamin
9. Brown
14. Woolford

OR

6. Brown
7. Cleeland
9. Woolford
14. Garlick

I think they'll opt for the later. I'm concerned Woolford can't play 80 though.
Fuck that garlick was awful in his short stint ,missed tackles gave away penalties

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We avoided having Todd Smith as the ref again this weekend! Adam Cassidy is lead ref.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rather take our chances with him then the red head....he has made some shocking calls against us this season.
So true...but...unbelievably ol red actually AWARDED one of our tries late in the game WITHOUT going to video ref to try and find reason not to award it:grinning: Things are looking up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yh idk how the fuck Burr will play with his hand aye, would be a massive plus if he actually does play and at a level we have seen him at in recent months. Smith also back is interesting...can push Ogden back into the middle as he looked a little lost on the edge to start the game last week.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh idk how the fuck Burr will play with his hand aye, would be a massive plus if he actually does play and at a level we have seen him at in recent months. Smith also back is interesting...can push Ogden back into the middle as he looked a little lost on the edge to start the game last week.
Burr’s injury sounded pretty bad I doubt he will play but hopefully he does. I’m not keen on Ogden in the backrow either but we are pretty light on there and Nelson doesn’t do much for me.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nelson and Garlic we’re rubbish

Smith straight in he’s got the goods

Fk we should win this then beat qld best the following week

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nelson and Garlic we’re rubbish