Bulldogs vs cows match thread

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"See how he goes", we have all seen how he goes in NSW Cup, lively in attack but a huge liability in defense.
How many games have you watched KO play in?
4 games, 2 x live and 2 x video, plus I later watched the video of the 2 games that I was at. Plus 1 x opposed training session. Not a big sample but enough to know that he would be an obvious target in defence, which for example would pull in our outside defenders to cover for him and that leaves us exposed.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he will overcome that deficiency and I’m confident that the coaching staff are working hard on it.

Always a Bulldog

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Topine can cover those positions at least 50% better than Oki ever will.

If CC has seen something we haven't, he must be on magic mushrooms :grinning:
I'm pretty sure Topine isn't a centre or wing tho

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Topine isn't a centre or wing tho
Jackson has filled in at centre tho.

It's a mute point to argue.

Ciro has picked Okenbour. Has his reasons that many of us can't fathom so we'll just have to see how it pans out.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will more than likely be another game where we will be forced to defend the line multiple times and be buggered due to the refs just giving the opposition more piggy back penalties and 6 agains which will result in the team will play one out footy because of the lack of talent to overcome the b.s and due to Gus and Ciraldo giving the refs a licence to continue stuffing us up by not sticking up for us.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
This will more than likely be another game where we will be forced to defend the line multiple times and be buggered due to the refs just giving the opposition more piggy back penalties and 6 agains which will result in the team will play one out footy because of the lack of talent to overcome the b.s
Another year writen off it appears.

Pile on on Ciraldo has started.

Screenshot_20230328_071932_Facebook.jpg

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Another year writen off it appears.

Pile on on Ciraldo has started.

View attachment 67476
Its easy to gloat when they have match officials piggy backing them the whole game and a dropkick bunker official who lays the boot into us every opportunity they get. We will see who will be laughing at seasons end.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Bulldogs v Cowboys: TPJ on track; Injuries, suspension hit hard
Author NRL.com
Timestamp Mon 27 Mar 2023, 04:01 PM

The Bulldogs play host to the Cowboys at Accor Stadium on Sunday in a clash between two clubs whose form has fluctuated in 2023 to have both sitting 2-2 after four rounds. The Bulldogs looked to be in control of their clash against the Warriors when they led 14-6 on the back of a runaway Josh Addo-Carr try but their discipline let them down in the closing stages as the home side reeled them in.

On top of nine errors the Bulldogs also had 37 missed tackles at Mt Smart Stadium and that's an area coach Cameron Ciraldo is sure to address.
Meanwhile, coming off back-to-back losses to the Broncos and Warriors, Todd Payten's side ground their way to a derby win over the Titans but will pay for it in the coming weeks.

The Cowboys are set to test their 'next man up' culture after three players suffered injuries and Jeremiah Nanai copped a two-match suspension for a Dangerous Throw. The absence of Origin centre Murray Taulagi robs the Cowboys of some of their potency but any side boasting Valentine Holmes, Kyle Feldt and Tom Dearden is capable of piling on quick points so the Bulldogs will need to be on high alert.

Match: Bulldogs v Cowboys
ROUND 5 - SUNDAY 2ND APRIL 6:15pm
home Team Bulldogs 10th Position
away Team Cowboys 13th Position

Bulldogs Odds $2.00
Cowboys Odds $1.81

Venue: Accor Stadium, Sydney
Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
Team News

Bulldogs: Tevita Pangai Junior is expected to return from a calf injury which has sidelined the prop for the first four rounds of the season but Fa'amanu Brown will be missing after dislocating his elbow against the Warriors on Sunday.

Cowboys: Outside backs Murray Taulagi (knee) and Gehamat Shibasaki (hamstring) are both ruled out. Peta Hiku returns from suspension to fill the No. 4 jersey while Brendan Elliot could be called into the centres after being named as a reserve last week. The absence of Jeremiah Nanai (suspended) could see Mitch Dunn find his way into the side for his first NRL action of the year.

Stat Attack

• The Bulldogs have won three of their past four games at Accor Stadium.
  • The Cowboys have won four of their past five games against the Bulldogs.
  • Bulldogs winger Josh Addo-Carr has scored 19 tries in his past 14 games at Accor Stadium.
  • Cowboys centre Valentine Holmes has kicked his last 13 goals without a miss.
  • A win will give the Bulldogs their best start after five rounds since 2016.

Always a Bulldog

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TPJ pops off against Taumalolo. His best career games have always been against the Cowboys. Lets hope he plays

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ pops off against Taumalolo. His best career games have always been against the Cowboys. Lets hope he plays
Still remember him smashing Taumololo all game a few years back. Be Intersting how many minutes he gets first game back. Probably also means Pele won’t come back in.
TPJ (if back) for Tanner
Topine in for Nu Brown

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
4 games, 2 x live and 2 x video, plus I later watched the video of the 2 games that I was at. Plus 1 x opposed training session. Not a big sample but enough to know that he would be an obvious target in defence, which for example would pull in our outside defenders to cover for him and that leaves us exposed.

Don’t get me wrong, I think he will overcome that deficiency and I’m confident that the coaching staff are working hard on it.

Always a Bulldog
Any and all rookies are obvious targets