Bulldogs vs cows match thread

WFC03

Waterboy
Reaction score
With #1, yeah it's a bit over the top calling him outstanding, but I did see some good signs there to be honest. I kept an eye on him at the game, and there was energy, size and speed added to the middle when he came on. Defensivly he was solid too.

#2, I don't get our bench or forward rotations at all. Mahoney and Kikau are dead come the 60min mark every game, because every play revolves around them and there's no one else picking up their weight. We have a Halfback and 5/8 that don't get involved and a Fullback that can't pass. Add to that a depleted front row, and it's beyond a joke having:

- A Prop on the bench not getting game time
- A Hooker playing in the middle as a Lock/Half
- A Backrower that offers nothing week in and out
- A Reserve Grade Winger getting more time in the middle than the actual Prop we have on the bench.

#3, this one still baffles me. I have my issues with Averillo, but we could all admit we saw enough the back end of last year that it was worth giving him a full pre-season at Fullback. Instead, we bring in a Reserve greader to fill the role and send Averillo back to a position he's been tried and failed before and knowing full-well the man can't tackle.
You have to remember he is making do with what we have. You add TPJ and Thompson to the team and the bench is a lot stronger. We just don’t have the depth at prop so everyone else is expected to do more and play longer minutes.
You add those 2 who would be starting props and that moves king to lock (where he played in trials) ray to the edge and Preston and Sutton to the bench it is a different team

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Nasheed here,

Team I'd pick:

01. Hayze Perham
02. Jacob Kiraz
04. Jeral Skelton
05. Josh Addo-Carr
06. Matt Burton
07. Kyle Flanagan (last chance, playing 4 his life)
08. Max King
09. Reed Mahoney
10. Ryan Sutton
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Jacob Preston
13. Raymond Faitala-Mariner

14. josh Reynolds
15. Jayden knockonbor
16. Corey Waddell
17. Franklin Pele
I’d agree that is close to what CC will do. Perhaps apart from
1. Skelton, although I also believe he is probably worth a shot.
2. Reynolds - needs more time playing in NSW cup for fitness. Topine would be better

I do agree that Flanno is close to being on his last chance. I mentioned he had up to round 5, at start of season.
Question is, is one of the backups in NSW cup ready yet. Certainly they were not bashing the door down against Warrior NSW Cup on Sunday. But KO must be very close to a call up. We badly need some added strike at half back.

Oh……Mr CC, please use all the bench next week, please!

WillieMasonFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With #1, yeah it's a bit over the top calling him outstanding, but I did see some good signs there to be honest. I kept an eye on him at the game, and there was energy, size and speed added to the middle when he came on. Defensivly he was solid too.

#2, I don't get our bench or forward rotations at all. Mahoney and Kikau are dead come the 60min mark every game, because every play revolves around them and there's no one else picking up their weight. We have a Halfback and 5/8 that don't get involved and a Fullback that can't pass. Add to that a depleted front row, and it's beyond a joke having:

- A Prop on the bench not getting game time
- A Hooker playing in the middle as a Lock/Half
- A Backrower that offers nothing week in and out
- A Reserve Grade Winger getting more time in the middle than the actual Prop we have on the bench.

#3, this one still baffles me. I have my issues with Averillo, but we could all admit we saw enough the back end of last year that it was worth giving him a full pre-season at Fullback. Instead, we bring in a Reserve greader to fill the role and send Averillo back to a position he's been tried and failed before and knowing full-well the man can't tackle.
"Defensively he was solid too". Are we talking about the same guy here .... the world must be in a god awful mess if this is being said about Ocky!

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok now here’s what Ciro will ACTUALLY pick. This is the most accurate prediction

1. Perham
2. Kiraz
3. Avo
4. Alamoti
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanno
8. King
9. Mahoney
10. Sutton
11. Kikau
12. Preston
13. RFM

14. CockunBallz
15. Waddell
16. Tanner
17. Topine/ Morrin

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Ciraldo was raving about him in the presser on Sunday. Thought he played well.
Yep same, I never thought I'd have a day where I say the words "he was one of our best", but he was. Great game, plenty of metres and hit ups

Berries

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
If Ciraldo wants to be taken seriously as a coach then Flanagan can't be picked and Okunbor should never be on the bench.
Even entertaining Okunbur in the bench should have been an instant dismissal

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cows are missing: Nanai, Drinkwater, Hiku, Leilua, Cotter, Tamou, Taulagi, Shibasaki, Hampton, Gosiewski. 10 of their top 30 injured, or suspended.

This is a trap game for us, which I could see us losing.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kidding me right? He did absolutely nothing
Watch the presser...
"JO today was outstanding", "I thought he was one of our best players"- Cameron Ciraldo. The press didn't mention him, Ciraldo specifically brought his name up.

Last edited:

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cows are missing: Nanai, Drinkwater, Hiku, Leilua, Cotter, Tamou, Taulagi, Shibasaki, Hampton, Gosiewski. 10 of their top 30 injured, or suspended.

This is a trap game for us, which I could see us losing.
Mmmm, with all those outs in the Cows plus “home” game for us, should see us get the job done well. Go Dogs.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sure hope we win with south’s, eels and sharks following. Could easily be 2-6, think we will win though with the warriors game you knew it would just tick either way with this game I think we can just scrape it.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Nanai drinky tualagi and possibly Tamou is out for cows. Still think they will be too strong

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whoever plays Ciro unfortunately will only make bare minimum changes due to injury only.

But I'd be telling the guys the first player who gives away a blatant dumb penalty will be hooked and made an example of bc they are ill disciplined, losing concentration and letting their team mates down.
I looked at the stats and expected Waddell to be up there with penalties or ruck infringements, but he had none vs the Warriors... Though Preston had the most with two...

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If Ciraldo wants to be taken seriously as a coach then Flanagan can't be picked and Okunbor should never be on the bench.
That’s what I love about Wayne Bennett his such a I don’t give a fuck coach that he will drop anyone not performing

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
"Defensively he was solid too". Are we talking about the same guy here .... the world must be in a god awful mess if this is being said about Ocky!
Lol you can only fuck it up so much in the middle.