News Bulldogs v Sharks: Burton on a high; Hynes raring to go

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having climbed off the bottom of the ladder with consecutive wins the Bulldogs look to continue their resurgence against the fifth-placed Sharks.

With Matt Burton and Josh Addo-Carr combining superbly the Bulldogs have racked up 70 points in the past fortnight to blow the Eels and Tigers off the park and they look to be enjoying their footy under Mick Potter.

The Rundown
Team news
Bulldogs: Matt Burton is expected to back up after his stunning Origin debut and his presence wouild be a huge boost. Forward Ava Seumanufagai is a chance to return from a calf injury which would offset the loss of Kurt Morrin, who suffered a shoulder injury on debut against the Tigers.

Key match-up
Kyle Flanagan v Nicho Hynes: The Bulldogs playmaker has found form big time in the past two weeks, combining superbly in the halves with Matt Burton to unleash his side's attack. When things were tough early in the season the Bulldogs took seven games to rack up 70 points but they've scored that many in a fortnight with Flanagan standing tall. Hynes has enjoyed a magnificent season since joining the Sharks with 15 forced dropouts, eight try assists, 14 line break assists and 30 offloads. The former Storm man has the size and speed to carve up a defensive line and he'll make the Dogs pay if they give him room to move.

Stat Attack
14. Bulldogs star Josh Addo-Carr is fourth in the NRL with 13 line breaks.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bulldogs to shoot to 3 in a row and announce themselves on the kennel as a genuine title threat

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Key match-up
Kyle Flanagan v Nicho Hynes:
Lmfao these journalists are fucked lol

Just say burton vs hynes, they don't have to be opposite positions ffs

By the way sharks paying $1.35 and us $3.25 for a win

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW for those who haven’t realised our odds went from 500/1 to 300/1
My prediction after we beat Cronulla and south’s the next two weeks we will come into 120/1 and firm further

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
we beat sharks and I have geniune belief call me crazy if you like I think we will make the finals.

Burton will be on fire after that origin performance

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quietly confident of knocking the sharkies off. I know there in the top 4. But they haven’t been playing as well lately at what they were are the start of the season. There for the taking.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quietly confident of knocking the sharkies off. I know there in the top 4. But they haven’t been playing as well lately at what they were are the start of the season. There for the taking.
They were putrid against the warriors.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rothfield digging in the dirt regarding burtons value 800-1 million
Anyway I’m sure Gus has told Burton that Potter will stay and has extended by now ,no chance bulldogs will let him hit the open market .

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we beat the Sharks I'll put some money on us to make the 8

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
they seemed to of regressed where we have some momentum

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
they seemed to of regressed where we have some momentum
I don't think they've regressed, I just think teams have worked them out while they had a reasonably soft draw so far. We've got them at a good time we're definitely in with a good shot as long as we haven't shit the bed with our week off lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think they've regressed, I just think teams have worked them out while they had a reasonably soft draw so far. We've got them at a good time we're definitely in with a good shot as long as we haven't shit the bed with our week off lol.
Might sound weird, but I think Schoupp is key to beating Sharks.
Ramien can let emotion get the better of him at times and as we have seen Schoupp knows how to get under the skin of his opponent.
Getting Ramien to rush in will leave Katoa vulnerable and seeing as he currently defends at 63% making 33/52 tackles he is ripe for the picking.

Our left edge can definitely win this game for us, but as you said the week off does concern me a little.