Opinion Bulldogs V Broncos

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First of all, let me state for the record that this post is not to paint a picture that Pay is a great coach, or to try and sugarcoat the situation that we are im, but more so to illustrate a comparison between the two clubs and the similar, yet vastly different, situation they are both currently in.

Let's start with the Bulldogs. Yep, no denying it, we are shit!!! But we have also been behind the 8 ball for a number of years now due to a total disregard for our junior nursery, a failure to retain and identify talent, backends contracts and a salary cap mess. Add to this a rookie coach and some other hurdles like the Okunbor and CHN shit, the regular injuries to our highest paid player, and it become very clear as to why we are where we are.

Next case in point, the Broncos. Yep, no denying it, they are also shit!!! Even worse then us IMO. But the reasons they are in this heap are much harder to define, and its baffling to comprehend why they are where they are.

The Broncos have the biggest supporter base in the comp, they are a one city team in a rugby league mad region, with unlimited TPAs, the pick of Queensland's best up and coming talent, and a once highly regarded coach signed for massive money over a 5 year contract. So what's their problem??? Our problems are very clear, yet the Broncos seem to have it all, yet play like they have nothing.

Regardless of what most of us think of Pays coaching ability, one thing I have always thought to be true is that our team is united. Week after week we are beaten, yet team morale seems to be high regardless, and more often then not we turn up with the right attitude and put in a decent performance. Sadly this is starting to wane, but as we all know we have a very subpar roster, and the loss of CHN and okunbour has massively added to this problem.

Basically, if we take the emotion out of it, we are not really that bad. We all just expect more from our club. Whereas the broncos are just shit. So many superstars, yet they have no passion or pride it would seem.

Over to you.....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Best believe we will get slapped...Without Hoppa we have no cohesion or attacking link in the backline.
Can see our board extended Pay for another year after they beat us aswell lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty simple for the Broncos they just blew their load way too early on Seilbold. He’s been exposed after half a good season at Souths. If the Broncos get a decent coach in there they will turn things around fairly quickly. Winning premierships is another thing though as they don’t have the spine for that.

As for next week the Broncos have a lot of injured players coming back like Staggs, Fifita and Turpin which is terrible timing for us.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Think it’s pretty simple for the Broncos they just blew their load way too early on Seilbold. He’s been exposed after half a good season at Souths. If the Broncos get a decent coach in there they will turn things around fairly quickly. Winning premierships is another thing though as they don’t have the spine for that.

As for next week the Broncos have a lot of injured players coming back like Staggs, Fifita and Turpin which is terrible timing for us.
Agreed, their culture seems to be poison right now, and Seibold doesn't seem to know how to fix it. Technically he mY be a very good coach, but as a man manager he seems to struggle. Pay seems to be the opposite is my point. Perhaps if we had someone like Kimmorley or even Ennis by his side we could become a much better team.
Im not pro extending Pay, but the cards have been stacked against him and we haven't completely fallen apart.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Another loss coming up v donkeys, another day with Pay, another week where nothing changes/happens .. more disappointment.!!!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Why are the two mutually exclusive though?

Clearly both teams are shit and are in massive holes that require lots of changes. I agree that Brisbane's situation is worse considering their talent, draw being in their favour, cap cheating etc but it doesn't mean our club isn't also a rabble or it isn't "that bad"..

At the end of the day, two traditional powerhouse clubs have become laughing stocks. I'm glad to see Brisbane struggling like most are but it doesn't change the fact that our club is also a mess.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed, their culture seems to be poison right now, and Seibold doesn't seem to know how to fix it. Technically he mY be a very good coach, but as a man manager he seems to struggle. Pay seems to be the opposite is my point. Perhaps if we had someone like Kimmorley or even Ennis by his side we could become a much better team.
Im not pro extending Pay, but the cards have been stacked against him and we haven't completely fallen apart.
Agreed, the players are still putting in for Pay but you have to wonder how long that lasts with results going the way they are. Things could get really really ugly. If Pay had tactics and was ahead of the curve on trends you could see him being a good coach but that’s his biggest weakness. A Ennis or Noddy would have been a huge help for Pay because his current support staff are rubbish it was a huge error in judgment having a rookie coach paired up those assistants.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Both shit, just different types of shit.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
a huge help for Pay because his current support staff are rubbish it was a huge error in judgment having a rookie coach paired up those assistants.
I agree and it’s one of the reasons I’ve said sacking Pay now or singularly achieves very little. It seems that because Steve G had some success in lower grades in 2018 he’s free from scrutiny when his elevation to NRL assistant hasn’t, it appears, been too successful. By all means review the entire football department including coaching and make structural or even significant changes, but no point sticking band-aids on something that may require surgery.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree and it’s one of the reasons I’ve said sacking Pay now or singularly achieves very little. It seems that because Steve G had some success in lower grades in 2018 he’s free from scrutiny when his elevation to NRL assistant hasn’t, it appears, been too successful. By all means review the entire football department including coaching and make structural or even significant changes, but no point sticking band-aids on something that may require surgery.
Yeah you’re right unless there’s a coach ready to start right ways there’s no point getting rid of Pay this year. Antonelli and Georgallis aren’t going to change anything.

I can only think of Penna getting demoted to Flegg at the end of 2018 then punted the following year as the only change to his support staff in Pays time as head coach. The fact that nothing has changed in that time is pretty damning considering the on field results.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our team is crap
Dean pay is crap
Our board are crap
Some of our kennel members are crap
Lewis is crap
We will lose

But... I will still be travelling to go to the game with the kids and curse myself afterwards for going but its the life of a supporter.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
First of all, let me state for the record that this post is not to paint a picture that Pay is a great coach, or to try and sugarcoat the situation that we are im, but more so to illustrate a comparison between the two clubs and the similar, yet vastly different, situation they are both currently in.

Let's start with the Bulldogs. Yep, no denying it, we are shit!!! But we have also been behind the 8 ball for a number of years now due to a total disregard for our junior nursery, a failure to retain and identify talent, backends contracts and a salary cap mess. Add to this a rookie coach and some other hurdles like the Okunbor and CHN shit, the regular injuries to our highest paid player, and it become very clear as to why we are where we are.

Next case in point, the Broncos. Yep, no denying it, they are also shit!!! Even worse then us IMO. But the reasons they are in this heap are much harder to define, and its baffling to comprehend why they are where they are.

The Broncos have the biggest supporter base in the comp, they are a one city team in a rugby league mad region, with unlimited TPAs, the pick of Queensland's best up and coming talent, and a once highly regarded coach signed for massive money over a 5 year contract. So what's their problem??? Our problems are very clear, yet the Broncos seem to have it all, yet play like they have nothing.

Regardless of what most of us think of Pays coaching ability, one thing I have always thought to be true is that our team is united. Week after week we are beaten, yet team morale seems to be high regardless, and more often then not we turn up with the right attitude and put in a decent performance. Sadly this is starting to wane, but as we all know we have a very subpar roster, and the loss of CHN and okunbour has massively added to this problem.

Basically, if we take the emotion out of it, we are not really that bad. We all just expect more from our club. Whereas the broncos are just shit. So many superstars, yet they have no passion or pride it would seem.

Over to you.....
Worry about the thrashing tonight against Souths. Broncos will beat us next week. Bulldogs are worse then the broncos. Same shit every week. They will target chritchon and Montaya all night. DWZ will drop all the high bombs and Souths will score tries from that. Mitchell will have 3 try assist, when he sends his wingers over 3 times. Cook will run through the middle from Napa’s shit defense. They can’t defend. They blamed Lewis for his attack but he’s defence is top notch. My prediction score
48-6 Souths to win
Half time
24-0

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Broncs is pretty simple for mine too many young high profile players believing their own press and playing as individuals and the club and coach letting them get away with it on and off the field and now the wheels have fallen off no one knows how to fix it

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos are a mess because they are clueless, they think they can bring through a whole squad of rookies through at the same time , when In reality should only bring in one or 2 a year . Seibold is a myth and also only knows one game plan
#HarvardOut/SeiboldOut

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We should be getting the media attention Broncos are but we have fallen that far as a club its just pure empathy and sympathy not anger and disgust at how we are playing.

Titans are ahead of us as a club, we are the worst run club in Australia.

It cannot be stated how embarrassing it as a club to not have a sponsor and even how long it took before we got rashay on board.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, the players are still putting in for Pay but you have to wonder how long that lasts with results going the way they are. Things could get really really ugly. If Pay had tactics and was ahead of the curve on trends you could see him being a good coach but that’s his biggest weakness. A Ennis or Noddy would have been a huge help for Pay because his current support staff are rubbish it was a huge error in judgment having a rookie coach paired up those assistants.
That time has come it would appear. Agreed, they needed to provide him with much better support.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are the two mutually exclusive though?

Clearly both teams are shit and are in massive holes that require lots of changes. I agree that Brisbane's situation is worse considering their talent, draw being in their favour, cap cheating etc but it doesn't mean our club isn't also a rabble or it isn't "that bad"..

At the end of the day, two traditional powerhouse clubs have become laughing stocks. I'm glad to see Brisbane struggling like most are but it doesn't change the fact that our club is also a mess.
We are definitely not as bad because we have a substandard roster which is far Insuperior to theirs!