Opinion Bulldogs v Broncos Race for Spoon

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed... both the Sharks and Dragons were terrible against us
The sharks bombed SIX tries in that game, either knocking the ball on over the line or stepping into touch or throwing bad passes to blokes in space that wouldve otherwise scored. And even then, another 10 mins and they would've caught up and beaten us the way that we dropped off. If only 1 of those 6 they bombed had been scored, we lose that game. Dragons went to sleep defensively - Dufty let in every try, admittedly we played pretty good but the dragons seriously shit the bed

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sharks bombed SIX tries in that game, either knocking the ball on over the line or stepping into touch or throwing bad passes to blokes in space that wouldve otherwise scored. And even then, another 10 mins and they would've caught up and beaten us the way that we dropped off. If only 1 of those 6 they bombed had been scored, we lose that game. Dragons went to sleep defensively - Dufty let in every try, admittedly we played pretty good but the dragons seriously shit the bed
One would ask if Sharjs and St Merge had money on the dogs to win.
To bomb 6 tries is unheard of. And Dragons dragged Elliott over the line to score

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
south’s giving it to the broncs really helps out for and against! hope they put another 30 on them

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Broncos have conceded 40+ scorelines on 6 occasions.

Compared to us, we look a lot better with Storm the only team to put 52 on us. The rest of our losses were in the 30s..

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Broncos have huge problems. Can’t read in defence. Confidence and attitude problems. They have no answers and neither does Kevie.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we’ll win another 2 games maybe 3 as for brisbane hard to say on paper and on their day they’re a better side than us but have much more potential to totally fall in a heap hopefully we can avoid it again

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncos have huge problems. Can’t read in defence. Confidence and attitude problems. They have no answers and neither does Kevie.
I'm shocked Walters took the job on to be honest. Basket case of a club, i dont think Reynolds will fix it next year either

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if the Broncos win the wooden spoon ahead of us this year, everyone at Red Hill should be sacked...

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm shocked Walters took the job on to be honest. Basket case of a club, i dont think Reynolds will fix it next year either
Walters was always going to take the Broncos job... it is the only coaching job he has ever wanted

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get the feeling that will happen regardless to be honest
probably... too big a club to get bounced in the first week of the finals in 2019 58-0, win the spoon in 2020, and now being equal last going into the second half of the 2021 season

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
probably... too big a club to get bounced in the first week of the finals in 2019 58-0, win the spoon in 2020, and now being equal last going into the second half of the 2021 season
Thank god for them though, takes alot of heat off us performing poorly

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank god for them though, takes alot of heat off us performing poorly
I am just curious whether 2021 will mirror 2020 for the Broncos and they simply fall apart and go on a long losing run

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Broncs at this point have won 3 we only level cos of the bye I don’t think we avoid the spoon

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Suttons will make sure that doesn't happen. Let's see if the balance of Gerard Sutton's games are the Bulldogs and Broncos.

Favourable calls for the Broncos each Friday night up in Brisbane and ridiculous and obscure rule interpretations against us not to mention strategic sin binning and penalties.

I missed the St George game but read on another post that Sutton called out to Hetherington "get up, get up" when he was hit high. If that happened the guy should be hauled over the coals by the NRL.

Any compensation/medical lawyer worth his salt will keep that footage and use it as evidence against the NRL of match officials ignoring potential concussion rules and protocols and allowing the potential for further injury.

Can't see how referees will be able to crack down on players laying down for this reason, as the referees aren't the people conducting the HIAs. The only way the NRL can address this is for a player laying down to be forced off for minimum 5 mins for an HIA etc. Even then that will then be abused as a means for a free interchange of a tired forward.

What a mess the NRL have created for themselves.
You misssed the game? It was a cracker. Sin binned Josh Jackson for being off side. Not repeated offences on the try line, during ordinary run of play in the middle of the field. Thing is I dont even think he was off side that time, Sutton had already made up his mind (premeditated) he was going. Deadset, what a ****. You watch, no ramifications for Sutton.