Opinion Bulldogs v Broncos Race for Spoon

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wait. Do we vs manly and Souths without origin players? If so that does even an otherwise thrashing out a little.

Manly without the turbos, dce makes then a different team.

Same as Souths without a few key pieces.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The Suttons will make sure that doesn't happen. Let's see if the balance of Gerard Sutton's games are the Bulldogs and Broncos.

Favourable calls for the Broncos each Friday night up in Brisbane and ridiculous and obscure rule interpretations against us not to mention strategic sin binning and penalties.

I missed the St George game but read on another post that Sutton called out to Hetherington "get up, get up" when he was hit high. If that happened the guy should be hauled over the coals by the NRL.

Any compensation/medical lawyer worth his salt will keep that footage and use it as evidence against the NRL of match officials ignoring potential concussion rules and protocols and allowing the potential for further injury.

Can't see how referees will be able to crack down on players laying down for this reason, as the referees aren't the people conducting the HIAs. The only way the NRL can address this is for a player laying down to be forced off for minimum 5 mins for an HIA etc. Even then that will then be abused as a means for a free interchange of a tired forward.

What a mess the NRL have created for themselves.
Here you go - you catch up on the game here:

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t care how many games we win or where we finish as long as we don’t get the spoon.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Rounds 19 onwards seem to favour us, as long as we can get a bit of form into the team and have some of our injured players back and fit.

We've already seen the difference that JMK and Jackson provided on the weekend. Yes dragons were shit but ALSO we didn't allow them to play, let's not take that away from our boys.

With Avo and Wakeham looking like our best halves option and the lack of chopping and changing to the halves, the whole team looks more settled.

Once we get Corey Allan and Okunbur back, then there's going to be competition for spots in the backs, it might push everyone to do better.

Where we struggle is our forwards, there's competition for places but the competition for places is amongst shit players

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wait. Do we vs manly and Souths without origin players? If so that does even an otherwise thrashing out a little.

Manly without the turbos, dce makes then a different team.

Same as Souths without a few key pieces.
Nope Origin 2 is played next Sunday night. There are no NRL games that round. We play Manly the next week so i would imagine all of their origin players would play given they have a week to recover.

We play Souths on the Sunday after Origin 3 (which is played on a Wednesday), They may rest some players.

We play the Roosters before Origin 3. They wont have origin players eligible. That becomes a winnable game with them missing Tedesco, Crichton and I think Radley may still be suspended. Not to mention B Moz, Keary, Cordner, Friend, Collins, etc

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dogs are 2 from 13 atm
and a Miracle is gonna happen and there gonna win 6 from 11

I'll have a kilo please
Yeah I love the enthusiasm after we win a game. And I hope they are right but I can't see us winning 6 from 11 games

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Waiting for the opposite thread if the Eels smack us this week

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what type of performances we put on in the next few weeks.

The next few games aren't easy but if we can play well in longer periods it could suggest we are improving.

The Dragons were really horrible and its quite possible they made us look a whole lot better than we actually were. I think we will get a answer over the next month.
I concur spoonman84. We didn't play outstanding footy but it was better than previous games with the exception of the Cowboys game which we were unlucky to lose.
The Dragons made us look a whole lot better than we played, but it has given us confidence and belief and that can turn a team around.
Here's hoping.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I concur spoonman84. We didn't play outstanding footy but it was better than previous games with the exception of the Cowboys game which we were unlucky to lose.
The Dragons made us look a whole lot better than we played, but it has given us confidence and belief and that can turn a team around.
Here's hoping.
For sure NQ Dog it could be a building block for the back half of the year. I thought the first half against Penrith was some good football from us too apart from the finishing off our opportunities.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It depends how we rebound after this week against Parramatta. They should comfortably beat us based on talent and form so hopefully its not a blowout that drops heads again.
It is an improvement to actually be in the position where you feel the teams confidence could go either way, compared with early season where it was all abysmal, all the time.

FZ1-S

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah I love the enthusiasm after we win a game. And I hope they are right but I can't see us winning 6 from 11 games
Me either, would be great but I can't see it happening.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Nope Origin 2 is played next Sunday night. There are no NRL games that round. We play Manly the next week so i would imagine all of their origin players would play given they have a week to recover.

We play Souths on the Sunday after Origin 3 (which is played on a Wednesday), They may rest some players.

We play the Roosters before Origin 3. They wont have origin players eligible. That becomes a winnable game with them missing Tedesco, Crichton and I think Radley may still be suspended. Not to mention B Moz, Keary, Cordner, Friend, Collins, etc
So the team coming last gets 1 game during origin. Mad :sweatsmile: we should have vs panthers when tigers vs them. Not the week before.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the team coming last gets 1 game during origin. Mad :sweatsmile: we should have vs panthers when tigers vs them. Not the week before.
All teams only get one game during origin these days. They play 4 games before Origin 1 and 4 games before Origin 3. Teams get the bye on 1 of those weeks.

No games are affected by Origin 2.

But I agree the draw could have been kinder. We played the Panthers twice in the first 12 rounds when they were humming.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I definitely think we can win this game given even the broncos beat them.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely think we can win this game given even the broncos beat them.
Yep and the Titans should have beaten them last week.

They will still have a decent side against us. Manu will be the key

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what type of performances we put on in the next few weeks.

The next few games aren't easy but if we can play well in longer periods it could suggest we are improving.

The Dragons were really horrible and its quite possible they made us look a whole lot better than we actually were. I think we will get a answer over the next month.
This. A fair few people getting well ahead of themselves after a win against a deplorable dragons team. Sure we played well, but we cant assume we're going to 'win this game and that game and avoid the spoon' when we are literally 2-12 and on the bottom. Just have to see how we go over the next few weeks against some of the better sides in the competition and whether or not we can hold our own