News Bulldogs unleashed podcast (host Bill Woods)

repolski

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am so impressed with Luke Goodwin. I always thought he was a lightweight but he is such a nice guy. And loves the bulldogs. Well done woodsy the legend.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am so impressed with Luke Goodwin. I always thought he was a lightweight but he is such a nice guy. And loves the bulldogs. Well done woodsy the legend.
I loved him in 93 and was so disappointed they went with Wilson in 94.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just got up to date on Episode 5. This is a great insight into what’s going on at the Dogs and some great reminiscing. Would recommend if you have the time to give it a watch.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those talking about NRL players that were dogs fan growing up, Mannah is on this episode ( it usually only current and former dogs players)

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Anything interesting

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Anything interesting
A few things I found interesting. I really enjoyed the insightful look into man management in the modern game and hearing some very honest and intelligent conversations from both players about life during and after rugby league.

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s poor. Luke and Corey’s microphone s aren’t on.

Wow. They have Four expensive mics. Think they might have sound checked them?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
That’s poor. Luke and Corey’s microphone s aren’t on.

Wow. They have Four expensive mics. Think they might have sound checked them?
Yeah can't be fucked finding the appropriate listening volume, struggling to hear some and getting your ears blasted off by others

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, for me it was just hard to hear Luke. I could make out what he was saying however, and I can tell from his response about 50/50 ref calls not going our way that there is definitely talk around the club about us not getting the rub of the green ATM. From CC press conferences you can assume they are still taking responsibility in regards to the calls that we deserve so as not to make excuses.

It seems that there are alot of opinions from within the game that suggest lower teams don’t get the 50/50 calls as often as the top teams. Surely there is a way to analyze these statistics and make sure refs are not just giving the majority of the close calls to the stronger team.

If anything you would think it would be better for the game to make sure the weaker teams get the better end of the stick or at the very least, more even.

Other than that, it was alot of talk about what Trent and Corey are doing these days and how the game has changed.

Also a bit of talk about Des and his coaching style.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unconscious bias influences a lot of decisions. humans Develop perceptions of people (and clubs) and that influences how they see, interpret and judge incidents.

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unconscious bias influences a lot of decisions. humans Develop perceptions of people (and clubs) and that influences how they see, interpret and judge incidents.
Very true, it does surprise that more referees don’t have a ‘feel sorry for’ bias towards lower placed clubs. I would have thought that would have been more prevalent?

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
NRL refereeing is like the sport of boxing, if you’re going up against the world champ, you have to win convincingly by KO to get the W. You don’t win the close ones against Storm, South’s, Penrith etc

Noosa Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
For those that don’t have as much spare time as I do, at the start of each episode Luke Goodwin discusses team changes and player injury updates etc.

A lot of the injured players are back training with the team or very close to get back to training. Obviously that doesn’t mean they are back immediately, but its exciting for the team to feel that it’s on the horizon and hopefully we can jag a win or two in the meantime to pick up spirits.

Last edited:

Taylforth

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yeah, for me it was just hard to hear Luke. I could make out what he was saying however, and I can tell from his response about 50/50 ref calls not going our way that there is definitely talk around the club about us not getting the rub of the green ATM. From CC press conferences you can assume they are still taking responsibility in regards to the calls that we deserve so as not to make excuses.

It seems that there are alot of opinions from within the game that suggest lower teams don’t get the 50/50 calls as often as the top teams. Surely there is a way to analyze these statistics and make sure refs are not just giving the majority of the close calls to the stronger team.

If anything you would think it would be better for the game to make sure the weaker teams get the better end of the stick or at the very least, more even.

Other than that, it was alot of talk about what Trent and Corey are doing these days and how the game has changed.

Also a bit of talk about Des and his coaching style.
I just think that the teams playing positive football with the forward momentum, will always get the 50/50 calks. It has ever been so. Those teams struggling to keep pace are, by and large, on the back foot scrambling to stop the attack, and thus tend to fall in to the mistake of trying to slow play down and delay the flow of line breaks = more 6 agains against them and penalties flow to the attacking team.