Not open for further replies.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't even be bothered posting it, just see my profile picture

take the easy way out.

I just gave you the perfect example of con artists, they trick you and get away with stealing your money and law can not do shit about it.

PS. good luck signing future players and coaches. just like now the qlders are beware of those fraud insurance companies.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
take the easy way out.

I just gave you the perfect example of con artists, they trick you and get away with stealing your money and law can not do shit about it.
No ffs!!!!!

You don't know what was in the agreements and I guarantee you that there would be a clause that if you were sacked for not meeting your kpis you'd get less than the full value of the contract

DES AND HIS MANAGER WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT THEY WERE GETTING THEMSELVES INTO FFS!!!!!

Janice

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Another newspaper report says that Steve Price may be the Football Manager. Things are just getting better by the minute.
Which Steve Price, the one that used to coach Dragons or ex-bulldog Steve Price?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
like i said a potential super coach or a gun player sitting outside watching this unfold would be thinking exactly how i am thinking.

Dogs are signing me up for this much money for next 4 years , club X is offering my a little less on a 3 year deal...... who should i choose? hmmm..... fuck the crooks, i know what they did with Des.
Bullshit. Any player that has a signed contract and is moved on, is still entitled to be paid the full amount of the contract devided between what the new club is willing to pay and what the old club is left with to pay. So that statement about players not wanting to come now is absolute bullshit mate. Get your facts right.
And to be honest, and im not trying to be an asshole here mate, so try not to take this to heart, but we have all had to listen to you bitch and moan all fucking year about des, and now we are hearing a whole lot more bitching and moaning because you are not happy with the way Des has "supposedly" been treated. And all of this with no evidence to support your claims except a opinion based telecrap newspaper article. Get off your soap box and move the fuck on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No ffs!!!!!

You don't know what was in the agreements and I guarantee you that there would be a clause that if you were sacked for not meeting your kpis you'd get less than the full value of the contract

DES AND HIS MANAGER WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT THEY WERE GETTING THEMSELVES INTO FFS!!!!!

no i dont know what was in the agreement, I never said that but any player who would want to sign with Dogs from now on would have to double and tripple check for sneaky clauses and T&Cs . .... if they decide to sign with the crooks.

If Dib/ dogs board says about cronk " we have signed Cronk for 4 years on 4 million dollars a year"

basically it means jack shit..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
no i dont know what was in the agreement, I never said that but any player who would want to sign with Dogs from now on would have to double and tripple check for sneaky clauses and T&Cs . .... if they decide to sign with the crooks.

If Dib/ dogs board says about cronk " we have signed Cronk for 4 years on 4 million dollars a year"

basically it means jack shit..
Lol

Zee what pills have you taken today???

It makes great sense to not read a contract because you "trust" a club

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullshit. Any player that has a signed contract and is moved on, is still entitled to be paid the full amount of the contract devided between what the new club is willing to pay and what the old club is left with to pay. So that statement about players not wanting to come now is absolute bullshit mate. Get your facts right.
And to be honest, and im not trying to be an asshole here mate, so try not to take this to heart, but we have all had to listen to you bitch and moan all fucking year about des, and now we are hearing a whole lot more bitching and moaning because you are not happy with the way Des has "supposedly" been treated. And all of this with no evidence to support your claims except a opinion based telecrap newspaper article. Get off your soap box and move the fuck on.
righto, clearly the message is not getting across with your blinkers on.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol

Zee what pills have you taken today???

It makes great sense to not read a contract because you "trust" a club

fair enough, time will tell or may be we will never found out what was in the actual agreement as it may settle out of court.

but it will leave a very bad name for the club, if it does get out in public that we did try to rob Des off his earnings.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
fair enough, time will tell or may be we will never found out what was in the actual agreement as it may settle out of court.

but it leave a very bad name for the club, if it does get out in public that we did try to rob Des off his earnings.
Ffs how the fuck can you say we "robbed" des fucking hell

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
did you read part of my comment where i said " if it did get out in public that we did TRY to rob Des off his earnings"
Mate your just being argumentative. This should be a good news thread about the chance of having 3 former bulldog players take over the bulldogs coaching role. Instead its become your own personal poor ol des thread. Fuck des. He is gone. And the only way it will affect any of us, is that we wont have him as coach. We will start to play an exciting enterprising style of football again. We wont have to listen to his fucking bullshit postmatch press conferences or his nose whistleing. And his 'im fooling everyone' team selections. Win win win in my eyes.
If you feel bad for him write him a letter and tell him. Stop telling us because obviously no one really gives a shit. We are all just happy he is gone!!!

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty close to what i said this morning on another thread...just got wind sooner than i thought

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thing is ... a contract can be withdrawn if both binding parties agree to it.

There's a VERY good chance that the new contract had performance based termination clauses in it.

Therefore what's not to say the club's leaned on Des and said "look you'll probably be gone by round 10, so how about we go our separate ways now, and we hook you up with the NSW coaching job".

Or who knows, maybe Des requested the termination of that contract to persue the Titans/Souths/NSW job and both parties mutually terminated. Then Souths went with someone else and now Dessie has the shits.

So many potential scenarios.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which Steve Price, the one that used to coach Dragons or ex-bulldog Steve Price?
It would have to be the former Bulldog captain, rather than the chinless, Steve Price.

~c.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was it anymore Australian for Hasler to walk away from his final season at Manly after signing a deal elsewhere a year before his contract was done?

I'm not sure how Pay, Dymock and Potter will go. I honestly don't know what to expect from them. But more than just the NRL coaching has changed. We've hopefully altered our junior system in a way that will make it productive again and picked up some quality juniors. That was our secret weapon in the past. If we want to get back to being dominant across an extended period the club has to produce good juniors that we can blood to transition into the squad as our stars become too expensive to fill less important positions. Most importantly the club needs to be willing to give quality juniors a crack at NRL positions or clubs that don't produce quality will scalp them.

These days I think that only fullback, the halves and hooking positions should be occupied by players on massive money. Player managers these days hold clubs to ransom though and coupled with that, the current broadcasting of the NYC has meant that players have been earmarked as stars long before many are even close to ready for the NRL. I look at the deals handed out to guys like Pongia supposedly got for the knights and wonder how clubs are supposed to combat that with the current salary cap. It's just a little bit hard to comprehend why many teams are going to bother investing in producing a lot of talent when its obvious that the system in n place doesn't reward them for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.