Official Bulldogs to receive funding for State-of-the-Art Centre of Excellence at Belmore Sports Ground

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Screams of Perrottet clinging to his job. In saying that, if it benefits the community, it's preferable to crap like money being thrown at companies worth billions to create new mines to facilitate the export of our resources while barely paying tax.

The recent election results have seemingly let the libs and national parties know how on the nose they are.
I don't know if there's is state government funded, but Parra announced that they're building one too. But quite far from their ground in Kellyville.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do we get a new centre of excellence every 10 years. Feels like a few years ago des built one and only a few months since the dojo :p

One thing I am confident in now is someone like gus who has been around would have big visions not like previous coaches and staff from the past that thought excellent was basic.

We need facilities and equipment that will solidify us for the next 5 years. Also would be a good selling point for recruitment having the newest and best training facilities.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Screams of Perrottet clinging to his job. In saying that, if it benefits the community, it's preferable to crap like money being thrown at companies worth billions to create new mines to facilitate the export of our resources while barely paying tax.

The recent election results have seemingly let the libs and national parties know how on the nose they are.
I think we can thank vlandys hes threatened dominic if the clubs don’t get these type of things qld may get the gf

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

i dont care if it doesnt benefit the community. if it means the dogs can sign top tier players due to 'world class' facilities then i'm all for it!

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great news for the club and the Belmore community to ensure BSG is the training base of the Bulldogs long term and the facilities are upgraded.. Well done to Khoury, Gus, Warburton and all involved.

Gus getting a centre of excellence built at Penrith and emphasising junior development was a huge part of their success and he's trying to do the same with us. It might take a few years but we'll see the benefits of all of these foundations being built soon enough.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im surprised the libs are investing so much in labor areas.

I mentioned it few months back, most state funding goes to liberal areas
There'd be some angle. I'm thinking a lot of people love rugby league so maybe it's a good way to get people interested in whatever you're selling, like Murdoch using SL to sell foxtel subscriptions. Also, V'landys has connections and can sell ice to eskimos.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

The opposition leader is a Dogs fan so was only a matter of time.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs are delighted to announce that a new state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence will be built at Belmore which will provide an enormous boost to the club and the local community for years to come.

The facility will be one of the best in the world and will be a major asset for the Club as it looks to continue on its path of being a development club that has a high-quality pathways system for future boys and girls.

The NSW Premier, Dominic Perrottet, said each Centre of Excellence will include integrated world-class high-performance training, administration and community facilities:

“These world class facilities will improve each club’s existing talent development pathways, increase community engagement opportunities and outcomes and feature dedicated female programs and facilities.”

Minister for Tourism and Sport and Western Sydney Stuart Ayres said investing in projects like Centres of Excellence will benefit the game for generations to come.

“From community engagement to high performance outcomes, these facilities help grow the sport and provide local pathways for our future stars of the NRLW and NRL,” Mr Ayres said.

“These are world class facilities in the heart of local communities.”

Meanwhile Bulldogs Chief Executive, Aaron Warburton, was delighted that the Club and the wider community would have a state-of-the-art facility that everyone could be proud of:

“This is fantastic news for both our Club and the whole Canterbury-Bankstown area. Being able to create a world-class Centre of Excellence at Belmore will enable our current generation of players, and stars of the future, to access the best facilities and the spin on effect from that is that the local community will also benefit enormously.

We are incredibly grateful to the Premier, Dominic Perrottet, and Sports Minister, Stuart Ayres, for investing in the future of our Club and area, in the knowledge that this will be incredibly beneficial for young male and female players for decades to come.”

A starting date for the project will be announced in the coming months.

Got to love it when an election is a year away and the Premier needs the ethnic vote.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
or maybe the existing one will be renamed. something like 'the OK centre of not bad'
Well it would be getting on now, so a new centre sounds good. I don't know what advancements in training there are, for instance a lot of the equipment is the same as it has been for a hundred years (barbells and dumbells and weight plates) but obviously there would be some new training machines that become available or new versions of machines we may already have.

I wonder if a lot of these new "centres of excellence" are just new equipment. You'd want to supply professional athletes with new gear regularly. I guess that's all it is really. Maybe a hyperbaric chamber, one of those cryo things or some other whiz bang machine.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
......a high-quality pathways system for future boys and girls......

Future boys and girls? Do they mean babies or foetuses?

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
......a high-quality pathways system for future boys and girls......

Future boys and girls? Do they mean babies or foetuses?
Boy = penis

Girl = vagina

Future = because it’s not built yet.

Boys and girls only though, no trans, so you will have to sit this one out mate