Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm with you and he's free for 2021 I think. I think he will be better then Haas but that's my tip at this stage. He would be a great signing.
I know right. We definitely need a quality prop, and this is who we should go all out for.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I don't know why people think playing for the 'Dogs is an attractive prospective at the moment.

We need some talent to make us a threat again and then players will be rushing to join us. At the moment it's almost a death sentence to join the 'Dogs so why wouldn't players considering it bump their asking price.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gronkos won’t let Fifita go
Flegler is a more realistic recruit and could be anything
Red heads are tough as Fcuk and would love him in blue and white

It’s essese manager the grub
Tigers telling him to hold off

Dogs should have given him a deadline ages ago

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Flegler would of been my choice, I would of taken Ese'ese tho, mainly because we get him 1 season earlier, not going to overpay tho.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Are we going for Flegler or you just hope we do..

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Are we going for Flegler or you just hope we do..
If he isn't resigned before November no reason why we shouldn't when it's clear we're trying to recruit a bench Prop (that can take over Tolman's spot after 2021 - 1-2 more years)

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
broncos are struggling for cap space, knowing that, it would be the perfect time to look at their players not yet signed for 2020 onwards

doggies_92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Does our style of play suit Ramien? He has openly said he wants to play in a team that gives early ball from the halves, do we do this with our current centres?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Does our style of play suit Ramien? He has openly said he wants to play in a team that gives early ball from the halves, do we do this with our current centres?
It wouldn't be hard once in every 2 sets (or whatever amount) to just pass the ball to Ramien 3rd or 4th tackle (preferably when it's somewhat on, quick play the ball, numbers, etc). The coach literally shouldn't even have to tell the play makers to do that. Ramien would be our best player in the back line. Strong tackle busting Centre. Add an offload to Reimis or Cogger (or Foran if he's fit) - assuming he's on the right side, and he's a massive threat.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That comment he made tells me he wants to play with Shaun Johnson tbh

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
broncos are struggling for cap space, knowing that, it would be the perfect time to look at their players not yet signed for 2020 onwards
Who says the Broncos are struggling for cap space? They’ve off loaded Kahu, Roberts and Nikorima and don’t have to re-sign a guy like Glenn if they need the room. Not sure what’s happening with Oates yet but he’d go too if they had to

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Who says the Broncos are struggling for cap space? They’ve off loaded Kahu, Roberts and Nikorima and don’t have to re-sign a guy like Glenn if they need the room. Not sure what’s happening with Oates yet but he’d go too if they had to
Yeah but they've just given massive upgrades to TPJ, Lodge and Oates while re-signing Turpin and a few others.

I'm not saying they're under cap pressure as they have no cap and the NRL let them, the Roosters, Storm, Sharks and Bunnies get away with murder. But after those upgrades, theoretically it should make it harder for them to match a massive Fifita offer from another club...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but they've just given massive upgrades to TPJ, Lodge and Oates while re-signing Turpin and a few others.

I'm not saying they're under cap pressure as they have no cap and the NRL let them, the Roosters, Storm, Sharks and Bunnies get away with murder. But after those upgrades, theoretically it should make it harder for them to match a massive Fifita offer from another club...
I wasn’t quoting you but not sure what I didn’t already address in your post already?
Boyd, McCullough and Bird are all off contract the same time as Fifita. I doubt they won’t prioritise him over the others. Unless we want to pay massive overs I doubt we’ll get a look in

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn’t quoting you but not sure what I didn’t already address in your post already?
Boyd, McCullough and Bird are all off contract the same time as Fifita. I doubt they won’t prioritise him over the others. Unless we want to pay massive overs I doubt we’ll get a look in
Different years off contract plus all the above you mention have players options and no one is going to to match the what Brisbane will have to pay them.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I remember a time when a player would just shut up and do as their told, just be happy they are in FG. The more this bloke talks the less I'm liking him tbh. You get the ball when it's passed to you mate and what's best for the team. We already have our tackle 4 option so it may be best that you look elsewhere.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'd be looking at Patrick Mago He stands at 187cm and weighs 113kg Mago, he debuted under Wayne Bennett last year, is off contract and it is not clear where the 24-year-old will end up.

Bennett is a fan of the forward, who would be a relatively cheap pick-up for clubs given he is out of contract, hasn’t been playing NRL, and is still relatively young for a middle.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Different years off contract plus all the above you mention have players options and no one is going to to match the what Brisbane will have to pay them.
Zero tackle has them all off contract in 2020

Edit the player page on ZT says Bird has a player option. My bad thanks for the info

Last edited:

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
Bulldogs to miss out on key signing target Herman Ese'ese, two priorities remain
By The Mole
33 minutes ago
The Bulldogs' recruitment drive is poised to suffer a blow, with the club set to miss out on Kiwi Test prop Herman Ese'see for next season.

After a disastrous year, the Bulldogs have money to spend and were targeting three big names: Jesse Ramien, Apisai Koroisau and Ese'ese.

Of the three, Knights prop Ese'ese was considered the most likely to join the club - but things have changed.

Ramien and Koroisau have both increased their asking price and as a result, the Bulldogs now cannot afford all three.

Sources within the Bulldogs ranks have told Wide World of Sports that of the trio, the club is most likely to drop off Ese'ese.

The Bulldogs are desperate for a top-rate hooker, so Koroisau is a priority. They have scored the least points in the NRL after 20 games, so they also see Ramien as a vital signing.

Several rival clubs are certain to target Ese'ese, who has been let go by the Knights for next year due to salary cap pressure.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/bulldo...e-ramien/6ddde7e7-f636-4d29-a381-71f0f6101352
Hey,
Got word from a close friend of Anthony Politis who said that they can't keep latrell beyond his current contract so he will be on the market for new suitors to vie for his signature.

Hoping that having bennett at souths would stem his interest in going to redfern.

Praying that we are able to snag him and seeing him in our blue and white jersey.

Living though, in a hope and a prayer.