Bulldogs to make bid for foran...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
That sounds like the incompetence we have come to expect from our club these days.
How is it incompetent to grill a player who is in the middle of shit with the integrity unit?

If Forans ends up charged and banned from this betting scandal then I bet you'll change your tone.

haz123

dogs for eva
Reaction score
Spoke to my source this morning.

Club left their offer too late. Had already signed an MOU with Warriors before we approached him. Dogs then fucked around grilling him instead of making him an offer. By the time the Dogs offer was made, it had already hit the papers (about him talking to us) and the warriors threatened to pull the deal off the table. Rest is history.
If he ever was or wanted to come the threat to pull the offer by the Warriors would have worked in our favour by giving him a out without loosing face. I say he was never coming full stop.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
How is it incompetent to grill a player who is in the middle of shit with the integrity unit?

If Forans ends up charged and banned from this betting scandal then I bet you'll change your tone.
I think @DoggiesBoy meant that the board should be busy grilling Des rather than quizzing a prospective player whom by that stage is likely to have been prepped up by a good silk. The board was reportedly impressed and got to work on a formal offer.

If the incompetence is not evident there, then it certainly has come to light since then as Foran ended up rejecting us anyway and signed with the warriors.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
If he ever was or wanted to come the threat to pull the offer by the Warriors would have worked in our favour by giving him a out without loosing face. I say he was never coming full stop.
Not exactly. If our club then renigged, he'd be screwed. I'm not part to the timeframe either. It could have been something like "our deal is only valid till Friday" and late Thursday night the Dogs offer lobs in.

It could have been he wanted a Des clause.

All I was told is that by the time our offer was formally on the table, it was too late.

This is something we've all heard a few times before as well when missing out on players.

I don't know if it's the board procrastinating, or what.

People say we can't attract players.. I don't think it's that at all.. I'd say it's that we fuck around so much, by the time an offer is made, the players gone elsewhere. Player Managers would know this all too well and probably lose patience in waiting for the club to make an offer. Would also explain why we sign the players nobody else is after.

Heck look at how long we took to RE-sign Jackson. Eastwood we still don't know about.

Again this all falls on the shoulders of the board and CEO as much as the coach.

Maybe Des isn't as much the issue. Maybe he's getting pissed off missing out on players because of offer/contract delays.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Spoke to my source this morning.

Club left their offer too late. Had already signed an MOU with Warriors before we approached him. Dogs then fucked around grilling him instead of making him an offer. By the time the Dogs offer was made, it had already hit the papers (about him talking to us) and the warriors threatened to pull the deal off the table. Rest is history.
So the board fucked up again?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So the board fucked up again?
No the board finally got something right by actually looking into the situation of a player who is in the middle of or just finished a mental breakdown and has already walked away from one of the most lucrative contracts in the NRL this year.

Wish they had showed this much interest when they let Des sign Hopoate on that ridiculous NO SUNDAY contract

Reactions: DT

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No the board finally got something right by actually looking into the situation of a player who is in the middle of or just finished a mental breakdown and has already walked away from one of the most lucrative contracts in the NRL this year.

Wish they had showed this much interest when they let Des sign Hopoate on that ridiculous NO SUNDAY contract
Yeah but if they left it too late then they fucked up. Sounds like they are fucking up all over the place too me. Hopa had to have been signed off by THEM, Des still here is on THEM. Sure they did their job looking into Foran but how about they do that when we were on the slide 2 months ago? So when they were ready for the offer it wouldnt have been too late. Jim Doyle was on radio over here saying he has been in talks with Foran checking on him for WEEKS!!! You snooze you lose.

And if they were going to offer a contract then they must have deemed him fit to play, they just did it all too late. Another almighty stuff up.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not believe the club is in negotiations with Des to extend his contract at all.

This has been pumped to the media by Raelene so they get off the back of Des and the clubs performance and mediocrity. She did it back earlier this year when they were pumping Des in the media and it went away. It has obviously come back after Penrith.

I do believe Des will not be here after 2017 though the board does not have the balls to give Des the boot now and pay him out the $1m+ and than have a backlash of pissing up more than $1m for a coach who did not complete his contract.

Des has already pissed millions over the 5 years and another million will mean nothing, if anything it would be the greatest investment in 5 years to piss him off right now and have Raelene and certain board members follow suit

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Has des extended his time at the dogs? Yes or no. Please tell me.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With all due respect, you got the "oh shit we better cover our arse" version of events.

The board would have known (and been told by Hasler) how integral Foran is to success in 2017.
Why would I cover my arse?You think my info is wrong?Trust me you got no idea who I am and what I know.Up to you what you want to believe.All I'm saying is that Kieran was more than a headache and that's final.Its not he didn't want us,We didn't want him.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Why would I cover my arse?You think my info is wrong?Trust me you got no idea who I am and what I know.Up to you what you want to believe.All I'm saying is that Kieran was more than a headache and that's final.Its not he didn't want us,We didn't want him.
I dont think he is saying you dont have correct info.... i think he is saying your source gave you a watered down version of events......

Regardless.... we have major issues at the dogs, our spine (1,6,7,9) are usless. Our coach and his game plan are prehistoric.... and NO one at the club seem to care or seem to be doing anyyhing about it... they are leaving fans out of the loop and are going to lose memebers if they keep this farce up!

You or your source can't expect the average fan (like me) to not be frustrated at what is happening!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Due dilligence is one thing. Every player that gets signed undergoes a medical.

But the board had (according to the media) already been impressed by Foran. At the time that story went to air, the Dogs were still yet to put a formal offer on the table.

Meanwhile the Warriors knew the Dogs where sniffing around, and (and rightfully so), put forth an ultimatum/deadline to sign.

As I said, I'm not aware the exact timeframe of events (or any sticking points in delays in making that offer), just that the offer was "too late".

Every time you are wrong there is an excuse. It's hasn't happened once or twice either. But I'm not blaming you here.

I'm not at all saying your information is wrong, I'm saying that your source is telling you what you want to hear, rather than what you should be hearing.

As a Bulldogs fan (you) with vested interest in the club (and potentially they would know you are feeding information here), they aren't going to savagely attack themselves or fellow workmates for "dropping the ball" (pardon the pun).

My source is outside the media/club, and far closer to the man of the moment.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The decision to not sign Foran was the absolute correct decision. Re-signing Mbye, Jackson & Klemmer was the correct decision, however every other decision over the 5 years has been wrong and disgraceful. From the Hoppa signing to discarding players who bled blue and white. Thats only a small percentage of the problems

Hasler, Raelene and the board are accountable for ALL OF IT.

You pricks have bled the club, the players and the fans.

Do the honourable deed and piss off out of the holy grail of Belmore.

Wankers

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It's incompetent because it's already being investigated by the integrity unit & police. (and the police investigation will take forever & a day to complete.)

Most of us know that they won't find a thing to point to players. (as the minions would have placed the bets)

We all know the integrity unit is shit etc. (take the Andrew Gee missing money saga, they were investigating him & all he had to do is replace it & quit the Broncos & they couldn't do a fucking thing)

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Raelene, the board and Des.... Can we call them " the three stooges".

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is it so easy for other teams to sign players and its a mission for us

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah but if they left it too late then they fucked up. Sounds like they are fucking up all over the place too me. Hopa had to have been signed off by THEM, Des still here is on THEM. Sure they did their job looking into Foran but how about they do that when we were on the slide 2 months ago? So when they were ready for the offer it wouldnt have been too late. Jim Doyle was on radio over here saying he has been in talks with Foran checking on him for WEEKS!!! You snooze you lose.

And if they were going to offer a contract then they must have deemed him fit to play, they just did it all too late. Another almighty stuff up.
Due dilligence is one thing. Every player that gets signed undergoes a medical.

But the board had (according to the media) already been impressed by Foran. At the time that story went to air, the Dogs were still yet to put a formal offer on the table.

Meanwhile the Warriors knew the Dogs where sniffing around, and (and rightfully so), put forth an ultimatum/deadline to sign.

As I said, I'm not aware the exact timeframe of events (or any sticking points in delays in making that offer), just that the offer was "too late".
The board has gone from one screw up to another. If Mr I's infomation is right and the Board were impressed thank god we made the offer late.

Foran can take his match fixing, corruption allegations, mental breakdowns, gambling, walking out on clubs because he is upset and his lowlife friends like Eddie and take them all to the Warriors.

We have dodged a major bullet, just like we did with Fifita.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Foran can take his match fixing, corruption allegations, mental breakdowns, gambling, walking out on clubs because he is upset and his lowlife friends like Eddie and take them all to the Warriors.
But it was OK to keep under wraps all the shit Barba did & got away with.

Allow Barba to go to 'rehab' (it was said at the time it could take months) it was about 3 rounds, but when you needed him, he made a miraculous recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.