Bulldogs To Live Stream Steve Folkes Funeral Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we should all change our avatar pic to a photo of folksy till the end of the season
Excellent call..Done! Ps..chose this photo because he looks like there’s no other place in the world he’d rather be than at Belmore Oval..I’m sure he will always be up in the stand looking on..

Last edited:
A

Alexander the Great

RIP old mate.. hopefully he ca inspire the boys this year

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Shut the office door and watched the streaming from the bulldogs site.
Great service and loved all the speakers.
Well done to the club and Belmore did Steve proud today.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm so glad I was fortunate enough to be able to attend. It was a really beautiful send off for Folksey.

So many big names turned out and at the end when people who had worked with the great man were asked to form a guard of honour there was so many people that they couldn't fit. He had an impact on so many people.

I really feel for the family, both parents lost before their times is devastating.

I didn't expect Folksey to be there actually, but it was great to clap him off the field one last time.

He will not be forgotten.

micko101

Waterboy
Reaction score
Is there somewhere we can watch a copy of the service?

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score

micko101

Waterboy
Reaction score

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One of the hardest things you can do in life is speak at a relative or friend's funeral. I'd like to congratulate Haley Shaw (Folkes' daughter), Lynne Anderson, Ross Folkes, Peter Mortimer, Allan Thompson & Steven Price (I hope I didn't forget anyone) for doing it. My deep admiration goes to you all for your courage. I'd also like to thank the Bulldogs & the Folkes extended family for allowing us supporters to share in this very personal & tragic event. It's a hard thing to go through let alone publicly. The Bulldogs are the family club in so many ways.

Steve Folkes made my World a better place for over 40 years, just by doing the things he loved. He brought so much joy to so many whilst being so humble. He may not have liked the fuss that was made over him today but it was more than deserved. Rest in peace Steve, you were a great man in many respects.

A

Alexander the Great

who was the bloke with the Red Glasses on? bit bright no?

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
who was the bloke with the Red Glasses on? bit bright no?
I am pretty sure it was Steve's son. Glasses were really bad but he gave a lot of comfort to his (I assume) sister.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it was Steve's son. Glasses were really bad but he gave a lot of comfort to his (I assume) sister.
That was Daniel & yes it was his sister, Hayley.

A

Alexander the Great

He was a bit how ya going if you ask me.. def a good out if that was his aim for thw day

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone know the bloke who always appears on the news in Parra or Dogs gear? I saw him there today and he sat in the ex players section. Is he affiliated with the club somehow or just a loon?

Edit he was the guy on embarassing bodies

A

Alexander the Great

Does anyone know the bloke who always appears on the news in Parra or Dogs gear? I saw him there today and he sat in the ex players section. Is he affiliated with the club somehow or just a loon?

That's Ray... id say a goon

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

From what I know, a loon. He was Semi Radradra's flat mate too. I think his name is Raymond & was always at the footy show (which I hasten to add was only watched when a Doggies player was on & recorded & fast forwarded to that bit!)

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Hahaha. He chopped chillies and whacked em up his b-hind to relieve his hemorrhoids. Weirdo!

Status
Not open for further replies.