Bulldogs to announce Klemmer, Jackson, Mbye re-signings: what it means for Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously what is with your hate for most players in this team? Did you play juniors for the dogs and never kicked on? Hence your hate and constant bagging of the team?
He's just a hater. *fat black lady voice* Don't pay him no mind

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate not everything is about stats. In my opinion he is like Tolman. Everyone whines and bitches about Tolman, but when he's gone you actually notice how much they do. Every week stats will be different.
Pretty stupid to bring Tolman into an argument about stats. I'd say going by average stats he is our best performing forward.

While Eastwood is no longer the chubby faced Prop/Second Row/Wing that he used to be I think he still has a lot to offer the team and can't imagine him leaving unless pushed. He still does have that ability to break the line but now he needs to pass it rather than go himself. He was dangerous in attack last year and his tackling technique is one of the best in the NRL without a doubt.

However, he does need to be kept in a more central position. His lateral movement has slowed significantly as of late. Is lock that position this year? It will depend on how Hookers adapt to the reduced interchange, if they are going to exploit tired locks then Jackson may have to make the move to lock or Browne may need to spend more time on the field.

I think the club made a huge mistake keeping Kas. The man is lazy and has hands made of butter. For the price we pay him we could keep both Browne and Eastwood. Last year the difference between Browne and him was negligible in metres per game but Browne's defence and error rates were much better. Eastwood at lock I could handle, Kas there this year may be a nightmare.

BulldogzLegend

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because he is perfectly suited to lock and always has been. The reduction in interchange also makes the move so much more tempting. Kas at lock? Lol no thanks. We don't need a lock that gets tired after 15 minutes. We need an athetic lock with decent pace that can play big minutes while adding in both attack and defence, Jackson is that player.
Like I said your moving our best edge back rowers and replacing him with who?

He would become another Hindmarsh type player like Andrew Ryan as well wasted in the middle

Stupid move and thank god your not coach

His speed and passing would be wasted there and he is too small and would get dominated and make minimal metres

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Like I said your moving our best edge back rowers and replacing him with who?

He would become another Hindmarsh type player like Andrew Ryan as well wasted in the middle

Stupid move and thank god your not coach

His speed and passing would be wasted there and he is too small and would get dominated and make minimal metres
How on earth would he be wasted through the middle? Abother Ryan or Hindmarsh? Lol yh okay whatever. Obviously you are to used to props playing at lock and can't see the benefit of playing Jackson there, hardly a stupid move.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood doesnt play enough minutes for my liking. Good player, hes really good when he's on, but not enough minutes which is the way the game is headed. Forwards that can play big minutes will be like gold and Jacko is just that, with the skill set to back it up.

iDoggiesFan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think if we're to re-sign Eastwood it should be on a maximum 2 year deal and at a reasonable price. I know the guys only 28 and probably wants 3 years min, but with the likes of Elliot and Fualalo coming through he needs to make way at some stage.

Personally I'm a fan of Eastwood at prop as a bit of impact and maybe the club should look at giving him some time in the front row. With that we should start to blood Elliot to take over the lock position allowing us to leave Jackson on his preferred right edge (where he should be).

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could go back to when your lock was a second five eight. One on each side of the field. Will be interesting to see. This year maybe only a few changes but when the interchange reduces further that's when we could see completely different positional play.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I hope Beastie takes over where Frankie left off.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol futsal on the forum
can we leave Eastwood and start bagging sherex and perret again

i love beast wood

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eastwood is overated. He needs to go to the bench and fight for minutes. When Bennet dropped Thaiday it fired him up big time.

People might like Eastwood but he really doesn't do enough compared to the other locks going around the league.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Eastwood is overated. He needs to go to the bench and fight for minutes. When Bennet dropped Thaiday it fired him up big time.

People might like Eastwood but he really doesn't do enough compared to the other locks going around the league.
Exactly. But wait, did you play park footy? You can't have an opinion if you have not. Also if you played another sport your opinion is also of no value.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You would think that we will lose atleast 2 out of the four.

Eastwood, Rona, Lane, T.Williams
Eastwood has had his time, past his best and becpming less consistent with each year. Proven by the fact that He is out of the kiwi squad now. so losing him and Trex to keep Rona and lane would be fine...

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Exactly. But wait, did you play park footy? You can't have an opinion if you have not. Also if you played another sport your opinion is also of no value.
LOL it's just common sense. The reason we aren't in the top 3 teams is that we don't get good value from certain positions. I am yet to see somebody say why Eastwood still justifies even starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.