Bulldogs to announce Klemmer, Jackson, Mbye re-signings: what it means for Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Tony Williams will not be retained beyond this season.As for Rona,Well he is only on $80,000 so expected his contract to be upgraded and he will remain at the dogs for his next contract BUT don't be surprised if he moved to Union after that .
Is he deadset on 80k? geez.. what a bargain. I think he started in union before moving to league, right?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tony Williams will not be retained beyond this season.As for Rona,Well he is only on $80,000 so expected his contract to be upgraded and he will remain at the dogs for his next contract BUT don't be surprised if he moved to Union after that .
Don't wink after sayimg he may move to Union ffs, ill just go slash me wrists now then

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bulldogs to announce Klemmer, Jackson, Mbye re-signings: what it means for Ca...

Yeah rona isn't on much but he will command no less than $250k next contract I presume.As for him playing Union again is probably his dream to represent the all blacks at some stage of his career.Hope it's after he has helped us win a few titles then cya later lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you not think that Tolman can play a Gallen type role at lock? Also gives Klemmer the extra minutes he has been craving.
Nope, wouldn't play him there. Adds nothing in attack other than his standard consistent hitups. Defensively he would be fine, but id rather play a lock with a lil more pace and attacking flair.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still not announced on the website.
Can you offer any insight too69u ?

~c.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
But we will be better team with him at lock. His workrate, fitness, defence, accelertion and power make him perfectly suited for lock. Will also give our props an extra rotation.
I agree that Jackson will be a brilliant lock

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I like u too69u but Rona is not on base pay at the dogs. I believe he is on around 120-150k a year. There is no way he'd be on 80k. The Cowboys offered him 100 or so to stay but we outbid them and stole him from them.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope Eastwood stays for another year with us
he is an asset to our team

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not the way locks play these days. They are like another front rower.
We are about to see another evolution in how coaches play forward packs, Locks will almost definitely shift to being 80 minute athletic forwards

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Piss sherex and Lloyd perret off ASAP even this year if possible
lane and Rona will stay
im 50/50 regarding Eastwood as he does want to go home to nzld in the future
Eastwood loves the dogs and would want to stay. Alot of people think he would like to go home to NZ, but he actually doesn't. If he'd go anywhere it would be back to the Gold Coast. Both him and his missus have family and friends there. Heard it straight from the horses mouth. I honestly could not see him leaving us for the titans. And clearly the club holds him in high regard as he captained in the 9s.

Out of those 4 I honestly think we'll keep Rona and beast. T-Rex is as good as gone. As for Lane, I think a club will come in with a big money offer and he'll leave.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I like u too69u but Rona is not on base pay at the dogs. I believe he is on around 120-150k a year. There is no way he'd be on 80k. The Cowboys offered him 100 or so to stay but we outbid them and stole him from them.
What makes you so sure?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Beast needs to be kept. Massively under rated. Consistently one of our best forwards week in week out!
Actually he is massively overrated on here. Not saying his crap, but he isn't as great as some people make him out to be.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not the way locks play these days. They are like another front rower.
Some teams just use the lock as a 3rd prop like us, others don't. But it is pretty clear that wont work anymore and teams will need to carry a genuine lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.