Bulldogs to align with Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CONTROVERSIAL former Brisbane Broncos coach Ivan Henjak has quit the Sunshine Coast Falcons, just ten games in to his return to rugby league.

News Corp exclusively revealed on Saturday that Henjak’s Intrust Super Cup tenure was poised to end because NRL club the Canterbury Bulldogs were going to align with the Falcons and wanted to appoint their own head coach.

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/nrl...ne-coast-falcons/story-fndv2wg4-1226914763310

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We've aligned with a club on a 29 game losing streak?

The Dogfather

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We will prob rebuild the club and create a team of queensland talent which will have opportunities to play for the dogs in the future

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We will prob rebuild the club and create a team of queensland talent which will have opportunities to play for the dogs in the future
Should be good aslong as they don't get "homesick"

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder why this is.....do the Queensland players we spot and sign now play for this club rather than bringing them to Sydney and playing them in NSW cup

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They got utterly shafted player wise when Manly were forced to break the system they had. They are fielding a below reserve grade squad atm.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Waste of time really.

I think it was Fullham (English premier league) but they sponsored Demons Sports Club in Blacktown. They did this to get first pick of classy players but when they stopped this, they kept on approaching players anyway & they would jump at the chance. The sponsorship was just a waste of money & it ceased

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Going to base the team in belmore, then fly to qld for the games. Will pretty much be run how des wants and help us sign extra players and develop them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hmm Bulldogs chance to push a team into Qld Cup to have fingers in that talent pool as well.

and yes I realise I shouldn't use the term "fingers in" alot here anymore lol

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hmm Bulldogs chance to push a team into Qld Cup to have fingers in that talent pool as well.

and yes I realise I shouldn't use the term "fingers in" alot here anymore lol
Did you say Ferguson?

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently the club is run pretty sh!thouse, Bulldogs have a habit of turning shit into gold. They must see potential to align themselves with the Falcons.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Going to base the team in belmore, then fly to qld for the games. Will pretty much be run how des wants and help us sign extra players and develop them.
Are you serious or just messing with us?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Other than being able to lay claim on a young Queensland talent pool it also gives us a fan based foothold in Queensland territory. All these families of Falcon players will start supporting the Bulldogs giving us a bigger fan base for away games.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having representation should also assist in identifying additional talent in Qld. Having a Coach in the Intrust cup thats role is one to coach that team but also identify talent in the opposition teams could be a good move. Not like the dogs need to restrict these kinds of activities. Also players to old for U20's but not part of the clubs immediate plans and show potential could be offered a position in that team.

Status
Not open for further replies.