News Bulldogs tipped for late Benji Marshall play after Burton release attempt falls through

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So according to drunkfield Andrew Hill does the recruitment. Because if no one else was willing to honour the deal means no one else knew about it. The guy loves a fairytale.
I find it very suspect that Buzz is all of a sudden Hill’s biggest fan. It makes you wonder what type of connection those two have.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I find it very suspect that Buzz is all of a sudden Hill’s biggest fan. It makes you wonder what type of connection those two have.
Most of these journos (if you can call them that) suddenly love people after they’re moved on from the club. Remember the huge fuss about Pay being moved on and the family club link. Also the fuss over Garry Carden.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Most of these journos (if you can call them that) suddenly love people after they’re moved on from the club. Remember the huge fuss about Pay being moved on and the family club link. Also the fuss over Garry Carden.
Even Castle got it! I remember that moron David Riccio saying how great of an operator she was! It’s all about raising as much drama and creating as much fake controversy as possible.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What took you so long Daily-Tell-A-Crap scum ???

Superuber

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I usually don’t bother replying to your excessively negative posts, but I’ll make an exception this time:

By the numbers;
1. Every team he has played in has made the finals, not a bad record right there. He was chosen as captain of the NSW Under-20s, was chosen in the emerging NSW SOO team, so Fittler and the rest of the NSW Selectors seem to think that maybe he has done plenty (compared to your opinion, which I will come back to later).

2. The Chooks wasn’t "the 2nd best program last year", Robinson completely farked up their fitness regime, both physical and mental. He flogged the shit out of them in the preseason and then did it again in the COVID break. They were gone with 3 rounds to go in the season, the tank was empty, especially the old guys like the Mozzies and JWH who are past their best and need less flogging and more injury management.

3. Your eyes are clouded by the excessive negativity I referred to above. Just an example, in 2020 he had a goal kicking average at 81% (that's El Masri level of accuracy).

4. I refer you to Cronk’s assessment of Flanagan, “A good kicking game, a good support game, good organisation, good defence". Somehow I rate his opinion higher than yours. Even AJohns, I rate his opinion higher than yours (and that's saying something), "Flanagan would be a "really good" fit with the Bulldogs" .... "Everyone knocking Kyle Flanagan, I think he had a really strong year,"

As for his defence,"According to Champion Data, no other half who has played 10 games or more this season has been targeted as regularly as the 22-year-old Flanagan, who has had to make an average of 25.5 tackles a game. It clearly outweighs the defensive work Luke Keary (16.6 tackles a game) has had to shoulder this year and surpasses the amount of tackling Cronk (18.4) had to do during his final season in 2019. But in news that will no doubt please coach Trent Robinson as he tries to find a fix to the club's leaky defence, Flanagan ranks third in tackle efficiency among all halves at 91.5 per cent, behind only Parramatta's Dylan Brown (93.9 per cent) and Newcastle's Kurt Mann (92.6 per cent)."

5. If you mean "doubt", as in "uncertain" then I am certain that he is better than our other 1/2 options and I am certain that even at his worst he represents good Cap value.

6. Not sure about "sought", as in "seek", maybe you mean "sort" as in "type"? If so I suggest you watch the Chooks games a little more closely, as painful as that might be. Personally I like his support play, staying alive, backing up, as in Round 3.

Go Dogs
impressed how you highlighted errors