Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dean Pay to step down as Bulldogs Head Coach
Author
bulldogs.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 14 Jul 2020, 09:55 AM
Share on social media
Dean Pay will step down from his role as Head Coach of the Bulldogs immediately after both parties agreed that it was in the best interests of the individual and the club to part ways.

The decision was reached after a meeting between Dean and the club following Saturday's loss to the Broncos.

Bulldogs Chief Executive Andrew Hill thanked Pay for his contribution over the past three seasons :

"These decisions are always tough, particularly when they involve someone who has been part of the Bulldogs family for a long time. The fact is though that the Club and Dean have decided that we needed to move in a different direction to take the team forward and Dean was in agreement that now was the right time for both parties to part ways.

We did not rush into this decision and have taken our time to look at what was best for the club in regard to success moving forward.

I'd like to thank Dean for his contribution over the past three years and all the hard work and passion he has given to the club.

Dean Pay expressed his thanks to the club for the opportunity to coach back at Belmore :

"I'd like to thank the Bulldogs for the opportunity to be the Head Coach at a club that has always meant so much to me."

Steve Georgallis will act as interim Head Coach until an appointment is made.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The axe finally came down."
Dateline Belmore, Sydney Australia:
The excitement was palpable at the Belmore sports ground today when an ebullient Lynne Anderson announced a new head coach for her beloved and struggling Bulldogs.
Ted Gossop will be taking the helm from the beleaguered Dean Pay at seasons end with hopes to rekindle the spirit of the 1980s, "Entertainers!"
"I can't wait to get onto the paddock and whip the boys into sparkling form!" announced the beaming master coach.
Negotiations are well underway to recruit Eels legendary coach Jack Gibson as assistant, so things are finally looking up down Belmore way!

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can't help but feel sorry for Pay but at the end of the day I think the right decision was made despite how it was handled.
Now that's done, club should focus on getting the best possible candidate to take over the job.... Don't let the media appoint the coach!