News Bulldogs star tees off in anti-vax critics as NSW makes stand-down call

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I'd rather call the police.

You'd prefer they took your valuables, than shot up your family when you brandish a gun. If we were like the US, they'd be packing guns, too.
But Moey and Habib and Ahmed already have the guns, just not average Joe

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was half agreeing with you bro. It was just bigger than anti vaxxers causing the epidemic in Samoa. It was not really driven by the usual anti vax movement. IMO, the anti vax movement includes wider conspiracies like governments poisoning populations, inserting tracking devices, causing autism etc. and other unfounded or discredited theories. Don't get me wrong, this was part of it but the Samoa measles outbreak was much broader than that. It was reactive to those child deaths from the incorrectly administered vaccines, corruption within the government, anti Chinese sentiments, pro Chinese sentiments, poor health system and outside influences from Instagram anti vaxxers.
Yeah. Unfortunately for many anti-vaxxers, that's how it starts. Either something bad with a vaccine or something they think is caused by a vaccine.

A common one is mum's when they get their kid vaccinated. Sometimes the kid will have a seizure. It doesn't do any permanent damage to the kid and it's generally what can happen with a fever, but it looks so bad that it makes mums think that they permanently injured their kid with vaccines. Then they start on the Anti-vax bandwagon and there's enough misinformation out there to convince them that they are right about the "evils of vaccination"