Bulldogs star Moses Mbye rated the NRL’s most dangerous playmaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
MOSES Mbye, right now, is the most dangerous playmaker in the NRL. But good luck getting him to agree.

“For me, Parramatta have the form halves,’’ the Canterbury No.7 says. “I mean, Kieran Foran, he’s really got some big things coming this year.

“He was signed by the Eels to be their marquee man and, last weekend against the reigning premiers, he went and proved it.”

Still only 22, Mbye is set for a blockbuster ANZ Stadium showdown this Friday night against that same rival he rates so highly, the Eels $5 million import Foran.

Yet while it has been the New Zealand Test star dominating headlines this week, especially after upsetting North Queensland last Saturday, it is rising Bulldog Mbye who currently sits No.1.

According to Fox Sports Statistics, the Belmore livewire has already played a key hand in six Canterbury tries — with four try assists and two more tries to his name.

It puts him two clear of Wests Tigers star Mitchell Moses, Warrior Shaun Johnson, Souths rookie Cody Walker and rejuvenated Sharkie Chad Townsend.

Apart from keeping the Dogs undefeated, Mbye’s form has also temporarily silenced those critics who believed Canterbury would struggle without structured No.7 Trent Hodkinson.

“Everyone has been talking, worrying about who is going to steer the ship here at Canterbury,’’ five-eighth Josh Reynolds agrees.

“But I think Moses and myself, we’ve both taken a role in doing it. And so far we’ve done OK. We’re going well with the team but we also both know there is still a lot to work on.”

Moses Mbye has had a blistering start to the season.Source:News Corp Australia

And it starts on Friday night against arch rivals Parramatta.

Currently unbeaten, the Bulldogs will start $1.55 favourites. Yet all eyes will be on the Eels halves, with both Foran and Corey Norman having been instrumental in the Cowboys 20-16 upset last Saturday.

“The Eels halves are a real threat,” Moses says. “Corey Norman has been playing well for a while and Kieran, he’s only one game back in and going to get better every week.

“There are some massive things in the pipeline for him. But I can’t get caught up in that. I just need to play to the best of my ability.”

And as for the personal battle?

“You battle them in the sense of who sets the game up ... and who finishes it,’’ Reynolds says. “So in that regard, it’s definitely going to be a good one.

“Corey and Kieran have been the talk of the preseason. And they should be, they’re a great duo. The most important thing for Moses and I, however, is to concentrate on ourselves.”

NRL ATTACKING WEAPONS

Name Club Tries Try Assists Total

Moses Mbye Bulldogs 2 4 6

James Tedesco Tigers 5 1 6

Kevin Naiqama Tigers 1 4 5

Shaun Johnson Warriors 1 3 4

Cody Walker Souths 0 4 4

Mitchell Moses Tigers 0 4 4

Chad Townsend Sharks 2 2 4

Aaron Gray Souths 4 0 4

Source

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Its amazing how good a player plays when contracts are on the table. Lets hope he keeps his form going this year and proves his game can match the hype.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing to get excited about, it's only been 2 rounds and theres no Thurston on that list.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its amazing how good a player plays when contracts are on the table. Lets hope he keeps his form going this year and proves his game can match the hype.
Thats what I'm afraid of, we dont want Ben Roberts 2.0.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bloody hell who's jerking whos chain here??? Don't listen to these fools Mbye just keep learning your trade!!! Remember Moses a pat on the back is only 3 feet away from a kick up the ass.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 10 million Dollar princes is coping it badly on the Silvertails forum. A few bad games from Foran and the Eels fans will be calling for his head!!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Mbye has been getting some massive media coverage this week including cocer of RLW hopefully doesn't go to his head

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh..... nah.

Not to knock Mbye at all, he's playing very well and really coming along, if he holds that top spot or there abouts for the rest of the season then the headline will be justified, right now its just 2 games. JR and Mbye are saying the right things there, the reporter got a little excited.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's exactly like predicting the season based on the current ladder

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The 10 million Dollar princes is coping it badly on the Silvertails forum. A few bad games from Foran and the Eels fans will be calling for his head!!!
Sucked shit to the cockhead sympathy and care factor is an absolute 0.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bloody hell who's jerking whos chain here??? Don't listen to these fools Mbye just keep learning your trade!!! Remember Moses a pat on the back is only 3 feet away from a kick up the ass.

exactly, remember last year how moses went from super hero to sub zero as the season progressed.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If Moses is the most dangerous playmaker in the comp at the moment, the NRL are in trouble.

He's decent, but not "most dangerous" let alone 2nd or 3rd, maybe 4th... or maybe 5th... Who knows. Who cares. As long as he doesn't f*ck up.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More dangerous than Tedesco ???
He's had a very good start but Tedesco has lit up the opening rounds of the comp imo

GRKDOG

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sounds like this forum. A few bad games from any of our players and we call for everyone's head.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
More dangerous than Tedesco ???
He's had a very good start but Tedesco has lit up the opening rounds of the comp imo
Problem is Tedesco is an injury waiting to happen but if he can make it through the season injury free. He is an outright super star.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Sounds like this forum. A few bad games from any of our players and we call for everyone's head.
Pretty much it happens on all the forums. Plus there are conspiracy theories about the refs being corrupt + biased against [insert team name here].

We'd actually be a unique forum if we cut most of that rubbish out...

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Problem is Tedesco is an injury waiting to happen but if he can make it through the season injury free. He is an outright super star.
He did last year vlas
Played every game of last year incl city country game and killed it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
exactly why he ain't in my supercoach team

Status
Not open for further replies.