Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would care if he missed a major portion of 2022 for a silly cameo at the panthers.
He can get injured at Broncos or here too. I guess plays more games because finals but it'd be good experience.

Cujo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jackson Hastings

LOL at tigers for proposing Brooks and Mbye for Wighton and Hodgson. Glad whoever's doing their recruitment isn't with us
Yep!
I think there must have been a butt load of sherbets... both nose & liquid before that astonishing swap was proposed!! :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Just no grasp of reality!!
I cant hate on the tigs, or even derive satisfaction from their situation...its just sad to observe.....
However I am relieved that we as a club seem to be moving away from the "train wreck" position that both they & we have inhabited for too long!

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The penrith situation doesn't make any sense to me. Why would broncos even be bothered to release him now (6 games to go of regular season)? Why help out penrith? How do penrith afford him when they've already publicly stated they don't have the cap space? Why would that fisherman harrisfarm situation allow for 'cap exemption'? If a player leaves the bubble, they quarantine for 2 weeks before they return... you telling me fisher harris goes for the rest of the season? what happens when he returns? how many more questions should I throw into this sentence?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
The penrith situation doesn't make any sense to me. Why would broncos even be bothered to release him now (6 games to go of regular season)? Why help out penrith? How do penrith afford him when they've already publicly stated they don't have the cap space? Why would that fisherman harrisfarm situation allow for 'cap exemption'? If a player leaves the bubble, they quarantine for 2 weeks before they return... you telling me fisher harris goes for the rest of the season? what happens when he returns? how many more questions should I throw into this sentence?

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's exciting we're finally assembling a first grade quality side. We have been playing years with reserve graders. Everyone knows we got players in our squad who are not up to standard, and now we're finally building. Juniors like Schoupp, BBO, Alamoti, Averillo coming through. We're looking the goods. Would like an experienced half to teach and nurture our young fellas!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No doubt he can be a loose cannon and a suspension risk but he's also shown a tonne of promise in his career and had been much more consistent this season, especially defensively and in terms of effort.
I also liked how TPJ went after David Fifita after Fifita had torched the Broncos right edge defence... seriously, is there a single current 'Dogs forward who could intimidate an opposing forward?

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
What would happen if TPJ got a serious injury playing for the panthers.
I understand if he hurt himself representing his country it was a risk for the better of the game. And there's dispensation that helps a little. This move would have no value to us nor is it helping a struggling side trying to get into the finals. Penrith are set.
you think he should just sit on the shelf and not play? He's a footy player....injuries are always a risk, but it is probably in his and our best interests for him to play....especially if it helps him soak up a bit of winning culture. He can also use the time to get a little Familiar with Burton.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon we are paying him 1.95 mill over the 3 years with broncs chipping in 250 in first year. Resulting in total value 2.2

I think maybe they are trying to sort out Vaughn before they announce. If Vaughn can be signed for next year and his non contract period this year can apply for his suspension, we may use money in this years cap to bring TPJ over early… that could be why no announcement yet. But I am just tying to read between the lines.
I can live with that

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hooper said he didn't know the exact players but it was something around those lines.
Nah, he said he wasn't aware of the exact details of the response, I think. They all seem pretty adamant the four players mentioned were involved in the pitch.