Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

SunnycoastDog

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't trust him on an edge, fades in and out of games and makes some shocking decisions in defence. I think he needs to focus on just punching it up through the middle, dominating his opposition and offloading I'd the opportunity presents. He can still run wide at times even if he's playing prop.

I'd personally look at playing Thompson on an edge now or at least running him there in attack. I'd rather start the game with two big boys at prop like TPJ and Vaughan and let Thompson use his pace and footwork out wide where I think he would offer more strike.
Now just let him entice his mate Payne to come over in 2 years time

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Some seriously sad tales from tiger town tonight
View attachment 26930

I feel sorry for guys like this. He is clearly intelligent and able to look at the situation without orange and black sunnies on.

The Tigers have massive issues and I am not sure how they can fix them.

Before this season started I had the opportunity to chat to one of their directors. It was a regular NRL convo at first before I realised what their job was so then naturally I started asking about how things are at the Wests Tigers. They were super confident about the future, especially about Tamou coming. I said I was very sceptical of Tamou fixing anything but admitted he would bring leadership qualities.

This person actually convinced me that Wests Tigers were on the up with how passionately they spoke and how they said the club was working so much better behind the scenes at the moment.

But how this season has gone... they must be absolutely dejected behind the scenes now. Imagine being that confident you were going in the right direction only to realise nothing has changed and now no one wants to join your club to help it improve.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’ll feel a lot better when dogs Fucking announce it.

Get it Done. Huge tick.

Tigers fans forget we have so many out injured like rfm cotric Elliott etc.

Throw in they list burton Jac forget naden and dufty. If we land tpj and Vaughan we just need a 9 and surely go all in for b smith.

Dufty
Jac
Naden
Schooup
Cotric
Burton
Averilo/bbo
Vaughan (hopefully)
Smith (hopefully)
Thompson
Rfm
Tpj (hopefully)
Jacko

Hetho
Elliott
Ava
Topine/jmk

Fucking top squad!

Here’s hoping!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh the manager who got us to two grand finals after finishing terribly in 2011? The manager who we only missed the finals once with? The manager who was only sacked to appease dead brain fans like yourselves to score election points? The manager who currently is spearheading a Manly title charge? Is that the manager that discredits me?
No no no no no.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It made me realise and appreciate that no matter how bad things may seem

Some kants have it worse
Imagine their coach thinking dogs were a basket case. And yet dogs have pulled off no fewer then half a dozen top line signings while tigers have locked up Hastings next season to go with James Roberts this season :tearsofjoy:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would like to see Thompson on an Edge also. I think TPJ at lock with some freedom to roam wide at times would be the best way to play him. Defensively I think he would be less of a risk in the middle also.
I think TPJ's game needs to be as simple as possible so just name him at prop and leave it at that. He can still run wide at times in the red zone but I don't really want him roaming around too much and having to make many decisions other than should he offload or hold the ball lol.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't trust him on an edge, fades in and out of games and makes some shocking decisions in defence. I think he needs to focus on just punching it up through the middle, dominating his opposition and offloading I'd the opportunity presents. He can still run wide at times even if he's playing prop.

I'd personally look at playing Thompson on an edge now or at least running him there in attack. I'd rather start the game with two big boys at prop like TPJ and Vaughan and let Thompson use his pace and footwork out wide where I think he would offer more strike.
Thompson will be better in the middle once we have some bigger bodies bending the defensive line. His best work in Super League came off the back of Wamsley and a quick play the ball.
Not sure how he'd go defending on an edge either going off some of his efforts and reads in the middle this year.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Perhaps there is a media story in it that goes a little like this......

"GUS SHOWS HIS WORTH"

In his first day with his feet under his new Belmore desk, Gus Gould has already shown his value to the club.

TPJ had called the Bulldogs to tell them he was about to sign with the Tigers.

Then, with one phone call from the man they call "Gus", the Bulldogs had their man as TPJ agreed to a 3 year deal with the Bulldogs.
So TPJ has signed?
Wow goes to show that he didn’t choose us at first and only through Gus luck we had him. That’s a worry