Official Bulldogs sign Tevita Pangai Junior for next three seasons

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Now with Gus on board, I think TPJ will be a BULLDOG.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone think that the delay for announcing TPJ might coincide with the appointment of Gould?

a feather in the cap so to speak as for him to announce it?
Either way I’m honestly not concerned if we get him or not our pulling power will be ridiculous for years to come
I would not say ridiculous pulling power but it is better with Gould on board

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Gould will demand a total new strategy on recruitment but im pretty sure he likes to put his seal of approvals on the table early into his appointments.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if Gould will demand a total new strategy on recruitment but im pretty sure he likes to put his seal of approvals on the table early into his appointments.
His role will focus more on player development but I remember at Penrith he had a fair say in recruitment as well. I reckon the TPJ thing could go either way. Gus may not be a fan of his and if so we won’t sign him

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His role will focus more on player development but I remember at Penrith he had a fair say in recruitment as well. I reckon the TPJ thing could go either way. Gus may not be a fan of his and if so we won’t sign him
I could see this going either way.

Gus no doubt would have his eyes on Kikau and Leota.

Would we be better off having that kind of coin aside for them?

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see this going either way.

Gus no doubt would have his eyes on Kikau and Leota.

Would we be better off having that kind of coin aside for them?
Not sure mate but Gus will have strong opinions on players like TPJ. He will suss out pretty quickly whether he will be a good fit.

The good thing is that he will play the long game whereas Baz would be more inclined to recruit for the short term given results will determine his future. That can be dangerous

a dogs life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s going to be very interesting now to see what happens with Pangai. I would think Gould would be a fan, however will take none of Pangai’s b.s.

If Pangai signs with us, I will be pumped as it will mean he has bought in to the culture, knows he will have knuckle down and stands an excellent chance of fulfilling his potential.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Atleast if TPJ signs or not now you can be confident due diligence was carried out with Gould there now.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry guys. I was told there would be a big announcement this week and I assumed it would be the signing of TPJ. Turns out it was Gus.
Not looking to argue but unless you are connected to John Khoury I find this hard to believe. The signing of Gus was kept top secret that even the board only found out on Friday.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate people sharing signing news but it does get frustrating when it has no substance.

If I remember correctly, earlier in the year you also said Burton will definitely be at the dogs this season, so your record is not that convincing

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
Maybe TPJ announced tonight, after the game dufty style? Heres hoping anyway.